• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis Eventually Coming to Xbox...

sarbz

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
1,319
For those of you who have Crysis, check out the control section in the manual....full support for the xbox360 controller :)

It might mean absolutely nothing, but on the other hand, I can't imagine EA wouldn't want to port it over. This could be a huge blockbuster hit on the 360.

With mostly medium settings, a little extra tweaking, and running at 720p, I think the xbox360 hardware could definitely handle it. And it would still look better than a lot of the games currently out.

let the speculation begin...
 
hmmm, pretty much all new pc games support the 360 controller nowadays. I d have thought the 360 could handle crysis pretty well aswell.
 
Wouldn't shock me. I don't think they could get it as nice-looking as the PC version at full blast (the 360 only has 512mb of RAM - some PCs have more just in their video cards!), but I'm sure they could probably slap together something that looks just "really awesome".

Still, I wouldn't read too much into the 360 gamepad support. It's very, very easy for devs to implement gamepad support.
 
It was announced awhile back that it WAS coming to the consoles, but that it would be a different game than what is on the PC.
 
Actually, all of the new "Games for Windows" games HAVE to support the 360 pad.
Still, you're right about it being feasible on the 360. The old 2006 E3 video of the game running at 100 frames per second with photo realistic graphics wouldn't but the game that shipped would. I can run it in 720p with all the details maxed (8800GTX), so the 360 can likely do the same with medium details.
One funny thing about the 360 pad and this game is how well it implements rumble. I had my controller plugged in to charge and it was shaking like crazy every time I did anything. It ended up falling off of my case and freaking all of my cats out. It's pretty lousy to use that controller in Crysis (WAY too much precision aiming needed if you play like I do) but the game supports it really well.
 
Wouldn't shock me. I don't think they could get it as nice-looking as the PC version at full blast (the 360 only has 512mb of RAM - some PCs have more just in their video cards!), but I'm sure they could probably slap together something that looks just "really awesome".

really awesome would be ok by me. I know it would have to be scaled down a bit, but recent games like bioshock & cod4 amaze me on the 360. I have 2x7900gs oc'd to hell, and I can't get cod4 to run as smooth as it does on the 360.
 
really awesome would be ok by me. I know it would have to be scaled down a bit, but recent games like bioshock & cod4 amaze me on the 360. I have 2x7900gs oc'd to hell, and I can't get cod4 to run as smooth as it does on the 360.

yeah but the 7900GS blows now so thats not surprising at all.
 
yeah but the 7900GS blows now so thats not surprising at all.

actually, it really depends on how you look at it :) Does a setup like a 7900gs sli or your x1950xt really blow? Or do games just not take advantage of hardware very well?

a 7900gs sli or x1950xt setup has more gpu processing power than the xbox360 or ps3. Yet they can't run COD4 at equal settings with the same performance (60fps throughout almost the entire game). As far as I'm concerned, it's not the video cards that blow, it's the shitty port that doesn't make good use of hardware.
 
For those of you who have Crysis, check out the control section in the manual....full support for the xbox360 controller :)

It might mean absolutely nothing, but on the other hand, I can't imagine EA wouldn't want to port it over. This could be a huge blockbuster hit on the 360.

With mostly medium settings, a little extra tweaking, and running at 720p, I think the xbox360 hardware could definitely handle it. And it would still look better than a lot of the games currently out.

let the speculation begin...

Speculation? Crysis would look like shit on the 360. The game is only compatible with that controller. I noticed that as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
 
Ah cool, so the pc have 360controller support? Will be easier to play on my laptop then :)
 
Ah cool, so the pc have 360controller support? Will be easier to play on my laptop then :)

If you have a laptop that'll run that game at anything over 15 fps at your native resolution...you're the man. I'm sure it's possible, but there are likely only a few around.
I always love "gaming" laptops because they usually have a high-res screen that only the most cutting edge desktop video card can support.
 
Actually, all of the new "Games for Windows" games HAVE to support the 360 pad.
No, they don't. Supreme Commander and its expansion are in the "Games for Windows" thing and they don't support the 360 controller natively.
 
