CS_Militia Released

erebus1

Limp Gawd
welp i was just gonna fire up some css and noticed it was updating, i checked out the news to see what the update was and its the new cs militia... err old remake militia i mean, i didnt think it was gonna be out this early.

bout to check it out in a few mins.

I liked it quite a bit. There are a lot of new hiding spots, and old ones that are a little different. Takes some getting used to, but i like the new style. Definately looks like a place hostages would be, out in the backwoods place in a house under construction. Really good job, but i've been playing so much DOA4 and Battlefield 2 now that i suck at cs lol. I was getting rocked pretty hard by good players.

I've been wanting to reinstall HL for a couple of days now, guess this makes me want to more...

Can't find the first disc though. :( :mad: Has to be around here somehwere though.

just played it... looks damn nice, def best looking map so far, its enough like the old one you still know where you are but there def is alot more too look at and def more hiding spots.

awpers will love this map.

Nuzzles said:
I've been wanting to reinstall HL for a couple of days now, guess this makes me want to more...

Can't find the first disc though. :( :mad: Has to be around here somehwere though.

I'm pretty sure you can just DL HL2 from steam.

Gnu314 said:
Yep, I lost my CDs, but I still had the key, so I just downloaded Steam and got all the games from there.

Gnu314 said:

Hell no man. I only recently upgraded to a 256kps (30kbps) connection. No way am I downloading that much. :D

Someone post pics! Militia was my favorite CS map, I just wish my computer wasn't dead! I can't play anymore CS:S for months!

I cant believe how small it is, Militia was a Sniper-whore map in 1.6. The HDR is purty, I just wish my 68GT would give me good frames @ 16x12 on DX 9.

I'll have to check this out later. I loved the old version, and from the one screenshot I saw of it, this looks like it'll be about the best looking map if nothing else.

erebus1 said:
welp i was just gonna fire up some css and noticed it was updating, i checked out the news to see what the update was and its the new cs militia... err old remake militia i mean, i didnt think it was gonna be out this early.

bout to check it out in a few mins.

Woot fav. map from cs 1.6...chea...just started steam the nano-second i saw this post....quick reflexes...why you think i own in CSS?

Nuzzles said:

You can download steam and login and download CSS and HL2 off steam, will tkaea bit longer but it might be worth it.

I too think its the best map for source...and I love the way they put those big ass things in front of the house so the T's cant just snipe from the roof...

Very well done.

Nevermind abotu that silly downloading it stuff. Found disc one in the cupboard. Woot. Updating everything now.

I haven't played hostage maps since I turned competitive, but glad to see Valve is still working on Source and haven't given up on it.

yay another CS_ map for this game...and I LIKE IT. Seems there's more ways to get into the house and you can be a bit more sneaky about it. One thing I miss tho, is the abilitiy to turn off the lights back in the sewers...the memories of that XD;

If they can keep this up, CS-S might have a chance at CPL...

Piiiiiics!

Oh, and can you still get up on that rock ledge? That was just about the most spectacular camping spot ever, as long as you didn't use it round after round.

Wow, this is also many other's favorite map...I have dial up, so...the update begins...

militia is pretty good, still pretty hard for ct's if you ask me, but fun.

nuke is the best map in counterstrike history. that is all

the new militia is a GOOD MAP, but its not the same old militia we loved. Thats due mostly to the lack of canyons in the backround i think. Now its all foresty and farmish.

HOLY SHIt.ALl i gotta say it dam what a LAGGY PECIE OF SHIT. Only place on the map where i get good frames is in the sewers. lol. O well....Guess i'll just play the other maps.

Holy smokes...... Best looking map in the whole game... WOW!!!!! I love the grass/flowers from the side of the house! hehe..

wish i could say the same. But my frames are seriously like 3....bad map making. They should have tested it on lower ended machines...

yet another vote for bad performance....I cannot rate it because have no real framerate....I can play DOD:S and other CS;S maps fine....not this one though, does not seem very optimized....

optimized? You do realize that this map is awfully close to the 3DMark Nature demo...which translates to utter GPU rapeage.

I'd say on a given map I can average a healthy 70-90FPS. Not militia. I get down to low 40's in some areas (wow!).

yah..time for a upgrade... for one map? no thanks. every other map is smooth as silk. This one is just horid

Map looks great - but totally unplayable. I'm not lowering y resolution/settings every time i want to play just this map. oh well. ill stick to the office :)

revs said:
Map looks great - but totally unplayable. I'm not lowering y resolution/settings every time i want to play just this map. oh well. ill stick to the office :)

What spec is your system? It runs fine on mine and its not exactly cutting edge anymore?

1280x768 with 4x AA

Yeah, for all the guys posting that the frames are low on this map, can you post your specs? I checked it out last night and it ran well on my system at 1280x1024, 16xAF, no AA, HDR off.

[email protected]
6800nu
1GB RAM

HDR is pretty...but it makes it harder to see the other players ;)

Back