CSS Demo feedback

lomn75

Purple Ace
I'm generally unsatisfied with documentation for what makes the various CSS selectors tick. There are a couple good references out there for what a given selector does (http://css.maxdesign.com.au/selectutorial/ is one such reference) but they tend to lack a page of "Here's where this rule does and does not apply."

Consequently, I'm slapping one together myself -- a page with a bunch of CSS rules and several examples with varying markup to illustrate when rule A takes effect and when it doesn't apply. I'd appreciate people giving it a look-see and some feedback (sucks completely, needs more text, might be handy, STFU n00b, whatever).

http://stephen.rochelle.name/devel/css/selectors.html

Note: It's not my goal to replace the above, but rather to complement it. I'm probably too lazy to do more than that.
Also, IE users are welcome to check -- I've made sure it works for you.

wow, sweet action, i've used your site before this post and found it very helpful. No real comments as to how to improve your site, sorry.

i cant provide any real imput other than it looks nice. i do have a question tho, at the top u have "Selectorial css selectors," how did u make that font? did u use photoshop, or did u dl them from somewhere. im new to css/web design, but cant seem to find any that looks decent. i tried making them in photoshop, but they never come out lookin good enough (newb when it comes to PS as well)

didnt mean to hijack ur thread. the pages look gr8 tho

ne0-reloaded said:
i do have a question tho, at the top u have "Selectorial css selectors," how did u make that font? did u use photoshop, or did u dl them from somewhere.
That site's not mine, just tossed in for comparison purposes (and as a useful reference).

I'd run it through WhatTheFont or other services (you can find them listed in Digital Artwerk, search "WhatTheFont" and you should find them) to see if it's an existing font.

Keep up the good work lomn75! We can never have enough good CSS tools. The maxdesign site you mentioned is a good one. I learned a lot from there.

Back