Crysis: Your ATI setup, how is it running?

skadebo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
1,126
Hey guys, just thought I'd get the ball rolling with a consolidated thread showing how your various ATI configurations/systems are running Crysis to provide an overview of performance to other users.

I haven't done a specific benchmark run with framerates et al. ( and you don't have to, either) but just an overall estimate of what you can expect to do.

Core 2 Duo E6300 @ Stock clocks
2GB OCZ Reaper 6400
X800XL AGP @ 555/545 compared to 400/490 stock clocks 7.x drivers
ASRock 775Dual VSTA

I was able to run this config at 1024x768 with all settings on Medium. Gameplay was smooth and I didn't feel like it was getting choppy or unplayable anywhere. Overall, the game runs, but it's not really how it's meant to be played as I didn't really feel like I was playing a next gen game. The foliage and textures detracted from the experience. I haven't tested further by upping the settings and seeing what can be optimized/raised without sacrificing the gaming experience.

Post away!
 
Well after messing around with all the resolutions I found one setup that I am happy with until my new AMD Spider rig is purchased a few weeks from now.

My current rig.

AMD 4000+ Single Core @ 2.6GHz
ATi X1900XTX
2GB DDR 533 memory.
Dell 2405 24" LCD Monitor

I can either play at 1920x1200 w/ NO AA, 16AF and all settings set to medium with playable frames but big scenes and fire fights sometimes go over that line.

or

I have been playing at 1440x by something or rather (I forget) w/ NO AA, 16AF and all settings set to HIGH with all shadows set to medium. This get me playable frames with little slow down.
 
E6400 3.4ghz
2gb 800mhz ram
Ati x1900gt rev 2
hp w2007
1680x1050 no aa, all settings on medium, average 25fps, pretty playable. It helped alot when I turned off xfire for some reason.
 
E6300 @ Stock
2GB OCZ Gold 800Mhz
X1300Pro :p
Dell 207WFP 20" Monitor

1200x800, Low settings, a few things at medium gives me a very playable 22-25 FPS.

Waiting for a video card upgrade...
 
q6600 go @3.0
x1900xtx
2x2gig gskill
Westy 42'

1280x1024 20fps... text-high/object-med/shadow-high/physics-high/shaders-high/volumetric-med/effects-med/postproc-high/particles-med/water-high/sound-med

I've sampled several different scenarios with the settings and these were the best I could get for FPS :eek:
 
everything on medium, 1024x768, around 35fps average...
e4300
X1950GT OC'd to Pro speeds
Biostar P35 motherboard
2 gigs crucial ballistix tracer
 
Opteron 165 @ 2.8GHz
DFI Lanparty nForce 4 Ultra-D
2GB G.Skill HZ PC4000
Sapphire X1950XTX (662/1026)

1920x1200 All settings medium, 35-40FPS with dips to 25-30ish.

Runs great :D I'm very pleased!
 
Specs:
Athlon X2 5200+ (2.6) OC'd to 2.84GHz
2GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM
Radeon X1950Pro 512mb PCI-E
1920x1080 resolution

Fraps log:

Min FPS: 9
Max FPS: 14
Avg FPS: 11.667

Screenshots:

Click thumbnails to view full-size.











I REALLY REALLY dont want to lower my resolution. Time to upgrade i guess!
 
Runs shoddily on all low settings with sig. rig, as expected. :D

You got a way better video card than me, it's definitely the ram holding you back. My x800 was bottlenecked by 1gb until I upgraded to 2, fps in FEAR shot up after that.
 
You got a way better video card than me, it's definitely the ram holding you back. My x800 was bottlenecked by 1gb until I upgraded to 2, fps in FEAR shot up after that.

Yeah. I know. This rig isn't worth upgrading anymore. Plus I don't want to shame Crysis on it. :D

Maybe next year I'll get myself a nice Vista rig.
 
1920 x 1200 : textures high, the rest medium.

running ~25 FPS.
I was very surprised at the performance this card gave me :)

X1900XT 256MB @ 681/774
 
A64 X2 3800+
2gig 667 DDR2
HD2600XT 256

1440x900 - everything medium, no AA/AF, more than satisfying framrate at all times, no drops noticable other when an autosave sets in. Turns out this satisfying framerate was 24-32 frames per second.

I get better FPS if I go down to a 1280x widescreen resolution, and it scales well on my monitor, so 30+ fps at all times. (I'm confused over my performance as well)


E6300 @ Stock
2GB OCZ Gold 800Mhz
X1300Pro :p
Dell 207WFP 20" Monitor

1200x800, Low settings, a few things at medium gives me a very playable 22-25 FPS.

Waiting for a video card upgrade...

I think this is a sign that it needs more CPU than GPU, as a developer stated in an interview.
 
I been playing the demo at 1920x1200 in Dx9 mode with all settings on medium. I haven looked at the fps, but the game was smooth to me so I dont know the fps I was getting.

Because i rather do 1920x1200 and all medium settings then dropping the res to do high settings.
 
Do you find that the medium setting looks good, though? I didn't like it that much but maybe that's because I was running at medium and at a low resolution of 1024 x 768. I'm probably cpu bottlenecked at that res as well, lol.
 
I think Medium looks great, Low is pushing it, but I'm an oldtimer gamer with a love for FPS over looking prettier :/

Definitely running as low as possible in multiplayer, but as high as I can comfortably go in singleplayer. I find sharp pixels and jaggies actually work in my favour when trying to spot hidden enemy players.
 
Do you find that the medium setting looks good, though?