For those of you who have Crysis, check out the control section in the manual....full support for the xbox360 controller :)

It might mean absolutely nothing, but on the other hand, I can't imagine EA wouldn't want to port it over. This could be a huge blockbuster hit on the 360.

With mostly medium settings, a little extra tweaking, and running at 720p, I think the xbox360 hardware could definitely handle it. And it would still look better than a lot of the games currently out.

let the speculation begin...

you cant even go PRONE on the controller :p unless i missed it...

Domingo had it though, ALL games for windows games must have out of box support for the 360 pad
 
Crysis: Instincts. Weeeeeeeee....................

Haha.

I highly doubt crysis will come to the consoles. They have stated over and over they have not even thought about it. So that means if they do, you console gamers have atleast a year or two. Muahahaha.

You can get an 8800 ultra for 60 bucks by then.
 
Speculation? Crysis would look like shit on the 360. The game is only compatible with that controller. I noticed that as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I remember the lead at Crytek said Crysis is impossible on the consoles. The memory is a limitation. They probably will make or license something for PS3/X360, but it won't be Crysis. It will be a new game built around lower requirements.
 
I had a pretty funny issue involving the Crysis demo and a wired 360 controller.

So, I have a wired 360 controller connected to my PC at all times. I installed the Crysis demo, and it detected the controller. It not only detected it - it made the controller the default control device. I tried switching back to keyboard, but the controller remained default. KB and mouse worked just fine, it's just all the tutorial controls, etc, showed up as controller commands. Press X to jump, etc. It was frustrating, because some KB commands weren't listed, and it only showed the controller command. For instance, switching seats in the boat. It was a bit odd, and I've never had an issue like that before in any game. The only way to disable it was to unplug the controller, which was a bit of a pain...

The controller layout was actually pretty decent - it worked well for everything but headshots. I spent a lot of the time in vehicles using the controller.
 
No, it's not coming to the 360. It simply cannot handle it, a 360's GPU is like a 7800GTX with extra power, it A: Has no DX10, and B: Will run settings low at a low resolution.
 
really awesome would be ok by me. I know it would have to be scaled down a bit, but recent games like bioshock & cod4 amaze me on the 360. I have 2x7900gs oc'd to hell, and I can't get cod4 to run as smooth as it does on the 360.
Only because they are only optimized to play on the 360, they make it so you cant change anything, it will always stay the same, but with pc the games always look better, can go high setting and res and how cant you get them to run smooth? Whats your res, settings and cpu?
 
No Crysis for Xbox 360..Now run along and play Halo 3..:p...Humor..
 
Maybe if Crysis came to the XBOX360 it would actually work. I still can't install Crysis on Vista 64 because of the cab file error. EA fails yet again.
 
Funny thing is i actually prefer playing crysis with the 360 controller!
 
The thing about the devs saying that Crysis can't run on a console was also quoted back when the Crysis footage available was far and away better than the final product we actually got. The "real" Crysis running at 720p with medium to high details is certainly feasible on the the 360 or the PS3. I'd be shocked if we didn't see the game on a next-gen console by Q1 of 2009.
 
I have a 360 controller for a few games but it isn't hooked up right now. I just got Guitar Hero 3 for PC though and since it is hooked up, Crysis detects the 360 contoller. :cool:
 
No, they don't. Supreme Commander and its expansion are in the "Games for Windows" thing and they don't support the 360 controller natively.

'Games for Windows' doesn't NEED to have support for the 360 controllers, but it IS mentioned in the bullet points of the Games for Windows feature set:

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/gamesForWindows.aspx

"2) Compatibility. Games for Windows branded titles work on Windows XP and Windows Vista based PCs, including both 32 and 64 bit editions. Games for Windows titles that support controllers are also compatible with the Microsoft XBOX 360 controller for Windows, including the XBOX 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. They even support widescreen resolutions and more."

So the support for 360 controller has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the game will come to the console systems. If it does, it's going to need a serious overhaul which would probably include ripping out much of the free-roam style gameplay. The consoles could probably put out visuals similar to what Crysis offers, but they do not have the system memory that Crysis needs.
 
actually, it really depends on how you look at it :) Does a setup like a 7900gs sli or your x1950xt really blow? Or do games just not take advantage of hardware very well?

a 7900gs sli or x1950xt setup has more gpu processing power than the xbox360 or ps3. Yet they can't run COD4 at equal settings with the same performance (60fps throughout almost the entire game). As far as I'm concerned, it's not the video cards that blow, it's the shitty port that doesn't make good use of hardware.

