Current 360 3D games?

None that I'm aware of, but that doesn't concern me since I have zero intentions of buying a new TV to use 3D.

Nope.. if you want 3D games look at the PS3. 360 doesn't have a big selection for 3D games. It's a nice feature to have regardless if you want it or not (doesn't negatively affect), its still a feature :).

Batman and Avatar. There's a few indie titles which do it too. I'm sure there were a couple more retail titles, but it's not the sort of thing which interests me so I can't say I've been paying attention.

How does 3D gaming stack up on consoles compared to nVidia 3D Vision? The frame rate hit is ENOURMOUS in 3D Vision as it renders two frames per scene essentially cutting performance in half. But then a console is't driving 1080P let alone 3 x 1080P.

Batman and Avatar. There's a few indie titles which do it too. I'm sure there were a couple more retail titles, but it's not the sort of thing which interests me so I can't say I've been paying attention.

Batman supports native 3D on 360?

How does 3D gaming stack up on consoles compared to nVidia 3D Vision? The frame rate hit is ENOURMOUS in 3D Vision as it renders two frames per scene essentially cutting performance in half. But then a console is't driving 1080P let alone 3 x 1080P.

I haven't played 3D vision yet and on consoles it's obviously nowhere near that res but for the most part it's been pretty good so far. Games like Super Stardust are amazing.

Do all 360 Arkham Asylum games support 3D or just the "Game of the Year" one? I've got the PC one (which supports the Nvidia 3D), but was thinking that only the Game of the Year version for the consoles was in 3D.
In general for 3D to work, you need a game that runs at a VERY high framerate, because they're pretty much going to cut it in half. That's why Motorstorm, Black Ops, Super Stardust, Batman, Pain, etc. all work well. They're all normally 60fps games.

Just the game of the year one. Looking at it though, I'm not sure if it supports proper 3D... only the coloured glasses version. I can't be arsed loading it to check. :p

Playing through Batman: AA GOTY on 360 right now, and the 3D is indeed the old, colored glasses flavor. In fact, the game even comes packaged with a pair. I'm almost positive that this in the GOTY edition only.

Playing through Batman: AA GOTY on 360 right now, and the 3D is indeed the old, colored glasses flavor. In fact, the game even comes packaged with a pair. I'm almost positive that this in the GOTY edition only.

Meh, I was hoping it was gonna be stereoscopic. I'll pass.

None that I'm aware of, but that doesn't concern me since I have zero intentions of buying a new TV to use 3D.

I was the same way as you until I checked out my brother's 3D tv.. I'm sold, buying one this weekend.

I was the same way as you until I checked out my brother's 3D tv.. I'm sold, buying one this weekend.

Pretty much everyone I know was the same till they saw mine in action, awesome ain't it!

You might wanna grab a PS3 whilst your at it, alot more 3D content games wise and doubles up as a 3D bluray player.

Sony has a bigger interest in 3D since they produce and sell 3D TVs, so it's more likely that we'll see more 3D-compatible games for the PS3 than the 360.

Pretty much everyone I know was the same till they saw mine in action, awesome ain't it!

You might wanna grab a PS3 whilst your at it, alot more 3D content games wise and doubles up as a 3D bluray player.

Very awesome. The bundle I'm looking at has a 3D blueray player, 2 glasses, a shrek 3d disk, and a 50" samsung plasma. All for $1399. Hard to beat really.

Edit: I do plan on getting a PS3 eventually. ;)

I thought that just about every game since the Playstation was in 3D?

....oh wait... you mean that stupid 3D glasses shit... :<

Exactly my sentiments on the whole situation. :)

That's nice, now the thread is actually about 3D games, don't like 'em? Door is that way ----->

I guess we'd still be better off playing games on 8bit systems tho, fuck trying new things and trying to better the user experience :rolleyes:

That's nice, now the thread is actually about 3D games, don't like 'em? Door is that way ----->

I guess we'd still be better off playing games on 8bit systems tho, fuck trying new things and trying to better the user experience :rolleyes:
We've already tried 3D, back in the day, it's nothing new. Sure, you don't have to look at blue and red lines anymore, but it's just as gimmicky as it ever was.
"Woah dude! It's like I'm actually in the game!"
Personally, it detracts from the detail of the image and puts unnecessary strain on my eye. Not worth it for me.

The only time this kind of effect is ever going to really work is when we can hook our brains directly into the game. I'll totally be on the bandwagon for that. This crap we have today is basically just there to sell new TVs and charge you extra money for movie tickets. Count me out.

/opinion

Last edited:
We've already tried 3D, back in the day, it's nothing new. Sure, you don't have to look at blue and red lines anymore, but it's just as gimmicky as it ever was.
Personally, it detracts from the detail of the image and puts unnecessary strain on my eye. Not worth it for me.

The only time this kind of effect is ever going to really work is when we can hook our brains directly into the game. I'll totally be on the bandwagon for that. This crap we have today is basically just there to sell new TVs and charge you extra money for movie tickets. Count me out.

/opinion

Fair do's, I have a mate who is the same with the strain, it affects us all differently but this will drive to whatever will be even more immersive, perhaps even leading onto hooking directly into games. It all starts somewhere.

Can't say I've noticed a lack of detail either in stereoscopic. Avatar, for example, is fucking immense, also for people that are also in the market for a new tv.....isn't going to hurt them going 3D is it?

Last edited:
Fair do's, I have a mate who is the same with the strain, it affects us all differently but this will drive to whatever will be even more immersive, perhaps even leading onto hooking directly into games. It all starts somewhere.

Can't say I've noticed a lack of detail either in stereoscopic. Avatar, for example, is fucking immense, also for people that are also in the market for a new tv.....isn't going to hurt them going 3D is it?

It's probably just me (and people with the same eyes as me), I don't pick up on as much detail when it's in 3D. Plus it seems like the contrast/brightness goes down at the theater.

I don't really see the current 3D craze driving any newer technology, but I guess in some disjointed way it will. As long as nothing every requires it, I'm fine.

It's probably just me (and people with the same eyes as me), I don't pick up on as much detail when it's in 3D. Plus it seems like the contrast/brightness goes down at the theater.

I don't really see the current 3D craze driving any newer technology, but I guess in some disjointed way it will. As long as nothing every requires it, I'm fine.

The brightness on tv's actually goes thru the roof only to compensate for the dark glasses. The pic looks washed out without them.....and obviously blurry/out of focus. There will never be a requirement, not a chance because not everyone will buy into it, be it cost or medical etc that's why there is always a 2d option of a movie running alongside the 3d version at theatres too.

/opinion

I can understand your hatred for 3D glasses. I'm not a big fan of them either, but 3D is definitely not a gimmick. Give it a few and this will be coming to home theaters soon enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IICGkOtJ9E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IICGkOtJ9E&feature=related

3D at least for games has gone from fad to nitch this year and I think that movies are about to make the same transition. Went to pick up the Legend of the Guardians 3D Blu Ray combo pack at a Best Buy today and it was sold out.

I love my 3D games now, it's now a requirement for my main gaming rig.

I love how people say 3d has been tried before, for games/movies before 3d vision and ps3 yes it was tried before......on the master system! Motorstorm/super stardust and black ops back then on the master system fuckin rocked and is just the same as it is now, so was watching fucking brilliant 3d movies like $100 million budget nightmate on elm street 6 using the same 3d tech and computers as james camerons avatar but in red and green on our 14-20" tube tvs in 240p, fuckin rocked I tell you!!

Back