Crysis Warehead to be $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

known12345

Limp Gawd
According to this article from ign, at E3 2008 Crytek is going to announce that Crysis Warhead is going to be $30... so you dont have to pre-order to get it at $30.

I know this isn't a hot deal but I checked the thread for the Crysis Warhead preorder at $30 and I didnt see anyone post this article (unless I am wrong in that case I am sorry and please delete) and I was unable to post in that thread (it says "dead thread" whatever that means).

LOL

I thought the title of the thread was "Crysis Warezhead" for a second.

It will probably be $20 somewhere at launch and that will be where I buy it. Maybe Crytek figured that offering the game for a decent price would help sales and eliminate some potential piracy.

WOOOPS LOL sorry for the spelling, as you can tell I'm not exactly the best speller in the world. =(

But yeah, Crytek has been really outspoken about piracy, more so then many companies. Honestly, in this day and age I have trouble paying for any game priced 40-50, especially pc (don't get me wrong, I bought the game for like $30). More importantly after upgrading my comp to play Crysis, its not like I had alot of money left over to spend 40-50 on a game (I spend the money on aftermarket cooling for cpu/gpu). I think $30 I might consider a game that is essentially like the first. At $20 ill bite.

I don't have a problem paying $50 for a good game. Heck a movie night is $30 (tickets and popcorn, which tastes better at the theater since is costs $10). A good game provides usually provides many times the length in single player and good multiplayer can add hundreds more hours.

I'm a huge Crysis fans, its just a great looking and fun to play shooter and that's my kind of game. I just don't get into MMORPG and stuff like that.

Ok I was wondering why my thread got locked. This must be why. teehee.

Ah well $30 is not bad at all. Hopefully it's not like a HL2-episodic game where we get 4 hours of actual gameplay.

I think I got Crysis itself for like $20 a while ago. PC game prices drop like a rock. For some reason you can't get the same deals on the same exact video game version.

I don't have a problem paying $50 for a good game. Heck a movie night is $30 (tickets and popcorn, which tastes better at the theater since is costs $10).

Re-hashed summer movies plots... 8 dollars.

Popcorn with synthetic butter flavoring... 10 dollars.

Top-of-line personal gaming computer .....3000 dollars.

Playing the "Blue-shift" of one of the worst first-person shooters ever made...priceless.

How do I get a copy? :D

That's reasonable. 50$, meh, they'd have to make a game that had a lot more game to it.

Are you saying that Crysis is one of the worst FPS ever made? Not even close.;)

Don't me wrong...I enjoy playing it. But let's face it, take away the graphics and the ability to snatch-up Koreans by the neck, and it's a down-right awful game. ;)

Don't me wrong...I enjoy playing it. But let's face it, take away the graphics and the ability to snatch-up Koreans by the neck, and it's a down-right awful game. ;)
i played a game like that once, it was called 'bobby vs whitney on vacation' ;) :p

its been awhile since there was a game with a cloaked suit. that is pretty awesome in my book :)

u guys are nuts... crysis is a great FPS... the first 60% of the game is cookie cutter FPS just like CoD and HL2, but the last 40% are great.

not to mention the nano suit abilities are sooooooooooo good. makes you think twice about what is possible and what isnt in an FPS....

i for one will get the expansion asap!

u guys are nuts... crysis is a great FPS... the first 60% of the game is cookie cutter FPS just like CoD and HL2, but the last 40% are great.

not to mention the nano suit abilities are sooooooooooo good. makes you think twice about what is possible and what isnt in an FPS....

lol. IMO the last 40% is the part that sucked. there was basically no more freedom. just go here, do this, and repeat. nearly 100% linear and uninspiring unlike the parts before the Core level.

Crysis was a great game but it would have been much better if I could play the game on very high settings with great fps =). Let's face it, there are alot of high quality shooters out there right now, it isn't just enough to be good in one aspect and terrible in the others, I mean maybe before it was alright but these days, with all the competition, you have to be a total package. I loved Crysis single player but not so much it's multiplier. Better optimization would have made the game killer though.

Warhead, which is set to hopefully solve Crysis's requirement's department plus the fact that their are higher graphics card's available (when Warhead comes out) for a cheaper price compared to the time when Crysis came out (8800gtx and 8800 ultra were at the very least 400 at the time, now you can get the 4870 and gtx260 for very close to 300) should allow more people to enjoy Crysis's graphics and possibly make Warhead for $30 (and possibly $20) a hot deal when it comes out and a high competitor.

Warhead just looks like an expansion pack to the game, which will not be worth paying a premium. $30bux is usually what companies charge for expansion packs.

For me it was the exact opposite - First 60%=Good, Last 40%=Terrible. Then again maybe you're being sarcastic, I can't tell. Anyway, I'll probably get this, if for no other reason then to push my 4870 and make it puke.

I thought the first 40% was exactly like FarCry... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But thats what I meant by cookie cutter... FarCry's first 80% and Crysis' first 60% are exactly the same... snipe what you can, sneak around and ambush... drive around in a humvee... throw nades here and there.... rinse repeat... true the last 40% of crysis was very linear, but it was still so much fun!

For me both Crysis and Far Cry are same in that regard. It was fun for me until mutants showed up, and then was meh, in Crysis up until cave was ok, after that i didn't like it like the first part.

I'm with the majority. The first half of each game seemed the same, but so did the second half of each game. Both became linear and just irritating. I was hoping they'd learn from everyone complaining about the end of Farcry. I enjoyed the beginning of both a decent amount.

Is this worth $30? If that's the msrp I have a feeling that within the first month you'd be able to scoop it up for $19.99.

Is this worth $30? If that's the msrp I have a feeling that within the first month you'd be able to scoop it up for $19.99.

My thoughts exaclty... and that's why I just canceled my pre-order from Amazon.com.

Same here, canceled my gamestop preorder also because if it is 29.99 MSRP then the first week it's out, local stores will have it for around 19.99.

Warhead isn't an expansion pack. It goes off on a new direction with one the guys from the team of the 1st Crysis ( not the same guy)

The system requirements have been throttled down alot, the avg 'gaming' user should be able to play Warhead w/o dumbing down your settings. A Good 8800 with work wonders

I played about 30 mins of Crysis before I uninstalled it. Didn't liek the controls or the story line or the abilities. I had heard people talk about it liek it was the end all be all... It was ended from my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back