Crysis: Does the demo support Multicore or Not?

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
I can't figure it out. I've run Perfmon (VISTA) and it clearly stresses only 1 core; I can't believe they released a demo that doesn't support multicore if the final game DOES?

Does this make sense to anyone? I've read that multicore is disabled in the demo...why?

I can only hope that my quad will utilized to it's best ability because this game is a graphic beast.

Yes it does - there's many screenshots in the other Crysis demo threads showing it places load on multiple cores. Unevenly, but still spread out.

The GPU is the bottleneck for most people with this game, hence why there's a wide variance as to what everyone reports there cpu workload to be while playing.

i beleave its the OS that evens the load out among the cpu's.
in the tests iv ran on it it runs just as well on a single core A64 3700 (2.2ghz) with a 8800gts as it does on opteron 175(2.2ghz x2) with a 8800gtx i mean within 2-3fps
the only thing thats differant is the cpu load

Crysis demo uses 50% of 2 cores while the other 2 sit idle. Essentially, it's using 1 full core.

the demo runs both my cores at 100% load, the demo does not have quad core support tho. but the full game will.

iviewcapture_date_10_11_2007_time_2.jpg

That's while I'm trying to explode everything I see on the little cliff with the cafe.

Back