Cuda Mining Config

bc87_05

n00b
Hello all--

Just had a few quick questions. I've googled this before and sort of have an understanding of what I want to do but just thought I'd get some second opinions on the topic. I have 3 GTX 670s in my system right now. I want to take 1 off the tri sli config and use it specifically for mining.

My questions are:

How do I tell cudaminer to just use my third card?

Will it have an affect on my sli configuration/gaming if I mine on the third 24/7?

Any insight is greatly appreciated. :D

Last edited:
In the cudaminer instruction set there's a variable for d ="device". Third card is most likely -d 2 I run one 780 gaming and run one mining at the same time. I don't know how SLI will effect this. I'm sure it would work.

Last edited:
That was the confirmation I was looking for. I saw that command but wasn't sure how it would work if I just chose the device. When you game or do regular computing while mining it doesn't affect anything? (laggy desktop, etc) ?

Thanks!

For the 3rd card the CUDA index should be 2

GPU 1, GPU 2, GPU 3

The OpenCL index should be 4.

CPU, CPU iGPU, GPU 1, GPU 2, GPU 3

That was the confirmation I was looking for. I saw that command but wasn't sure how it would work if I just chose the device. When you game or do regular computing while mining it doesn't affect anything? (laggy desktop, etc) ?

Thanks!
If you ramp up the heat and difficulty and overclock... I could see how that third card might interfere with gaming.. Also, I believe there's an option to offload some of the SHA-256 work that cudaminer does to the CPU That could cause a stutter or two.

I play New Vegas when I mine... I've been wanting to get to the DLC and Project Brazil- I never did the first time I played it. and it's good for mining... doesn't put much stress on a single 780 or the system as a whole.

IF you're SLI and playing BF4 and trying to mine...I dunno.

Back