One thing you should realize...the console versions run at a native 600p...that means 1066*600...that's a fairly low resolution to run at. I'm sure a PC with an x1950xt can just about max the game out and run at 60fps at those resolutions.

Mind you, the console versions will take advantage of their respective hardware much more, since they were designed exactly for that hardware. PC versions never fare as well, since there's so much hardware variety to take into account. They can never take full advantage of the hardware because they need to make it compatible for all hardware. Think of what would happen if you took a 360 game and ported it over to the PS3 without taking advantage of the SPUs in the Cell...well we've seen it. That sort of performance loss pretty much happens with every PC game since the hardware isn't completely taken advantage of.
 
i wish there were a way to TURN OFF the 360 controller when i'm in crysis short of unplugging it. i have the wired 360 gamepad, sits on top of my case, and whenever i got shot or take a big fall, the vibrate on the controller makes this awful clattering sound on my case, and then it jumps off.

for now i have it sitting on the carpet whenever i play crysis, but geez.
 
Thread title is kinda misleading. I thought it was something official but its just someone's opinion.
 
Is it ? There were rumors last month it was coming to PS3. There was even a thread about it on here, but the trolls got it locked. :rolleyes:

http://kotaku.com/346247/enhanced-crysis-rumored-for-playstation-3

The word is it's being ported for both, however I don't really have too much faith in them doing a successful PS3 port their first go. It took them FOREVER AND A HALF just to do a FarCry port (the port took nearly as long as original game's development, and it really didn't have that much extra) for the original Xbox, so either they're going to take forever on a PS3 port, do a really shitty PS3 port, or get outside help, which we've learned from Valve contracting a 3rd party with Orange Box, that doesn't go over too well a lot of the time.
 
Even if they did port it over, it wouldn't look nearly the same. Just like CoD4 looks so much worse.
 
The word is it's being ported for both, however I don't really have too much faith in them doing a successful PS3 port their first go. It took them FOREVER AND A HALF just to do a FarCry port (the port took nearly as long as original game's development, and it really didn't have that much extra) for the original Xbox, so either they're going to take forever on a PS3 port, do a really shitty PS3 port, or get outside help, which we've learned from Valve contracting a 3rd party with Orange Box, that doesn't go over too well a lot of the time.

Actually the head dude from Crytek said they've been doing in depth research on the PS3's hardware. They seem to be a technically inclined development studio. I think they will leverage the PS3's power effectively. Crytek >>>>>>>>>>>EA. ;)
 
The word is it's being ported for both, however I don't really have too much faith in them doing a successful PS3 port their first go. It took them FOREVER AND A HALF just to do a FarCry port (the port took nearly as long as original game's development, and it really didn't have that much extra) for the original Xbox, so either they're going to take forever on a PS3 port, do a really shitty PS3 port, or get outside help, which we've learned from Valve contracting a 3rd party with Orange Box, that doesn't go over too well a lot of the time.

Are you saying that Portal was not a success, or that Valve did not make a good choice by letting those people work on the project? I think they actually work for Valve now.

EDIT - I thought Crytek said that they were going to use CryEngine 2 for th consoles a while ago... ?
 
Are you saying that Portal was not a success, or that Valve did not make a good choice by letting those people work on the project? I think they actually work for Valve now.

He's not talking about the devs that made portal, he's talking about the studio that ported orange box to PS3. It was ported to 360 in house at valve, but was outsourced to someone else for PS3, and ran very poor.
 
He's not talking about the devs that made portal, he's talking about the studio that ported orange box to PS3. It was ported to 360 in house at valve, but was outsourced to someone else for PS3, and ran very poor.

Alright - thanks for clearing it up... :D

P.S. - I actually did not know that.
 
I'd guess its for PC support since a lot of users use their 360 controllers with their PC.
 
Back
Top