Cubitek Mini Tank

huguberhart

Weaksauce
I have visited their site once and it had case outlines featured with differnet sizes. It said that theye are coming soon. Next time I stumbled upon their facebook page and there is a video review of their ITX case.

It looks like it takes a little bit of every other companys ideas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOudpHXCDF4
What do you guys think?

For a mini-ITX case that thing is huge. It is 32L. A Lian-Li V354 (micro-ATX) is 35L. My Lian-Li V351 (micro-ATX) is only 27L.....

Having the mobo that way up instead of on the side panel (like most towers), makes it very hard to reach the mobo connectors once it is installed in the case.

Last edited:
well I am most certainly a fan of the mini power style mini itx cases (hence my previous q07 & now q11).. 1st off yes this thing is BIG for a mITX.. That said to compare it to the v354 & v351 above is kind of a waste.. In both of those cases your MUCH more limited then you are with this one as far as expansion goes. In the v354 you can choose 3.5" bays or long graphics cards, you do not get an abundance of both. The v351 is even more limited. Both are also limited for the CPU cooler (v354 more then the v351) where this little guy is not.

I Cant say I am going to get this the day its available or anything like that, but I wouldn't overlook it either. This is about the 1st mITX case I have seen where you get basically all advantages of an ATX minus the extra expansion slots. No real trade off here other then that & since most people only have a graphics card anymore thats not really a bad thing.

Also of note this thing would be great for a self contained water cooling solution. Pull out the HDD rack & you have a huge amount of space there, Not to mention the extra space above the Mobo..

Interesting. Nice looking case. I'm not sure I'd want it for an ITX gaming build though due to its size but with video cards being so long these days even with ITX its hard not to need a bigger case to house and run them. Now for the ITX HTPC only crowd you can go much smaller on the cases. This one would probably be too big for such use.

I like the mainboard layout. I see some structural problems with larger video cards, but it does show some innovation...and looks well made.

I'd like to see more mini-itx cases come to market.

LC

i like the design, if they removed a drive bay and few hdd bay slots and do some trimmings here and there .. it'd be perfect for me. size just seems to big for an mini itx case.. definitely the size of a matx.

according to what i read from the techpowerup review on XL-Tank the tank series will be available Q1 2011

awfully damned big for mini-ITX... it's bigger than my mATX chassis :S

Back