Crysis MP

I don't think you'll buy it for the multiplayer, but if you are......don't ;)

It's like Enemy Territory Quake Wars, Unreal 2 XMP, BF2142's Titan mode or UT2004's Onslaught mode...but the nodes/points/areas aren't linked so you can go anywhere.

You capture some areas to get water/ground/air vehicles, buy your weapons like in counter-strike, make money, unlock new weapons by accomplishing some objectives and eventually get nuclear weapons to take out the enemy base and win. There's also Deathmatch.

i love the MP, been playing it sence the beta and its great theres still a few balance issues and bugs that will be ironed out in the first patch. and the engine is very mod friendly so even if the stock mp isnt to your liking theres Tons of mods in the works for it already.

Im in the minority here. I played both sp and mp in beta and bought Crysis for MP. I also played COD4 and just preferred Crysis MP. I just found it more fun.

mp in a prison, sound pretty cool. big tropical island = too much running

There are vehicles at every spawn and weapons facility. You almost never have to run to your next objective. I'd rather run a bit and have some team play than just have team deathmatch the whole time. Sure its opinion, but for teamplay, Crysis is infinitely more fun. COD4 has no emphasis on teamplay, even in the objective maps. Sure you can try and coordinate, but its always up to the last person standing to complete the objective.

but are there enough maps to keep things interesting or is it just that one map from the demo?

There are a bunch of maps, different locations/countries. Different times of day depending on the server and DX10.

Everybody at this 450 seat lan got a free copy of it. I haven't seen anything else being played for the last 13 hours....

Back