Crysis: Little problems make an OK game...less OK.

[RCKY] Thor

2[H]4U
Anyone else finding all the little things that make this game frustrating?

I cant say how many times I've had the physics glitch and kill me. I can stand there and take 30mm shells from a helicopter...but a box clips into something, goes crazy and kills me. Threw a guy into a wall at close range, and died. Weapons will clip and get stuck in walls or objects and go nucking futz. All really annoying.

Can be driving along a smooth road and the jeep will bounce into the air and take damage on...nothing. It just happens.

And the tank mission was the most frustrating yet. I was doing just fine until my ai friendly tank came up and rear ended me for 80% damage...then did it again and killed me. Reloaded from the checkpoint and he did it again. And again, until I finally figured out it wasn't the bad guys killing me, and I had to bail out of the AI's path right on the checkpoint load.

A bunch of stuff that adds up to really frustrate me with the game. Anyone else running into stuff like this?

There have been a few little things, but overall the game is the best I have ever played with nothing else coming close!

I thought they were gonna fix that glitch where destroying a box at close range instantly kills:confused:

It does gets annoying when it happens. What I love about this game is the physics, but now I have to be careful destroying boxes lol.

Well I haven't gotten all that far in to the game yet but I have only experienced one of the things you have mentioned. Weapons getting stuck in and object and going nuts.

For those who haven't experienced this it is quite easy to reproduce this bug. Just walk up to a table that has a weapon sitting on it and exchange one of your current weapons for the one on the table. Most if not all of the time your original weapon will get stuck in the table causing it to dance around until it breaks and everything settles on the floor.

i've been killed by several boxes, and quite a few rocks. they are formidable opponents.

i've been killed by several boxes, and quite a few rocks. they are formidable opponents.

Hahaha, that made me laugh, it has happened to me a couple times. One time, I had a chicken get stuck in a side of wall....

Another time, I blew up a building, and a large part of it kept slowly going up, up, up, into the sky, it never stopped and disappeared. This also can happen with trees, they just float away into the sky.

Great game though, I can deal with a couple minor bugs....

Having played more "realism"-oriented games lately, like Insurgency and CoD4's hardcore mode, the actual shooting of people is more than a little problem, to me. When seven of my rounds connect with someone - from legs to torso to head - and they're still not wiped out, it can get pretty annoying.

I also really want to be able to pick stuff up, like these logs I find lying about, and twat people with them. Only problem is, whenever I try they seem to shrink. A five-foot bit of driftwood requires me to be swapping saliva with a Korean before i'm actually close enough to smack the guy 'round the head.

I love throwing frogs and watching them sail to never never land. :D

Dead frogs don't do it though. :(

Most fun i've had from crysis was picking up a wild bird and just throwing it the fuck against a big boulder in strength mode. Splat.

Yeah that's another one...after COD4's great bullet penetration stuff...getting blocked by a bit of plywood is damned annoying.

I've noticed a couple of those things (no issues with the tank mission though). The guns getting stuck is annoying because of the horrible sound it makes, but it's never adversely affected me. The getting stuck between a box and wall could be annoying, but I am currently in the ship and it had only happened once early in the game.

My opinion is, as big as the world is and as relatively advanced as the physics, graphics, sound, etc is... the bugs are fairly infrequent for a game these days. I was going to wait until a few driver releases and a game update or two to play Crysis because I figured with the depth of it there was likely to be a ton of bugs (Stalker, for example), but I think they got lots of them out. The only thing left really is to adjust things for performance.

It's sad, but I almost expect more bugs in a game these days.

Not to worry Tweakin, EA will be along with another BF rehash shortly. That should take care of your quest to find bugs and glitches. :)

i havent experienced the guns getting stuck, or flying trees.

one time, however, and banana was just sitting on a shelf chattering away. up down up down buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. that is, until i punched the house to shreds. ;)

[RCKY] Thor;1031681567 said:
Yeah that's another one...after COD4's great bullet penetration stuff...getting blocked by a bit of plywood is damned annoying.

I dont recall me doing that...

Ply

Having played more "realism"-oriented games lately, like Insurgency and CoD4's hardcore mode, the actual shooting of people is more than a little problem, to me. When seven of my rounds connect with someone - from legs to torso to head - and they're still not wiped out, it can get pretty annoying.