I play it on straight medium settings at 1440x900 and think it looks good but not mind blowing. The lighting and shadows are impressive, as well as the water. But the actual textures on the rocks and world objects are not that great looking. They don't even look "awesome" on the high setting. I think the shaders and everything else needs to be on high/v high to get the next gen graphics. Unfortunately that's all my card is good for. I get anywhere from 20-40fps averaging around 25-30 on all medium. It's still not perfectly smooth but it's very playable. I tried upping a few settings to high and it was too choppy for my tastes.
 
My HD2900pro did an avg of 20fps at medium settings at 1920/1200.I did oc'd the card to 740/900.I also tried new settings of 1600/1200 with everything high,fps was 18 but slow load of scenes became a problem.I have a 939 x2 4800,2 gigs ddr500
 
From another thread:

Nihilanth99 said:
Some quick tests:

Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (512KB) @ 10x250MHz
2GB DDR2 @ 208MHz, single channel by board incompatibility
Radeon X1950XTX @ 650MHz/1,000MHz
Windows XP Professional
Catalyst 7.10 (October 11, 2007)

Code:
1,280x800; all advanced settings 'High', anti-aliasing 'Off'

[b]Benchmark_GPU:[/b]
==============================================================
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 111.86s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
    Play Time: 103.82s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]19.26[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 13.37 at frame 1942, Max FPS: 27.21 at frame 996
    Average Tri/Sec: -19335856, Tri/Frame: -1003711
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.91
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
    Play Time: 96.50s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]20.72[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 12.87 at frame 1950, Max FPS: 30.36 at frame 77
    Average Tri/Sec: -20573276, Tri/Frame: -992705
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.92
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
    Play Time: 96.20s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]20.79[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 12.87 at frame 1950, Max FPS: 30.36 at frame 77
    Average Tri/Sec: -20638010, Tri/Frame: -992668
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.92
!TimeDemo Run 3 Finished.
    Play Time: 96.22s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]20.79[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 12.87 at frame 1950, Max FPS: 30.36 at frame 77
    Average Tri/Sec: -20649542, Tri/Frame: -993411
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.92
TimeDemo Play Ended, (4 Runs Performed)
==============================================================

[b]Benchmark_CPU:[/b]
==============================================================
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 1500, Recorded Time: 44.62s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
    Play Time: 80.71s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]18.59[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 10.57 at frame 196, Max FPS: 24.54 at frame 109
    Average Tri/Sec: 20750620, Tri/Frame: 1116455
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.64
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
    Play Time: 76.60s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]19.58[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 10.57 at frame 196, Max FPS: 24.54 at frame 109
    Average Tri/Sec: 21958928, Tri/Frame: 1121408
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.64
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
    Play Time: 76.56s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]19.59[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 10.57 at frame 196, Max FPS: 24.54 at frame 109
    Average Tri/Sec: 21892152, Tri/Frame: 1117437
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.64
!TimeDemo Run 3 Finished.
    Play Time: 76.60s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]19.58[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 10.57 at frame 196, Max FPS: 24.54 at frame 109
    Average Tri/Sec: 21957386, Tri/Frame: 1121344
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.64
TimeDemo Play Ended, (4 Runs Performed)
==============================================================





1,680x1,050; all advanced settings 'High', anti-aliasing 'Off'

[b]Benchmark_GPU:[/b]
==============================================================
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 111.86s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
    Play Time: 143.18s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]13.97[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 9.94 at frame 1947, Max FPS: 17.85 at frame 985
    Average Tri/Sec: -13189943, Tri/Frame: -944255
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.97
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
    Play Time: 138.81s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]14.41[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 9.77 at frame 1954, Max FPS: 19.10 at frame 76
    Average Tri/Sec: -13456326, Tri/Frame: -933965
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.98
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
    Play Time: 138.75s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]14.41[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 9.68 at frame 1944, Max FPS: 19.96 at frame 70
    Average Tri/Sec: -13453205, Tri/Frame: -933295
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.98
!TimeDemo Run 3 Finished.
    Play Time: 138.72s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]14.42[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 9.68 at frame 1944, Max FPS: 19.96 at frame 70
    Average Tri/Sec: -13470516, Tri/Frame: -934343
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.98
TimeDemo Play Ended, (4 Runs Performed)
==============================================================

[b]Benchmark_CPU:[/b]
==============================================================
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 1500, Recorded Time: 44.62s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
    Play Time: 114.45s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]13.11[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 8.48 at frame 1091, Max FPS: 17.34 at frame 103
    Average Tri/Sec: 15183621, Tri/Frame: 1158499
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.62
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
    Play Time: 111.11s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]13.50[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 8.45 at frame 890, Max FPS: 17.34 at frame 103
    Average Tri/Sec: 15652340, Tri/Frame: 1159418
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.62
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
    Play Time: 111.29s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]13.48[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 8.45 at frame 890, Max FPS: 17.34 at frame 103
    Average Tri/Sec: 15655241, Tri/Frame: 1161545
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.62
!TimeDemo Run 3 Finished.
    Play Time: 111.70s, Average FPS: [color=red][b]13.43[/b][/color]
    Min FPS: 8.45 at frame 890, Max FPS: 17.34 at frame 103
    Average Tri/Sec: 15641033, Tri/Frame: 1164766
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.62
TimeDemo Play Ended, (4 Runs Performed)
==============================================================
- Summary: All advanced settings at "High" and no anti-aliasing -

1,280x800: 20.4fps / 19.3fps
1,680x1,050: 14.3fps / 13.4fps

-------------------

The game seems to have anisotropic filtering automatically enabled similar to Doom 3's High/Ultra quality levels, though I don't know what modes are tied with each quality notch.
 



Average FPS: 14
Resolution: 1280x1024

Pretty happy with my score, waiting for 3850PRO 512MB card to play this b***h on DX10 :D

Edit: BTW, I'm happy that i'm running x64 XP cuz this game makes a whooping 6~8 FPS difference! There is an article somewhere on the web, duno where tho...
 
Back
Top