• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CS:S freezing

UnMinded

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,321
As the title says evey time i got and try to play the new map de_port soruce freezes. Now this pisses me off considering i really wanna play the new map. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? My specs are listed below

p4 2.4, 80GB Seagate HD ,and old fx5200 vid card.and 768 RAM. If you need anything else just ask..
 
its an interesting question. Not to threadjack (this might be related) but I feel like de_port is not as optimized in terms of rendering as the other maps. With an a64 3200+, a gig of ram, and a 6800GT oced past ultra, I shouldn't be seeing framerate slowdowns like I've been seeing at some points on the map. I don't claim to have any real knowledge about how the engine does things..... but I feel like they've got some geometry or something that is sucking up major gpu cycles even when its completely occluded.

As for your question, are you running nvidia's latest? Also, there's always a chance somehow your new download of de-port is corrupt, but I doubt it. Seems like that stuff is all version checked/checksummed when you join a server. Does it happen if you try to host a local server on de_port?
 
From what I've been hearing, you aren't the only one. de_port has frozen on me once already after about 30 minutes of play. I think Valve needs to fix this one.
 
Ok well thanks for all the things you have brought up. Now at least i know that my PC hasent turned crap on me. I will check up on some of things you have mentioned such as the vid drivers. Again thanks
 
Back
Top