Crytek Cryengine2 GDC 07 Demo-What hardware

Care and know are 2 different things. If the settings to make a game look better were fairly accessible (easy to understand) to the average gamer, they'd care. No one likes jaggies or their eyes to hurt.

Well, correct, but what I was trying to point out is that tons of people still play new games at 1024x768, and that's not a bad resolution to them - with AA turned on, there aren't jaggies either. And I'm talking about people who understand the concept of resolution.

Smartasses are everywhere nowadays... the best thing to do is insert them in your personal shitlist and care no longer. Internet is so full of them everywhere, you are bound to face one.

I am hoping one 8800GTX will be enought, but I doubt it would suffice for 1680x1050 at high. Oblivision runs at 30fps with HDR on, 16xAA and 16xAF ... and this is an old game.

I recon a SLI setup might be needed to make the most out of it, as well as Vista 64bit... but hell, nobody will want to dash out 200$ for a 64bit version if drivers aren't fixed. I hear Vista 64bit is a nightmare right now.

Check out http://www.crysis-online.com/
There are a couple of reports of the game running @ 1920x1200 on a single 8800gtx and an X6800 with 20-25fps and some occasional stutters. This gives me some hope that by the time Crysis comes out, you won't need to sell some organs to get a pc that runs it. Crysis is going to be more and more optimized in the coming months so expect those fps numbers to jump. Also, if the rumored intel price cuts are true, you will be able to get a Core 2 Quad 6600 for $266 by the time the game comes out as well which I would think would be enough. And hopefully R600 does good so we can get a decent price war and we can get some cheaper cards.

Back