Crysis Remastered System Requirements Published - New "Can it Run Crysis? Mode Announced

Yes. And I got it working before. It’s just outdated that it’s not worth it. Just going to wait for the remaster.
Same. Wanted to play this again, but I'll wait for the remaster since it's coming soon.

I'm greatly looking forward to Crysis remastered. I remember going through every single command that TweakGuides provided just to milk every drop out of my 7900gt, which I quickly upgraded to an 8800gt.

I still play Crysis on my isolated Win7 PC every now and then. User made missions and maps also gives the game more things to do. No other game has given me this level of sandbox game play.

Bump with update:

Crytek announces a "Can it run Crysis?" graphical mode for the game that maxes everything out.

1599493123244.png

Looking good. Glad they saturated the colors, the original was kind of bland.

Yikes that sounds heavy for what looks quite limited.

There was literally a console command that basically added a brown filter because everything needed to be brown at that time
IIRC it was a technical decision for many devs. I remember something about it when Gears of War came out. The simpler color palette was less resource-intensive.

I'm sure some games did it for style, but color hacks have been around forever in gaming. When I watched the RDNA2 tech demo I immediately thought about this.

IIRC it was a technical decision for many devs. I remember something about it when Gears of War came out. The simpler color palette was less resource-intensive.

I'm sure some games did it for style, but color hacks have been around forever in gaming. When I watched the RDNA2 tech demo I immediately thought about this.

Nah, color grading was just comically overused at that point in time like bloom was before it. Then it got bandwagonned and we landed on the real is brown phenomenon.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealIsBrown

Somewhere around 2011 we hit peak retardation and BF3 was straight up blue/gray as fuck instead. Then we started entering the PBR era and devs apparently remembered that real life isn't actually desaturated.

Uh, I heard that from the horse's mouth at, I think it was a Microsoft event, about the first Gears game. Could have been CES or any of the other tech expos.

Like I said, some games do it for style, but it is also used as a way to improve performance or mask certain kinds of artifacts that would stand out with a larger color scheme.

Crysis was probably not a performance optimization, since that would defeat the purpose.

I wonder if SLI will work? or if Nvidia will provide a profile for it.

I wonder if SLI will work? or if Nvidia will provide a profile for it.
Need the developer to implement it first, if I understand the issues surrounding SLI and DX12 correctly.

So, maybe, since the game is coming with a 'make my PC hurt' benchmark mode?

They should use this opportunity to do what the Black Mesa team did and fix Crysis' Zen levels. I'd say hire the BM team but then you're looking at a 2027 release frame. ;)
I don't know if Xen is "fixed" in Black Mesa, but there certainly is much more of it than in Half Life.

I still liked that game even though I was "limited" on my 8800 gtx video card, not that I really gave a shit it looked great to me. But yeah super fun right up until the frosty aliens showed up then it was like oh FFS, my super stealth destroying every North Korean fun mode was over... no I don't want a god damn icicle cannon, I want to be permastealth and cap off a single shot from my rifle before restealthing

I figure one or the other is wrong; it'd be weird for Crytek to do this remaster in DX11, right?
Well I was hoping Vulkan and then DX 12 but if DX 11 maybe my two 1080 Ti's can play one last game in SLI. What is going on, Flight Simulator DX11, then Crysis DX11, Mafia remastered? I figure it will probably have a DX12 option with the hardware RT option.

I watched that video and in every single screen comparison I felt the non-RT version was far, far superior looking....as in I would never, ever run the Ray Traced version. It was not the impression I think they were trying to send, while an amazing technical achievement, it still looked terrible to me. Worse, they are *still* doing that bullshit where they try to sell you on Ray Tracing by showing you "mirror like puddles at night!". omg enough with that shit. ....what made it worse was that they said your character will not reflect off objects, so anything RIGHT NEAR YOu won't SHOW you? That's absurd, that's maybe where you'd see some actual RT bang for your buck.....so you and your squad walk around...you get no RT reflectoins in the environment, but meanwhile some absurdly-bright light is beaming off the puddles at your feet like the sun? Ugh...why.

Sooooo....

Now we need "can it run Crysis" mode in order to run Crysis, to see if it can run in "can it run Crysis" mode... hahahahahaha.... w.O.w...:banghead:..:eek:..:hungover:

Last edited:
Back