CS:Beta taking folks again.

In

Thanks heelix!!! I've been wanting to see what all the fuss was about.

nice, I don't play CS much anymore but I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and check it out.

YES!!!! Got it this time.

See the other post about the Beta for screens I posted.

I played for an hour earlier tonight.

Meh, wasted an hour that would have been better spent playing Starcraft 2 or Red Dead Revolver. :)

Its the same game with TF2 style achievements, stat tracking, killcam, etc, and nothing else to write home about. Better visual effects (bloom, etc) don't really register as improvements because the map and player geometry are the same as they've always been, big and blocky.

Anyway, the big takeaway from tonight is I'd forgotten how OLD CS:S is. I love Valve more than any other PC game developer, but I'd rather play TF2 or L4D2 if I'm going to play one of their games. On the plus side it shows how much they've improved in terms of creating awesome multiplayer games. :)

On the plus side it shows how much they've improved in terms of creating awesome multiplayer games. :)

Do the developers of the original counterstrike mod even work for valve now? I thought it started with the mod being sold for publisher rights (to Sierra) to make brick and mortar sales of a standalone game possible, and it was then later ported to source as a free mod to HL2. I know valve didn't originally develop/make counterstrike, but I guess it wouldn't surprise me if the mod developers got hired on similar to the Portal team.

the players seem to move around faster than in regular css. idk, maybe its just me though.

talking about the age of css, it stills pulls a very decent crowd :)

Back