• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CS: S won't connect to a server

Ba_Larry19

n00b
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Messages
60
I just downloaded the update for CS: S yesterday and everytime I try to connect to a game it says that I can't make a connection.
 
when you look for games, make sure they say "source" after them, otherwise you wont be able to connect.
 
yeah how can we get ride of that?, and why is even Counter Strike severs in Counter Strike Source anyway?
 
I'm getting a similar problem. I select a server to connect to, and it loads 2 bars in the progress meter and never makes the connection. It then returns an error message saying something along the lines of "no response after 4 retries" or something. Doesn't happen to all servers, but a bunch of them. And no, none of them are CS 1.6 servers. All CS:S.

That is, when CS:S isn't crashing randomly on me. :rolleyes:
 
I got an e-mail from a tech person at the helpdesk, and they told me there is a problem and it is currently in the process of having a fix made for it.

Basically, I was told to wait a week or two for the update.
 
What is the nature of the problem? Did they tell you anything specific? Can you post the email?
 
Same thing here, I kept trying and it eventually lets me in.

(Ditto on the random crash outs too)
 
I thought there was aproblem with my wireless again.... I guess everyone is having same troouble. So much for High Quality Valve updates :p
 
I have the same problem too. Some connect, some will not. Usually for me, if it doesn't connect almost instantly and stays at two bars, it will not connect at all.
 
BarneyGumble said:
I have the same problem too. Some connect, some will not. Usually for me, if it doesn't connect almost instantly and stays at two bars, it will not connect at all.
Yea, here's another weird thing that is happening to me, When I login it says Game updating on Source and HL2. 96% on Source and 99% on HL2, the games however have already been updated.... I tried leving it updating just to get rid of it but 4 hrs later it is still at smae percent, it does show dloading speed though at 300k?
 
What is the nature of the problem? Did they tell you anything specific? Can you post the email?

I will do it this afternoon. My personal e-mail is blocked from work. Along with a million other non-offense, fun websites. The forums used to be blocked from work too about 9 months ago. I have no idea why it was okay all of a sudden.
 
Back
Top