CTRL-ALT-DEL as desktop icon on Win98

NoXPert

Limp Gawd
As the title states, is there any way to have a desktop icon that performs this function (CTRL-ALT-DEL)? I really just need it for one computer I connect to via RealVNC.
TIA - NoXPert

Not sure which one you mean the host to be... but I would be sitting at an XP Pro terminal and connecting to a Win98 terminal via RealVNC. VNC doesn't accept ctrl-alt-del as a sendthrough key command, so if I could put it as a desktop icon on the Win98 machine, I could then be able to access that feature.

right-click on taskbar and choose task manager in XP to get the same result. Don't know about making an icon though.

I know CTRL+ALT+HOME works for terminal services as ALT+CTRL+DELETE.. not sure about VNC tho.

with TightVNC you can just right click on its icon in the taskbar and select "Send ctrl alt deleate" and it send it to that computer. Donno about RealVNC though.

TightVNC. Whodathunkit. Thanks for that, maybe I'll giver her a try! Maybe since it is in TightVNC, I could dig through RealVNC and see if a similar function exists. It is entirely possible that when I set it up, I said, "WTH is that for?" and unchecked the box or something. That will give me something to do....

Back