CS - I love me my famas!

truffle00

2[H]4U
Since my Steam account finally decided to start working again a couple days ago, I've been playing CS a bunch. One thing I remembered was this one guy I had played with a couple months back...he would use the famas, and just obliterate the other team with the three-shot burst to the head. So I decided to use it as well, and have been having blast! It's such a fun, quick weapon to use, and cheap too. Headshots galore...it's beautiful, even at a distance.

While doing this, I began to think about the gun and how others view it. Among skilled players, is it considered a legitimate gun to use or is it cheap, newbie gun? Because it does make getting headshots a lot easier with the burst, but it relatively weak otherwise. Consensus anyone?

i have never used it unless i was low/out of ammo on my M4/bullpup/schmidt auto pistol thingy and i dont think its a cheap gun, i have never noticed it getting more headshots than i have with the schmidt autopistol :D

it gets my thumbs up as a legit weapon

Havent used the famas in CS:S, but I remember it in the original. Wasnt that great of a weapon in the original, but then again the scout seems a lot better in CS:S so maybe I should give the famas another shot :)

I never use the famas. If I am CT it's either an m4 combo or a deagle combo. That's what I can use. In CS, however, the weapon choices are very personal. Whatever you can use best, you use. With the Famas, you need 4-5 good hits to kill unless you are a beast with the HS. It does have a high rate of fire for close combat, but you need to good, on-target bursts to take someone down at a range (discounting HS' of course).

id say that it is a legit weapon, but i dont really like it all that much. it doesnt pack the punch that the m4 does, so it is hard to use after you have been shoring up the m4. just my thoughts...

its a fine gun when you can't afford to buy colt. i'm not that big a fan but i'll use it when i have to. i don't like the burst, because i fire in burst myself most of the time

Neat. I should point out that I am playing 1.6 and not Source, so I am referring to that version. Also, the three shot burst maintains an extremely close grouping, even at range...probably better than a lot of people could do with a colt even. Also, since it seems to increase your chances of hitting, even though it is weak the shots are enough to throw off your opponent's aim during a firefight which helps protect you a bit.

Among competitive players, the famas is generally frowned upon except after a pistol win, when you expect your opponents to be saving. This is because it's much weaker than an m4 or ak. A lot of good teams will actually buy m4 second round after a pistol win and just play without head armor. The galil is actually much better for the money, since it sprays pretty accurately, but all in all neither of these guns is really that good, and are used only after pistol round wins, or in must-win situations when you don't have the money for an m4 or ak.

Althought the famas is not embraced by the cal-i guys, the three shot burst is ridiculously accurate. If you can consistently hit heads, the famas is for you.

Anyone else here think the M4 is overused in CS by the CTs? I would say so, even though it is a fairly good weapon. It should bemade a little more expensive as far as I am concerned and the bullpulp should be brought down a step.

i must suck, even though i like the famas i dont think is that accurate at long distances. up close it is butter, though.

I like the Mp5 a lot, nice small weapon with good punch. Not good against sniping crackheads though :D

the famas is a crappy weapon..until you hit it on 3 round burst. i've seen it dominant once it gets on 3 round. its oddly accurate and deadly, and you dont spray. really nice. no chance of extra bullets flying out. i still can't stand how it looks though. :>

the colt is a really nice firearm, its the standard. its like saying the ak is used too much. they are the 'standard' rifle. the bullpup has the zoomish feature- which is nice, but doens't need to be made cheaper.

the only thing they need to do is hit up weapon customization. mmmm mmm ravenshield.

minc3d said:
Anyone else here think the M4 is overused in CS by the CTs? I would say so, even though it is a fairly good weapon. It should bemade a little more expensive as far as I am concerned and the bullpulp should be brought down a step.

i almost never use the M4 actually, i would much rather use the bullpup or just a TMP or DE

AK47 > *

Well, that's the only weapon I'm good with. I found the new M4 is very toned down (in the old CS it was a god weapon lol). Haven't tried FAMAS yet, will do :)

the bulpup is actually stronger then the colt I think, at least it penetrates walls better. The price of the bullpup and colt should both be raised, to encourage use of the other weapons in the game. I mean really, how often is a UMP used?
as far as the famas goes, I have noticed easy headshots on burst, its quite effective sometimes. but at close range, it always loses.

famas+AzN_plyR=HEADSHOTS!! heheheeheh yeah it's a great gun in burst fire mode... a grip of headshots and it's so accurate..

Produ UMP user right here! I would like a bump in starting money, maybe to $1000.

The only weapon I've seen that really pisses people off is the Magnum Sniper Rifle (I believe that is the name). That thing is brutal.

I don't see why, though...if you miss your first shot, you're dead. You have to manually reload (It isn't autofire like the other rifles).

What is the auto sniper? I dont know what this thing is? Is it the sniper that doesnt need a reload after every shot?

minc3d said:
What is the auto sniper? I dont know what this thing is? Is it the sniper that doesnt need a reload after every shot?

Yeah...It has recoil like a mofo though...

I play on servers that ban awps and auto snipers...too much camping once everyone has one IMO.

As for the famas, I totally kick serious @$$ with that thing on 3-round burst. I sometimes think to myself if it's really possible to be getting all the headshots I get, but with the bad netcode, it's no surprise.

I find myself using the colt and ak the most. Followed by the terrorist equivalent to an aug in 1.6. The aug was totally KILLED in 1.6 because of the incredible recoil you would get, even while scoping and using 1 shot bursts in intervals of .5 seconds. In 1.5, the aug was a really good weapon to use, it was an M4 with a scope. In 1.6 the Sig is better, and in CS:S, I'm not really sure if the aug was made better or kept the same. Can't really tell because sometimes I'd shoot behind a player and still hit the guy, not to mention the rediculously easy headshots. Until those problems are fixed, I can't make a final judgment.

Back