CS:Source Own Model: Hitbox Lag

intake

Gawd
Does anyone feel like their movement inside of CS:S is a little jerky when moving ingame? 100/100 cl_update/cmdrate rate 9999. max_fps 85. I know it's broad and I haven't troubleshot it at all... but! :) With all the source speculation I would think someone might know something.

I know exactly what you mean. Although lately I have had a 10% packet loss in every game at all times of the day, the gameplay problem has been happening to me since I've had source. I have a feeling that updaterate and cmdrates are capped at default values, because when you change them it says something about it equaling 40 and 30, respectively. I don't know what is going on, but hopefully now that HL2 is out someone will publish some tweak guides that have some answers.

My biggest gripe about this game is the hunched over models and how they kind of glide when they run. It makes everything look so incredibly stupid that I stopped playing...

I played around with all the rate settings and it only got worse and worse for me. I had to reinstall and just leave it at default for the game to even be playable. I tried all the rates i use in cs to no avail :(

the hitboxes have been screwed since they first released it. its nothing new :(

UT-Jackal said:
Will there be an acctual CS2? or is there only going to be a source?

from what i have heard, CS:2 is a long way off... dont quote me though.

Back