• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis Warhead being a memory hog

Admittedly, I won't pretend to be intimately familiar with the workload/process distribution of the CryEngine2 in terms of how it utilizes multi-core processors, but what do you feel should have been offloaded even more so onto the CPU rather than the GPU?

Physics and AI (and to a lesser degree if Im not mistaken, Sound) are already handled through the CPU, and this isn't some elaborate RTS like Supreme Commander where thousands of squad members are controlled by the engine's AI algorithms, thus demanding a quad core CPU to prevent saturation of dual cores.

So, what do you believe is Cryteks failing in terms of quad core CPU utilization -- what should they have offloaded more onto the CPU that you feel is hindering the GPU?

Not really sure, but i'll say this. Ive played crysis on a quad and set affinity to 2 cores only and there was no performance hit from what i noticed which suggests its really only using 2 cores. I might actually go through it again later with fraps on to see if theres any differences, certainly i didnt notice any dip in framerates.

It is puzzling though, crysis makes better use of physics and ai compared to UT3 yet UE3 just seems to love having cpu cores thrown at it. You would think with the better ai and physics in crysis that more cpu use would be the order of the day. I really don't get why the core usage just seems to trail off after 2 cores.
 
Haw, and they said this one was going to be made properly.

I've learnt from my mistakes - having paid for Crysis, I won't be doing the same for Warhead or any other Crysis iteration.

Hope that means you never will be playing it.
 
They visit here, inCrysis Crysis Forums.
It's also where tweaked configs are shared and discussed.

Thanks looks like its anyone's guess still. Nothing tangible about anti cheating measures. Although 1 person is giving it rave reviews after playing it at Nvision.
Auto downloader is a huge plus.
 
First review of Crysis Warhead is in. PC Zone awarded it 92%.

"Five hour tour-de-force that's plugged the holes in Crysis with diamonds," says PC Zone

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=196747&site=cvg

Sounds great, I'm currently playing Crysis again on the hardest difficulty to get me ready for Warhead. I'm enjoying it more second time round. Probably because it runs smoother with the latest patch and I'm not constantly dicking about with graphical settings
 
I've got a second 4 GB set coming today. 8 GB FTW!

Also, I don't care how much memory it uses, as long as it doesn't require more than I have.

Indeed... I love 8. Not because I notice a huge difference, but because I know I don't have to think about memory restrictions for a good long while.
 
Back
Top