Crysis Performance?

galdoes16

Gawd
What kind of performance can I expect with my rig? I'm gonna install the demo when I get off work, and I was just wondering.

Medium setting with 30 FPS most parts, might drop to 10 in large explosions and gun fights.

With my rig (pretty close performance wise to yours) I run 1680x1050 with all settings on high minus shaders and shadows on low.

I average ~25 fps. Which is very playable in single player. Multiplayer I drop all settings to low, which nets the same average frame rate but not nearly as much hiccups/slow downs.

I ran the crysis demo on my old setup with a 7900gt and amd x2 4000 @ 2.66 on medium settings @ 1920x1200 and played through with about ~20 fps.

What kind of performance can I expect with my rig? I'm gonna install the demo when I get off work, and I was just wondering.

Expect crap performance. Don't bother spending money on this, but if you wanna try it, download it for free.

With the system in my sig and a mixture of cubans medium low tweaks plus my own, pretty much everything on low with high shadows and 1440x900 resolution. i get 25 -29 tops, drops below 15 ALOT. the snowy area never went above 15 and averaged 12 fps. Disappointing to say the least.

Isn't the demo misleading? The early parts of the game aren't indicative of the frames you'll be getting in the latter parts of the game.

I ran the demo with medium settings at 1280x1024 except for physics set to high and it ran a solid 30+ fps through most of the demo.

I think the game looks great at Medium settings... despite what others are saying. I'm definitely thinking about buying it, just gotta check and see if the game uses SLI now...

Edit: After some quick digging their still is no patch and while sli has improved a bit it's still dodgy in the game, I think I'll wait until they get the issues worked out before I purchase it.

Isn't the demo misleading? The early parts of the game aren't indicative of the frames you'll be getting in the latter parts of the game.

The end of the demo cut scene does closely resembles the kind of frame rate with all the icy surface.

My fps dropped to 20 at that cut scene, and indeed that was what I got in the spaceship and icy level.

Back