Current PSUs good enough?

Joined
Dec 21, 2011
Messages
5
Hello [H],

I'm building two identical systems, as follows:

CPU: i5-2500k
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V
Ram: G.Skill 8GB Sniper Low Volt DDR3 1600 Mem
Video: AMD HD 5770
1xPCI Sound Card
2xOptical Drives
2xHard drives (both are Seagate 7200rpm 500GB)

The i5-2500k's will be OC'd.

I already have two PSU's I'm wondering if I can use:
1x Antec EA-500D Green (~1 year old)
1x Antec EA-650D Green (~3 months old)

Will these PSU's do fine powering the systems above? From what I've read here on the forums, it seems so, but I'd like to be sure.

Also, if I were to upgrade the video cards to a HD 6950 or 560ti 448core, would I then need to grab a bigger PSU? (750W or something similar?)

Thanks for the input.
 
Get the 650 just to have some extra headroom for overclocking and future upgrades.
 
the 5770 is a highly energy efficient card. i have the model below (5750) and running a RAIDMAX 530 (as my first PSU, and it was cheap) So you having better quality PSUs then i have, plus the extra few watts the 2500K will be pulling over my i3-2100, youll be perfectly fine.

Im running an H61 board with only a single PCIexpress X16, i was even thinking bout upgrading from the RAIDMAX to the XFX450 (yes its less wattage, but a single 12v rail vs my dual rail) but still have headroom for my near future 2500k upgrade.
 
Back
Top