Crysis Anomolies

Wolf-R1

[H]ard|Gawd
Thread here for Crysis anomalies that you all have found. Fun, ridiculous, everything in between. Unfortunately for mine I didn't think to get screen shots last night while I ran into these while playing.

The first I have is one that's been reported elsewhere...the concept of a KPA's hat coming off after killing him. Then you can shoot the hat and it will show blood wounds and spatter blood.
Another is blood spatter decals, sometimes I've seen them hovering near a rock or on a very minor branch on a tree.
The best that I've run into however was when I was screwing around with the environment, I found a box and wanted to see if I could put a chicken into the box and make him stay there...lame I know but I was bored. So...got the wooden box, tossed it upright into a courtyard near a KPA outpost that had chickens, only this time I couldn't find any around so I went to the beach...grabbed a sand piper. Back at the box I tossed him in where he immediately jumped out and started walking away. So I grabbed him again and dropped him into the box. He hopped out but started walking in mid air! Not only that but he repeated the same motions over and over again. He'd take a couple of steps forward, look around, then step up. Like he was on the stairway to heaven. :D He repeated this until I couldn't see him in the sky anymore.

Anyone else found bizarre/stupid things in the game?

Oh yeah...couple of days ago I was looking in the freezer on a KPA fridge...not sure how but I moved closer to it and was somehow killed by it. :eek:

First one is an alien in the sky. It was just sitting there (it's arms or whatever were actually moving though). I haven't been able to spot it after exiting that session.

Not really a graphical glitch but I thought it was awesome how I managed to get a boat stuck on top of the rocks. This one I was attacking a small camp next to the water. I got all cocky and realized I was way outnumbered. My stealth kept getting shot down. So I went and stole one of their boats. As I make my escape I turn and aim at the shore taking them out, not paying attention to where I was going. The end result of my "bad driving" is below. :D

Sweet another Crysis thread. Playing on XP, I have seen none yet, though I'm sure I will. Farcry rocks. I especially love the water in Farcry. Speaking of farcry. Wasn't there another game very similar to it where you start off in the jungle trying to take out bad guys? Or is that farcry that I'm thinking of? I thought there was another game like that though. Can't think of the name.

Huts/Shacks stay up despite only have one pole to hold them up off the ground and all the weight is distributed several meters away (clearly wouldn't stand in real life)

First one is an alien in the sky. It was just sitting there (it's arms or whatever were actually moving though). I haven't been able to spot it after exiting that session.

Not really a graphical glitch but I thought it was awesome how I managed to get a boat stuck on top of the rocks. This one I was attacking a small camp next to the water. I got all cocky and realized I was way outnumbered. My stealth kept getting shot down. So I went and stole one of their boats. As I make my escape I turn and aim at the shore taking them out, not paying attention to where I was going. The end result of my "bad driving" is below. :D

that's not the alien...its just smoke...I'm not sure where from...plane perhaps?

that's not the alien...its just smoke...I'm not sure where from...plane perhaps?

it is an alien. go into editor and fly up to it and you will see

i got one its happened a few times when i shoot down a tree a piece of it stays floating it the air

Crysis2007-10-2712-47-15-71.jpg

then i have no clue what this is, maybe a driver or something but it has happened like 3 or 4 times

crysis2007-10-2700-05-08-79.jpg

then i just had to put this one on here because WOW this gun is a beast

Editor2007-10-2823-07-23-41.jpg

:eek:

What gun is that???

Sweet another Crysis thread. Playing on XP, I have seen none yet, though I'm sure I will. Farcry rocks. I especially love the water in Farcry. Speaking of farcry. Wasn't there another game very similar to it where you start off in the jungle trying to take out bad guys? Or is that farcry that I'm thinking of? I thought there was another game like that though. Can't think of the name.

Yes but this is more about the funny side rather than discussing the details of hardware and other BS related to it. I'm tired of reading everyone's gripes and bitching about it.

Forgot about this one: shot the windows of a truck out, and threw a grenade into the cab. Grenade landed on the seat.

Then I did the same process with another fresh truck, but this time threw a chicken into the cab. Chicken fell through the entire truck, hit the ground underneath, and died. :confused:

One of the most fun things to do is get a pick-up truck, hit the turbo, and then jump out. If it's going fast enough it'll blow up like a bomb whenever it hits something solid. I've done this to destroy hummers, boats, and even just a crowd of guys near a rock.

WTF

How can i enable to have that GUN in my demo?????????

step by step instructions?

in editor load island map and go to (on the right side of the screen) Archetype Entity/pickups/Weapons\advanced and its one of the TAC guns not sure witch one it is theres 2, one you can't pick up. but then double click it and place it somewhere you can get it then hit Ctrl-G and you will spawn, then enjoy oh and stand very far away!!!!!! lol

in editor load island map and go to (on the right side of the screen) Archetype Entity/pickups/Weapons\advanced and its one of the TAC guns not sure witch one it is theres 2, one you can't pick up. but then double click it and place it somewhere you can get it then hit Ctrl-G and you will spawn, then enjoy oh and stand very far away!!!!!! lol

How do i run the editor? all i got is the demo....sorry i am kinda lost :(

How do i run the editor? all i got is the demo....sorry i am kinda lost :(

go to your crysis folder ( mine is in c/program filesx86/electronic arts/crytek) then find the sandbox2 installer then install. then to run go to the same place(c/program filesx86/electronic arts/crytek) and in the bin32 folder run the big E file.

I ran full speed at a box and punched it (with strength enabled), and I died. :confused::eek:

which reminds me...I had a chicken in hand, ran at full speed, threw it and took damage from it as it somehow landed behind me and obliterated itself. :eek::confused:

I don't think that white light thing should be there, or maybe it's just something that I can't make out, since my rig in sig can only run low settings :(.

I don't think that white light thing should be there, or maybe it's just something that I can't make out, since my rig in sig can only run low settings :(.

Tee hee. That's the moon I think?

Dunno if this is because of my card being overclocked and it's just artifacting, but occasionally I will get these random "walls" during the game. They disappear when I look another way, but it seriously sucks when you're trying to shoot some baddies and it pops up and blocks your view.

Thats artifacting, your GPU is too hot and it is not calculating vertex data correctly.

By the hut where you get the intel on the General, if you go into the water that heads out to sea and the boat, under water behind you there are some rock textures that dont fit.

Also, swimming out to a boat does not get me shot at, driving a boat gets me blown up.

I've seen that same black spot

Thats artifacting, your GPU is too hot and it is not calculating vertex data correctly.

Thanks, thought as much.

Not surprisingly, Crysis is the only game that causes that. Well, guess I need to put my fan speed back to 100% when playing. *earprotection*

Also, despite it being a hack/roundabout way, getting some of the Very High effects to work make the game look so much more awesome. Despite getting only 10 FPS, I stopped at one point to look at the sun rising and I was impressed. :D

I was just listening to the soundtrack earlier. Get out of my head. D:<

You open up the editor, and spawn a few of them...you can hit F to enter them like any other vehicle.

Back