CS:S Pub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICKSTAR

2[H]4U
Alright, I got back into CS:S recently and I dont have time to do leagues like I use to do. So I started pubbing since its flexible and I dont have to be committed to 45mins - 1 hour of constant gameplay like with a scrim or match.

So instead of server hopping. I ordered a server and if I get enough people interested here I'll make it a [H]ard Gaming Server.

• As far as game settings and such.. I prefer just 2:30 mins and limited AWP and Auto (1-2 per team max) or no awp\auto at all.
    Just because if you dont limit them it seems like it becomes a huge awpfest and takes all fun out of pubbing.
  • Normal Rotation maps, such as d2,inferno, contra, nuke, mill, train, etc etc.
  • Ill use SourceMod and ill allow [H]ard members admin and such. Of course,
    this can be taken away if excessive abuse occurs.
UPDATE:

Server is up and running. THIS IS NOT A [H] branded server, but will give [H] members admin. (of course keeping it will depend on your maturity )

add me on steam and let me know who you are

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nicknations

Last edited:
24 users. No Awp an Chicago for sure :) And count me in when its up! Its hard to find a good server that rotates all the maps.

I like the 16 map, limited rotation (sounds basically like competitive maps?), and short round setup as well. You can play with limiting snipers if you like, but I've never found it to be an issue on servers that enforce/encourage team play and have normal start money.

I prefer Dallas servers, but it depends on the hosting company you go with. Most of them overload their boxes and I'm not sure who's reputable anymore. Last time I looked (several years ago) NFO was terrible unless you got one of the expensive match servers. I'd much rather have a higher ping with better server reg than a 5 ping server with no reg :p.

I'm currently located in NJ and prefer deathmatch servers with spawn protection. Considering the servers that are already around, the question you should ask yourself is what makes this server stand out from the others?

I've been in a few leagues for 1.6 and more recently CS:S for ESEA so I don't know all the major server rental companies outside of Divo and NFO so give us a few test IPs and we can round around them for the time being.

As it stands right now were trying to populate our BF:BC2 server. Once that is going nicely we plan to get CSS servers.

As it stands now and will in the future. We wont take donations in the form of servers unless its from a company that is sponsoring the community. Managements official stance is that you can't make an official Hard Gaming server on any hardware you personally rent or own. If you donated money to Hard Gaming so that the Management can buy a server, thats a different story entirely.

Otherwise people can put some Hard Gaming servers up fill them up with traffic, and then change the name. Its actually known to happen quite a bit, I have seen multiple cases in the past where users go "Oh I want to help the community, let me put up a server...1 month later...server name change"

If you want to help out in the form of a server then just donate to the cause in the form of currency.

So unless you have intentions of giving the Hard Gaming Management Full control over it all then we have to decline your offer.

I hope you understand.

As it stands right now were trying to populate our BF:BC2 server. Once that is going nicely we plan to get CSS servers.

As it stands now and will in the future. We wont take donations in the form of servers unless its from a company that is sponsoring the community. Managements official stance is that you can't make an official Hard Gaming server on any hardware you personally rent or own. If you donated money to Hard Gaming so that the Management can buy a server, thats a different story entirely.

Otherwise people can put some Hard Gaming servers up fill them up with traffic, and then change the name. Its actually known to happen quite a bit, I have seen multiple cases in the past where users go "Oh I want to help the community, let me put up a server...1 month later...server name change"

If you want to help out in the form of a server then just donate to the cause in the form of currency.

So unless you have intentions of giving the Hard Gaming Management Full control over it all then we have to decline your offer.

I hope you understand.

gotcha.

well to everyone else. I DO have a server up and running and even if its not Hard gaming branded, I will still offer admin to Hard Members, so shoot me a pm. thx

24 slot, DE rotations, 2:00 rounds, standard C4 timer. None of that wire cutting shit and 8 min+ rounds. For those who cry about the AWP just keep it. If they can't figure out how to use smokes and flashes to get around some one using an AWP that's their problem. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back