Crysis Interview - Jan 5th

i really thought far cry was a great game for it's time. This however just looks unreal.
I've enjoyed many games, but i don't think i've ever been so amped up for any game before.

i really thought far cry was a great game for it's time. This however just looks unreal.
I've enjoyed many games, but i don't think i've ever been so amped up for any game before.

Ditto, except on the Far Cry part. I enjoyed playing it, but the story and the voice acting was just plain horrible. I really hope Crysis doesn't make the same mistakes, because visually, it's the most impressive game I've seen yet. Alan Wake and Bioshock look fantastic, but Crysis is unreal, or better yet, real :)

Is the high res version of: 169_crysis_om_mul_010507 available somewhere :confused:
Don't really want to pay to watch a clip.

After seeing the video, i'm def. getting this game! And that decision is from what I saw in the gameplay!...and graphics to lol.

I found these parts interesting:

CY: In general, we utilize the new interface of D3D10 to get better performance. We also use geometry shaders with texture arrays to accelerate shadow map and particle generation. We now can develop render algorithms easier because of the big guaranteed feature set of D3D10. For example, with DX9, the limited number of interpolators often prevented shader optimizations. There are many more useful features we want to utilize as well, such as texture lookups in vertex and geometry shader, stream out, and integer math. D3D10 hardware is now required to do high-quality texture filtering, which can result in better shading quality (such as specular effects or reflections).

CY: If you have a high-end DX9 card with an equal level of CPU and memory--basically today's "gamer rig"--you will enjoy Crysis with close-to-D3D10 fidelity. Don't forget that for a long time, we ran the game only on DX9 hardware, even though people thought it was D3D10. You can be sure your high-end gamer rig will satisfy your expectations--but with D3D10, you will surpass them.

CY: We have already implemented within CryEngine 2 our multicore technology, so out of the box Crysis does configure itself toward single-core, dual-core, quad-core, or multicore configurations alongside DX9, 10, XP, Vista, 32 bit, and 64 bit. We do not plan to use physics processors at this stage, though, since we did not see the direct beneficial impact in our software. Our in-house physics engine runs fast enough and spreads over multicore CPUs if needed to make Crysis a next-gen experience on that front.

Yeah it's good to know they are working on performance as much as they are everything else.

Looks fantastic! But making changes to the weapon's parameters is not efficient. He seems to have to hide, then take 5 secs to make adjustments iso just hitting a few F keys to make an immediate change. That seems to be the only drawback. I hope a conroe dual core will be enough.

Looks fantastic! But making changes to the weapon's parameters is not efficient. He seems to have to hide, then take 5 secs to make adjustments iso just hitting a few F keys to make an immediate change. That seems to be the only drawback. I hope a conroe dual core will be enough.

I'm sure it won't be a problem to bind a few keys to your favourite attachments etc

crysis looks really fun and im REALLY anticipating it. i know its the first of its kind and its still new but i noticed a few things i didnt like in the newest gameplay video:

1. the forage didnt russle as much when youre walking through it as they said it would

2. they used a flat image map for the ground filled with leaves (it didnt go with the rest of the beautiful graphics in the game, i say just leave it as dirt)

3. objects such as the pillow in the room were stiff blocks and moved around like boxes and not like a pillow

and the most important...

4. hardly any blood. cmon if youre going to make a realistic game like crysis, with amazingly realistic physics... then its time to give up the political correctness for a little while and give us some realistic violence. lack of realistic blood or violence makes the game feel awkward and unreal and im tired of everyone doing it already. it will still be fun but it just wont feel real.

aside from those its looking amazing and one of my most anticipated games

crysis looks really fun and im REALLY anticipating it. i know its the first of its kind and its still new but i noticed a few things i didnt like in the newest gameplay video:

1. the forage didnt russle as much when youre walking through it as they said it would

2. they used a flat image map for the ground filled with leaves (it didnt go with the rest of the beautiful graphics in the game, i say just leave it as dirt)

3. objects such as the pillow in the room were stiff blocks and moved around like boxes and not like a pillow

and the most important...

4. hardly any blood. cmon if youre going to make a realistic game like crysis, with amazingly realistic physics... then its time to give up the political correctness for a little while and give us some realistic violence. lack of realistic blood or violence makes the game feel awkward and unreal and im tired of everyone doing it already. it will still be fun but it just wont feel real.

aside from those its looking amazing and one of my most anticipated games

You have to remember that the game still has a long way to go. I did see some video where someone got the head shot clean off and there was some good blood there...which i did not see in the first few videos

give it time i'm sure we will see a lot more good stuff to come

Crysis is a game I'll buy at launch. To date, the only game, where I did the same, was Oblivion.
I usually wait a while, for prices to lower a bit, especially when there's a demo out, meaning I can play the game, even though limited, while I wait.
But Crysis will be in my game shelf, as soon as I see it on sale :)

You have to remember that the game still has a long way to go. I did see some video where someone got the head shot clean off and there was some good blood there...which i did not see in the first few videos

give it time i'm sure we will see a lot more good stuff to come

Yeah, it's a work in progress, but I have to say I'm impressed with everything I've seen, even in its unfinished form.

Yeah, it's a work in progress, but I have to say I'm impressed with everything I've seen, even in its unfinished form.

I don't even think impressed is the word for it. I think that a demo of this would be better than a full version of 90% of the games out there right now.

I don't even think impressed is the word for it. I think that a demo of this would be better than a full version of 90% of the games out there right now.

I wouldn't go as far as that, since I think the latest games strive for quality more than anything, but I understand what you mean :)
I really would like to see a one level demo or something, of Crysis, in the next couple of months.

"The demo of the game we played showed a great potential. The game was running in DirectX 10 mode on 32-bit Vista. The code may still have some infant illnesses but it looks great on a G80, Geforce 8800 GTX, Core 2 duo and it provides 60 FPS+, at almost all times. It certainly works and looks much better than Rainbow" [buggy Six Vegas.

Yeah I know, it's the INQ but if this is an indication of performance then I am very happy. It'll only get better with time the time they are spending optimizing:D

I agree on the blood and guts. They need to have a toned down version for "kids" but there needs to be a "Rated M" version for we adult children :D

I have the same peeve witht he AArmy game. blood at a distance, and twitching dead, but no blood up close, etc. As a recruiting tool for warriors, it would behoove them to let reality in all the way, so noone has romantic ideas about bang bang games.

Back