Crytek In Financial Trouble?

Crysis 2 had horrible looking console textures. It was a huge downgrade from the first Crysis. Crysis Warhead was the last Crytek game I bought. Never had an interest in them after that.

Ryse was an Xbone One exclusive.

So how's that console first policy looking now, Crytek?

It was expected to be a launch title. It doesn't surprise me one bit that the game was less-than-perfect.

They turned their backs on PC gaming to seemingly greener pastures with console gaming and Crysis 2/3 being dumbed down and that obviously didn't pan out. They tried to go into the F2P fad with WarFace and that game was a flop. They are just sell-outs desperately looking to make a quick buck and that is what got them into their position. No integrity. Shame.

My thoughts exactly.

I am not sure I understand why this would have a huge impact on Star Citizen. Yes, engine support would be non-existent, but I imagine that they now have enough experience with it to at least produce a working game regardless if Crytek is still around.

The only game series I know that is coming even remotely close to those kinds of physics is Battlefield (Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 4). You can blast through the wall to kill your enemy and leave less cover for the next one to pop up, or you can simply bring the whole building down on their head. Craters from bombs make foxholes and difficult terrain to drive through if you are trying to aim a tank turret. It does have its limits and is obviously not close to the scope of physics and destruction that you are implying, but at least one developer has touched upon it.

Dude you f'ed up. Praising Dice or EA on this forum. Baaaaddddd news me boy.

Crytek on the other hand is a story of mismanagement. Not long ago they were talking about only creating f2p games, then abandoned that for an xbox one flop of a tech demo. They moved further and further from the one loyal userbase and made their tools less "user friendly" as others have said.

Completely reactive and missing the boat every time. If I were a board member, the management team would have seen the door long ago - but I'm fairly certain the board is made up of people completely disconnected from the industry who are easily sold on the reactive style of the management team as they show the profits from the proactive companies...

I hope this is not true because their newer engine was one of the only new third party engines to support mantle. Frostbite is tied to EA, and while that is a lot of games, what about third party titles?

Nitrous Oxide will have mantle, but that is a different style of game focus. And UE4 looks like it's so far stuck up nvidias @ss with gameworks, they would not touch mantle with a ten foot pole.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/85...-cancels-projects-amid-financial-difficulties

Projects getting cancelled.

Sounds to me like upper management wasn't up for the job of scaling this company properly to a sound business plan. This is the problem when small firms hit it big, their leaders often get egotistical and don't recognize when they should either step aside or at the very least bring in consultants/advisors.

At the beginning they had a similar business plan to that of Epic. Make a good kickass engine with a few marquee titles released to show it off. Somewhere, they fell off the rails.

Projects getting cancelled.

Even worse, payroll not being met. The link you provided mentioned the loss of key employees and it's guaranteed that you're going to loose your best people quickly if you can't pay them. I know there's a lot of dislike towards Crytek and they've made their mistakes but I loved all of the games in the Crysis series. Would hate to see that franchise go away.

Back