Crysis: 30-50fps HIGH config Looks Fab!

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all,

Despite me being a traditional dx10 advocator, I must admit in this game it's just not as good yet...funny, dx10 should be Faster...oh well.

First set to all high, then move shadows to Medium. Play DX9 (I have vista so I have to select that). Then put this in your autoexec.cfg (in base folder of crysis):

con_restricted=0
r_displayinfo=1
r_Fullscreen = 1
sys_preload = 1

r_useEdgeAA=2
r_depthoffield = 1
r_motionblur=0
r_colorgrading=0
r_SSAO=1
r_SSAO_quality=1
r_SSAO_radius=1
r_sunshafts=1
r_Beams = 3
r_BeamsMaxSlices=100
e_particles_thread = 1
g_blood = 1

e_screenshot_height=2690
e_screenshot_width=4200
e_screenshot_file_format=jpg

;tweaks below for performance
e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio = .7
e_lod_ratio = 4
e_detail_materials_view_dist_xy = 1024
e_terrain_texture_lod_ratio = 1.5
e_terrain_lod_ratio = 1.5

e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation=45 ;20 for performance
r_TexturesStreaming = 0

Enjoy! I'm amazed at the performance I get whereas earlier I was about to give up on this game in dx10 or 9 as I hate dropping below 30fps;;ruins it for me.

uhh i'm not sure what you mean by base folder but i made an autoexec.cfg folder in c->crytek->crysis sp demo and it wouldn't let me paste it into it, does this work on the demo or just the retail game?

I'm guessing by base he means the root folder.

And you need to make an autoexec.cfg text file, not a folder, and paste the text into it.

I'm guessing by base he means the root folder.

And you need to make an autoexec.cfg text file, not a folder, and paste the text into it.

Yes, he means the root folder.

It also works if you create a system.ini file in there instead of an autoexec.cfg (at least in the demo it did).

They look like great settings, for sure.
I notice he has sunshafts and edgeAA enabled in his .cfg.
Smart thing to do ;) (makes things look even better)

Nice OP, thanks. I'll be giving this a try when I get the game tomorrow. Your system is pretty similar to mine.

But really. Don't use "fab."

I admit Iam a big noob when it comes to this stuff so I'm not sure If I did what the OP was trying to say but I took some screenies.
I made an .ini file copy + pasted OP's specs and named that file autoexec.cfg. I then put that file in Crysis > Game > Config folder.
Not sure if its some placebo affect (I have no idea what my FPS was before this, but it wasnt playable above medium) but it seems to have worked:D very well. Most was standing still but when I was moving heavy fights avg fps was 30-35fps.

(btw I know the OP meant to suggest these tweaks for DX9 but I wanted to try out DX10)

Question: Is there any way to make the upper right text disappear or less visible? thanks

my specs: 6320 @3.2ghz, 4gb ram, 8800gts 320mb
settings: all high except for shaders.

Editing system.ini and autoexec to get a game to run well?

Jesus Christ, man. I thought we were past this! :D

Editing system.ini and autoexec to get a game to run well?

Jesus Christ, man. I thought we were past this! :D

Scratch that, I meant system.cfg.

And it isn't so much about getting the game to run well, as it is tweaking it to look EVEN prettier while sacrificing very little in the way of performance.

How do you get Crysis to run 64 bit under Vista..Scored the web and the v sync fix doesent work..I get blank screen and"stopped working"error..

edit..Had to unistall Nvidia network manager..All good under 64 bit now..

So is there any way to make the game run in DX9 using Vista, or do I need to dual boot Vista + XP?

right click on the icom in your games folder and select DX9 or add "-DX9" to your launch icon's default path to the .exe

These settings get me a pretty decent 30 fps in most areas, though still dips into the 20's at times. Note I am also running at 1280x1024,16xAF,2xAA.

A8N32-SLI
X2 4400+
2 GB
8800 GT KO
X-Fi

Looks much better than medium settings! I think the water was 2d on medium because I just now noticed now that there are 3d waves! :p

And this is completely random, but why does every animal die once you throw it? I was throwing those duck things into the water to see how they would react but they immediately die once they become airborne. WTF!

Can someone write step by step how they did the change. Thanks. Yeah, Yeah I'm a noob....

Can someone write step by step how they did the change. Thanks. Yeah, Yeah I'm a noob....

Inquiring minds wanna know..Ive been trying this for a while and cant seem to get it working..Does it go in the config folder or crysis folder??:confused:

The autoexec.cfg file goes in the base folder of your install. It's been stated numerous times. For me that happens to be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis

You create a new notepad document and paste in the changes that OP has said (and more if you want) and then save it. Rename the file to say "autoexec.cfg" (without the quotes).

The game is SO easy to tweak and there are so many options--it's impressive I skimmed the tweakguides.com page and it's amazing what you can tweak.

Also, thanks (OP) for this. I'm getting awesome performance (30-50, like you said :D) and the game looks spectacular. I run the x64-bit .exe in DX9 with the config you gave me in Vista on the computer in my sig. I'm using 163.75 ForceWare.

Sweet!

Im starting to think im the only person alive that is getting worse performance with this game when using DX9 and/or 64bit :(

Hi all,

Despite me being a traditional dx10 advocator, I must admit in this game it's just not as good yet...funny, dx10 should be Faster...oh well.

First set to all high, then move shadows to Medium. Play DX9 (I have vista so I have to select that). Then put this in your autoexec.cfg (in base folder of crysis):

con_restricted=0
r_displayinfo=1
r_Fullscreen = 1
sys_preload = 1

r_useEdgeAA=2
r_depthoffield = 1
r_motionblur=0
r_colorgrading=0
r_SSAO=1
r_SSAO_quality=1
r_SSAO_radius=1
r_sunshafts=1
r_Beams = 3
r_BeamsMaxSlices=100
e_particles_thread = 1
g_blood = 1

e_screenshot_height=2690
e_screenshot_width=4200
e_screenshot_file_format=jpg

;tweaks below for performance
e_lod_ratio = 4
e_detail_materials_view_dist_xy = 1024
e_terrain_texture_lod_ratio = 1.5
e_terrain_lod_ratio = 1.5

e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation=45 ;20 for performance
r_TexturesStreaming = 0

Enjoy! I'm amazed at the performance I get whereas earlier I was about to give up on this game in dx10 or 9 as I hate dropping below 30fps;;ruins it for me.

Using edge AA= lagg

Coronas = instant very high DX10 lightning (configured in postprocess.cfg) use it and compare the water effects during sun rise/set, major difference

lowering game LOD for performance is not ideal

Back