I also really want to be able to pick stuff up, like these logs I find lying about, and twat people with them. Only problem is, whenever I try they seem to shrink. A five-foot bit of driftwood requires me to be swapping saliva with a Korean before i'm actually close enough to smack the guy 'round the head.

QFT. My main beef with this game...

Ply

the only way to get through the game is to use the suits powers to get up close for headshots

the only way to get through the game is to use the suits powers to get up close for headshots

I have to disagree with you on that. While I am not that far in to the game I find you can take a hell of a lot of the Koreans out with out even firing a shot. Also you do not need to be right on top of the enemy to make head shots. I do agree that head shots are they way to go if you are going to attack with a firearm but you can head shot at range with an iron site AK. I do however find that the assault riffles are rather useless when set to full auto. Full auto works alright at close range but at close range I would rather use my pistol, shotgun, or SMG. The assault rifles are only really accurate and effective when set to semi auto. I would really rather have seen a 3 round burst option over full auto on the assault rifles. Also if you get swarmed and have an SMG you can mow down a hell of a lot of guys before you need to reload even with out head shots. The pump shotgun also packs one hell of a punch if you adjust the choke.

Under the diff_bauer file (or whatever difficulty you play at) in the config folder of the game directory, replace the ai_RODKillZoneInc = -x.x to ai_RODKillZoneInc = -2.5. Two to three bullets will kill them. The more negative the number becomes, the fewer bullets it takes to kill them. After making it so they are more realistically killed, I found myself enjoying the previous settings, as even on Delta the game is too easy when adjusted as such.

Under the diff_bauer file (or whatever difficulty you play at) in the config folder of the game directory, replace the ai_RODKillZoneInc = -x.x to ai_RODKillZoneInc = -2.5. Two to three bullets will kill them. The more negative the number becomes, the fewer bullets it takes to kill them. After making it so they are more realistically killed, I found myself enjoying the previous settings, as even on Delta the game is too easy when adjusted as such.

i'll give this a shot next time i'm playing crysis. this sounds like the fix i've been looking for. I don't like how on the easier difficulties the NK's glow red, there's a nade indicator, etc. thanks for the tip dethred...much appreciated.

There were a few moments I got annoyed by dumping a few clips at a few guys and them still wandering around looking for me. I also found that without the silencer the gun does increase in power a little. Head shots are not too hard from any distance as long as your lined up and not shooting them in the back of the head.

I never got the gun stuck into anything, I did get killed by a raft I jumped out of at full speed...annoying but funny too. Shooting some of the building bits into the ocean resulted in them bouncing around like they were on a trampolin. Never had anything fly off into space though.

The car getting stuck on things and taking damage happend a few times. Worst one I was I shot down a Heli onto the road and nothing would move its rotar blade or wreckage and I got stuck with a rather long hike. The tank mission fender bender happend to me, I just restarted and moved over, was dumb but not a big deal.

Overall I really liked the game (minus the last two boss's). Now that its over I am having fun going around with infinate ammo and god mode just blowing everything up and exploring the maps.

I'm not a noob gamer and its the best IMHO. I loved Far Cry. I would save and run into a base, then reload and sneak in. I find myself doing the same here, but with more sophistication. I even practice moves a couple of times. On the AA level, I practiced attaching C4 to a humvee, driving in, jumping out as its rolling and igniting it as the troops run to it. The different modes of attack are endless. If not the most immersive story, definitely the most fun. "Die American Bit" LOL

There have been a few little things, but overall the game is the best I have ever played with nothing else coming close!

Agreed.

As to the OP, it was programmed by man, so it is of course subject to man-made errors.
There isn't a single game on the planet that doesn't have the oddball glitch or two, and when you get to games of THIS caliber (or at least approaching this caliber, Crysis being the most technically complex game of all time), then its perfectly normal to expect a patch to follow.
Also, that's why pencils have erasers ;)

That being said, this is the best game of all time imho.
I don't say that to perpetuate the "hype", as this game has delivered on all counts if you ask me.

I have to agree with the last poster. The level of perfection some people expect amazes me, and Ive only gotten to the waterfall after saving the hostage and only seen one bug (weapon bouncing in/out of the floor).

Also, the shotgun sucks. Headshots work well at least.

Back