cs:s problem already

1-untitled3-new.jpg

I bet Gabe's loving this... a whole first page of CS:S errors.

You would think the mass of cybercafes out there running it for the last week would have some insight on getting it to run....or at least a error faq from valve. Im on a high end system and my wifes on a medium system and we both get the same shit.

Filter said:
well it is beta.

jebus how many times am i gonna read that tonight. Thanks for the comment :rolleyes: but it seems as if +50% of people out there and 100% of the people I personally know cant get it to run. Seems like 0% inhouse testing was done before releasing it into the wild.

Filter said:
well it is beta.

Beta or not... they still had TONS of time to fix everything after all of the "delays". You would have thought they would have caught an error like this already... seeing as it is so widespread.

I am laughing so hard right now... and I never laugh at stuff like this. Wow

The v2 beta worked fine, why? Because its wasn't on Steam. The beta is no excuse, Steam is poorly coded and unstable and EVERYONE knows it, whether you admit it or not.

Another peeve.. I hate steams forum signup. I signed up, confirmed the activation email. Now, I'm on the moderation queue for new members. So I can't even post there.

From the Steam:
heyheyhey
Hey guess what? I pirated the v2 BETA and it was fine. Its the STEAMing pile of **** that needs to be fixed before you put a new ****ing game on it, ****tards.

Bwahahaha.. I found another hilarious post.

CS:S Suggestions:
1) Leave recoil / accuracy and scopes alone. They rock
2) Fix the minor issues with beta, like the fact that it randomly eats up memory and crashes.

I would say that the tons of people not even able to get a menu constitues more than a minor issue.

heyheyhey said:
The v2 beta worked fine, why? Because its wasn't on Steam. The beta is no excuse, Steam is poorly coded and unstable and EVERYONE knows it, whether you admit it or not.

Agreed... just pisses people off.

Steam forums are down, now let's all point and laugh while Gabe takes it in the ass!

HAHAHAHAHHA... oh.... I'm the only one laughing....

EDIT - Too above... there is a trick to getting CZ for free....

i know hey, I even found out how howver Ive spent more time playing CS than anyother game, it was worth the 30 and i kinda like CZ

HillBilly said:
jebus how many times am i gonna read that tonight. Thanks for the comment :rolleyes: but it seems as if +50% of people out there and 100% of the people I personally know cant get it to run. Seems like 0% inhouse testing was done before releasing it into the wild.

and theres thousands of different computer combinations out there too.

and this is the testing phase hence beta.

I encountered the anti aliasing bug but i disabled refresh force and now mine works fine. Wow this is awesome, the physics are simply amazing in this game. I have not been able to connect to any actual servers yet execpty my own, but wow a huge improvment. Oh one heads up, i couldnt open the console without adding -console to the command line.

add -window to your run line and you can see the error, my crash to desktop problem is the anti-alising problem

hmm works fine for me :D

but ya i heard of a memory problem, im just lucky enough to not be experiencing it.

OK....... my system was going back to the desktop right after the backround would show. I was reading at the steam forum to put -window under the advanced properties for CS:Source. Once I did that I would get the memory error. Very interesting for you guys not getting an error like me.....

I am now trying this:
1. Delete local content for CS:Source
2. Log out of steam and delete all folders related to CS:Source and the preload files
3. Redownloading all content
4. Crossing fingers
5. Said a prayer

You are all n00bs.

There's nothing wrong with Steam it works perfect for everybody

</sarcasm>

we are all in the same boat add the -window cmd and tweak away. Ive tried numerous ati control panel settings and disabling my firewall, loggin in/out restarting NOTHING

how do i create a server, i d/led the dedicated server and set it up but i cant get it to start ( i would imagine I could be a spectator) how?

/laugh @ all of you

*continues playing smoothly like the week before*

well im working with a friend whose isnt working and our base source shared files are different sizes, hes moving that file and re getting it as we speak, ill keep yall posted.

just got done playin for about an hours worth ...lot better looken and what not then regular cs ..I thought maybe with better graphics I wouldnt suck as bad as I remembered last time I played tho ......darn

ok ive install every single update there is and when i try to connect into a game(any server) it saids ERROR, SERVER VERICATION thing..can someone help me?

Go to the steam forums and have all your questions answered.

Cliffs from Steam site

HUGE thread dealing with bugs.
Antialiasing is a big one.
Try playing in a window.

Geez.. here was my fix.

Open CS 1.6
Alt-Tab
Open CS S
Leave CS 1.6 running

Now the Find Servers button doesn't work, but at least I can use the console to connect

THE SP2 FIREWALL
was popping up in the background every time i ran css and i couldn't see it to click allow traffic.
i finally disabled it.
no sweat

jgoewert said:
Geez.. here was my fix.

Open CS 1.6
Alt-Tab
Open CS S
Leave CS 1.6 running

Now the Find Servers button doesn't work, but at least I can use the console to connect

i did that and the same thing happened to me

oh crap, now look whats happened, all of a sudden my original counter-strike cd key doesnt work on steam,WTF?!?! it saids passed already in use or something like that, now what do i do?

I put up a server last night but it crashed overnight. I need to get something running that will restart it when it crashes.

well...........

looks like i dont get to play cs:s cause i didn't buy cz or hl2 preorder, and you guys dont get to play it cause of the bugs. makes me feel better.

Wow, the game went from working yesterday to not working today.

"Engine Error: Invalid property: DT_BaseAnimating/m_flPoseParameter (array of datatables)."

Impressive.

eloj said:
Wow, the game went from working yesterday to not working today.

"Engine Error: Invalid property: DT_BaseAnimating/m_flPoseParameter (array of datatables)."

Impressive.

Delete the "modelsounds.cache" in <YourAccount>\CS:S Beta\cstrike\
It'll let you start CS:S, but all you can do is make a server of your own or run the speed test.

Thanks, that worked. Now I could actually run the benchmark which is an improvement over last night (when it wouldn't run).

~38fps at 1280x1024 ... very nice. Let's just hope the "AI" and sound doesn't eat into that too much in HL2.

eloj said:
Thanks, that worked. Now I could actually run the benchmark which is an improvement over last night (when it wouldn't run).

~38fps at 1280x1024 ... very nice. Let's just hope the "AI" and sound doesn't eat into that too much in HL2.

Tehe.. I have to brag a little here... with everything (AA and AF included) all the way up I got 75 :p

Back