• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Current headset recommendations

Pestluder

Weaksauce
2FA
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
83
My old Alienware AW988 are on their last legs. What are the modern recommendations in the $200 - $250 range?

I'm looking for wireless, closed-back and preferably one where the mic folds up nice or detaches. Mainly for gaming but I do enjoy a bit of music - but I'm not an audiophile.

Ps. I still miss the reviews, looking at rtings just aren't the same. They don't name bands, so who knows if Tool is part of the test? (Thanks Kyle).
 
IMO get good headphones and attach a wireless ModMic.

Reviews are on YouTube nowadays. Just look at actual legit reviews that test the products and not the garbage that is just trying to sell through affiliate links.
 
Audeze Maxwell's $299.99
I would say this is the gold standard for a. wireless gaming headset

Beyerdynamic MMX 200 Sold out
Reviews are good Beyerdynamics they make headphones & microphones

HyperX Cloud lll wireless $149.99 & Cloud Alpha $142.18
HyperX makes some good headsets

Fractal Design Scape headset $199.99
New to gaming headsets reviews look good.

Steelseries Arctis Nova Pro wireless $249.99
Reviews say you need to adjust the EQ to your liking.

There are dozens of more wireless gaming headsets out there or spend a little more on a quality headphones and a microphone
HyperX QuadCast mics range $80.00 to $143.00 & headphones you have your pick.
 
I own VZR model 1s are the best but don't like the design do I'm using Hyper Cloud Alpha S. I'll take the VZR when I'm gaming just at Night use speakers during the day.
 
Back
Top