• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Currently leak testing, and have a question

schwank

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 2, 2000
Messages
222
So sitting here on the old puter while the latest project undergoes leak testing.

IMG_3358.jpg


After a couple hours, my system has started to go through cycles of

a) the pump being very loud but appearing to work perfectly
b) pump quiets down but you can hear water loudly percolating through the rad

Flow seems unaffected during either stage, but the level of liquid in the t-line rises with one portion of the cycle and falls with the other. No water is leaking out, and no air bubbles appear to be in the system. I am using a very old AT PSU wired just to the pump for testing. Does this sound like an issue with the PSU? Is it an issue with air trapped in the rad that is not being flushed out? It's kind of odd hearing the dripping of water in the rad... and I've gone through 1.5 cycles just while typing this post.

Any ideas?

Edit: She's quieted down quite a bit now... still some cycling, but I take it this is my noob intro to truly bleeding a system. I really was wondering why the pump was so dang loud.
 
Have you taken your case and tilted in in every direction to help get the air out of the rad? Also shaking it while tilting helps, sounds like your rad still has a lot of air in it.
 
i assume that your rad is mounted in the front... (x-flow?)

anyways - place a towel on the floor / desk and tilt your PC so that the face of the pc is flat on the ground - thereby making your radiator horizontal to clear the rad out.

not sure if T-lines work the same way as res's but after you do the tilting thing, let the loop run for about a half hour or so w/ your t-line cap off.
 
I've read bleeding with a T-line can take awhile so hang in there.
Very nice and clean setup!!!
Good Job.
 
Yeah, Tlines are a bitch, they're the reason I went back to a 120mm res mounted in a top blowhole.

Keep at it, swing the case around a bit just... dont drop it...
 
PHP:
b) pump quiets down but you can hear water loudly percolating through the rad

May I have some coffee please? Joking :p

PHP:
Flow seems unaffected during either stage, but the level of liquid in the t-line rises with one portion of the cycle and falls with the other.

I am assuming that the block you are using is the danger den tdx block right? If it is not the danger den tdx block then disregard this reply. That is a nice block that creates some turbulent convection cooling that is popular today. The tdx comes with an accelerator nozzle#1 beneath the inlet barb. You can buy a tdx accelerator nozzle set here if you want:

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=112

Apparently from what I read on the net, #1 nozzle is meant for multiple blocks and the #3 nozzle for just cpu as recommended here.

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/super_cooling/dangerden/tdx939/index.htm

Maybe you can play around with the different nozzles. BTW, I love the wire management and is very clean. Nice setup.
 
I think the problem with the rising and falling water is that, well... Trapped air is trying to get out, and cannot... FIll your Tline up higher and open the top so loud airbubbles can escape.
 
It took my system 3 hours to bleed on a T-Line, without shaking or tilting it. I didnt seem to have any problem with the rad, but I could hear the pump givin'er with the bubbles - and my water was white with foam.

I left the T-Line cap off and the bubbles slowly but surely started creeping up. If you can find a way to tilt your T-Line tube so that it catches the current, more bubbles will flow up. Of course this is ridiculously terrible in terms of flow/cooling but it works wonders for bleeding purposes :)

Here are some pics of my assembly/bleeding, might help :)

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1029786887&postcount=14
 
Back
Top