http://www.cubitek.com/products/ice-series/mini-ice

Mini ICE (US$169.90)

Looks good can fit 340mm video card 6990 no problem :D

unboxing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx233hvtrSA

too can only hold 4 3.25 case like lian li q18

still waiting for my lian li q25 for my mini server build T_T

thinking either this or silverstone ft03 matx for future up grade

SFF is the future !

I've been watching this for a few weeks, still waiting on any sort of release information or who might sell it. I love it besides the whole PSU over the motherboard thing. I know there is only so many places to put it, but it really bothers me that I have to mod it to be able to put a window on.

The case is too wide, what a waste of the space

width of case was to allow a taller heatsink from what i can tell. its hard to say whats better anymore just depends on what your going to do with it

Jen

why oh why is no one making mini-itx systems means to hold 10 or so SSDs? HP's micro-servers seem to be an example of one of the very very few products that's come out thats A) small B) has a chassis built for hot-swappable drive trays.

What a shame we don't have hot swapping oriented chassis!

Interesting. I wonder if you can squeeze a micro ATX motherboard in there and use an SFX PSU? Airflow doesn't look that great though.

why oh why is no one making mini-itx systems means to hold 10 or so SSDs?

... because you're the only person in the world that wants one? :confused:

I personally would have zero use for something as you described.

Then again, other than cookie cutter ATX tower cases, with ITX there are tradeoffs to get the small size and everyone wants something specific. Some want all their drives and liquid cooling and everything, just with a mini ITX motherboard. For them there are cases like the Bitfenix Prodigy. Others want a tiny workstation with no optical drive. They can use an Antec ISK 110. Those wanting a zillion (okay, six) 3.5" drives can go with either of the Fractal Design ITX cases.

Don't worry, if enough want something, the market will provide. Eventually. Maybe.

Why is the price so high? I rather get a bitfenix and spend the money else where in part

Why is the price so high? I rather get a bitfenix and spend the money else where in part

cause it looks to actually be a quality build - all aluminum isn't cheap. Bitfenix is steel and plastic - a cheap throw away case.

I quite like the look of the Mini Cube. Any idea on how to get hands on one? I tried their site, but couldn't find a distributor list. The 'where-to-buy' page on their site didn't work for me :/

Try idealo.de to find German distributors as I think it's only sold in Germany atm.
However, it's sold out at the moment so best to wait and ask one of the shops if they ship to your place.

Got a reply back from my email to cubitek, the Mini Cube will be available in USA end of feb or beginning of march.

Are you saying the case is 28 liters? Doesn't really seem as small as it first appeared from Linus' youtube video.

Thats because you are both talking about different cases. The tread title doesn't match the case depicted in the OP so, yeah.

Cubitek Mini ICE (OP Picture and Links) = 28L
Cubitek Mini Cube (OP title and Linus Vid) = 19L

It would seem that in posting the wrong title, the OP named the case before Cubitek did. :D

Ah ok lmao, never really even looked at the main pic but now it ALL makes sense.

Need to hit up OP about some future stock options lol.

Probably my next case

Since the time that I looks for one,

I hope that he it not going to delay has to go out in Europe

It's a completely different case and layout. A lot more to the Cubitek than the DIYPC.

I know it's completely different, but they're similar size aluminum cases and there is a considerable price difference. I was just wondering what the major advantage of the cubitek is

There is a lot more aluminum in the Cubitek which is probably a large amount of the cost. Also i can't speak for the quality of the DIY but the cubitek is pretty awesome. A lot better than I thought it was going to be.

I'm just looking for a new case for my htpc right now. This one would mean a new board, as the current case is Micro ATX. For the money, I might go to a Silverstone SG03, as I had one last year and hate myself for selling it. That thing was tiny.

Just weighing my options. I absolutely hate the case it's currently in (Antec Minuet 350)

Sg03 is a good case, I think it's styling is a little out of date. But at least you wouldnt have to get a new board for ITX. I'd just bite on another SG03 imo.

Haha. I had a silver SG03 on sale here w/ a blowhole up top and an overkill grill from MNPCTech, but took it down 'cause I just can't let it go. The SG03 is still an awesome case. Very small for a mATX case.

angleclose.jpg

angletop.jpg

Haha. I had a silver SG03 on sale here w/ a blowhole up top and an overkill grill from MNPCTech, but took it down 'cause I just can't let it go. The SG03 is still an awesome case. Very small for a mATX case.

angleclose.jpg

angletop.jpg

Oh man, I sold my black SG03 back in December, and I hate myself for it. I adored that case... can't find them anywhere now at a reasonable price, either. Especially since I'd want to upgrade to the SG04, which is like $140.

It is super tiny, and super light. Awesome case.

I had a 120mm fan cut into the top of mine. I also cut out the motherboard tray for access to the back of the motherboard (heatsink). That grill is awesome. I just had a standard grill.

Back