Current $200 SSD hotness

bigddybn

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Messages
8,104
I have an Intel 80GB G2 in the laptop I do most of my actual work on. It's working like a champ but I really could go with another 40GB or so of space.

Suggestions on a 200 buckish 120GBish SSD? I'm perfectly content with the responsiveness of the Intel drive just to keep things in perspective. Thought of just finding a used 160GB G2 and going with that.
 
A used X25-M could be a good choice. If you decide to get a new SSD, I'd go with a 128GB Samsung 470, or possibly a Crucial m4 if you think you might transfer the SSD to a SATA 6Gbps system sometime in the future.

If you are willing to wait a while until Intel releases the firmware fix for the 320 series (and probably a while after that to see if anyone reports problems), a 120GB Intel 320 could be a good choice.
 
Amazon has the M4 for cheap enough with Prime so snagged that. Just looks like I'll have to do a simple firmware update.

Thanks.
 
Back
Top