Crysis 3 - Single Player Gameplay Preview

Also is that suppose to be a crossbow? Looks like a regular bow to me. Anyways, not much else out there that is going to be deadly silent than a bow. Still too much mechanical noise from guns, even with a decent suppressor. Not to mention muzzle flash.
I take it you don't own a suppressor.

I do, and you're wrong. Gun won't cycle with my subsonic rounds so its a bit annoying, but its virtually silent and far more compact and with a greater range and higher accuracy than a crossbow, not to mention that you don't see where a shot comes from with a bullet.

The only logical reason to use a crossbow from a combat perspective is if you want to quietly launch specialized projectiles (tracking beacon, explosive charge, etc).

Looks good enough, never played Crysis 2.

I'd like to see a Stalker game with this engine.

My friend was at my house and pirated Crysis I, to see it run on my machine (because his couldn't). I played the game, beat it, and then I went to the store and bought the game plus the expansion

I didn't play or buy Crysis II because it was a crappy console port.

I wonder if they will continue to turn their nose at the PC community?

Couldn't agree more. 3 looks good and if it was coded for the PC community I'll buy it.

I always love the Crytek implausibility factor. They just amp it up to 11 every time. Just when I think the COD:MW series can get any more implausible, Crytek rolls up and shows how it's really done.

ZOMG! Free power! No! Now not free! Now you pay! HAHAHAHA. They set us up the bomb! Off to the camps because MONOPOLY! Or something.

Because, when AT&T was the only provider of phone service, we all went to camps. :rolleyes:

Really? You can account for every person in the world? :rolleyes:

Can't account for me.

What's with the poor water animation when the guys get electrocuted? Didn't look as dynamic as Crysis 1 even....

Crysis 1 just had sprites...

I'd like to see a Stalker game with this engine.

Yes!

I am excite about Crysis 3. Crysis 2 I never even finished (probably should) though crysis 1 I played a million times.
Game play in this has potential. Looks like the vid has been edited to mainly focus on action. Lets wait to see the pacing in the final game.

I take it you don't own a suppressor.

I do, and you're wrong. Gun won't cycle with my subsonic rounds so its a bit annoying, but its virtually silent and far more compact and with a greater range and higher accuracy than a crossbow, not to mention that you don't see where a shot comes from with a bullet.

The only logical reason to use a crossbow from a combat perspective is if you want to quietly launch specialized projectiles (tracking beacon, explosive charge, etc).

I don't own a suppressor, but have used plenty of them with the Army. Hardly silent. Yes, you can barely hear the actual shots, but the amount of mechanical noise coming from the gun is crazy. Especially when putting the gun on 3 round burst. With a sniper rifle, no one is going to hear the mechanical noises from the distance you're at though.

If you want to lay down a massive amount of firepower from further distance, a gun with suppressor would be the way to go. Should be far enough away that the noises can't be heard.

At closer ranges, it wouldn't be hard to pinpoint the location of the shoot from the noises coming from the gun cycling. Although, with a bow and arrow, wouldn't be hard to tell the general direction the arrow came from either. Unless you simply don't notice the guy getting killed next to you. Might as well take it a bit further and just kill them with a knife.

As for accuracy, it really all boils down to the shooter, than the weapon. Although, guns are easier to be accurate with, than a bow and arrow.

I don't own a suppressor, but have used plenty of them with the Army. Hardly silent. Yes, you can barely hear the actual shots, but the amount of mechanical noise coming from the gun is crazy. Especially when putting the gun on 3 round burst.
Silenced GUNS can be very silent, just because your equipment wasn't doesn't invalidate the point. My pistol does not have a lot of mechanical noise, nor is it capable of burst fire. But it can certainly shoot the same effective kill range as a crossbow, and its more compact to boot. Any hunters will tell you that you shouldn't take shots with a crossbow past 40 yards (most go for 20 yards to avoid merely injuring the animal), well within the range of a 9mm subsonic pistol with silencer.

Yes, its not perfectly whisper quiet, but there is no more noise from the slide than you get from the crossbow mechanism. Only thing the crossbow has on a silenced gun is delivering specialized arrowheads (say with a tracking device, explosive, whatever).

Silenced GUNS can be very silent, just because your equipment wasn't doesn't invalidate the point.

.. not to nitpick, but there is no such thing as "silenced" guns. Every gun, including the MP5SD6 - with has a built-in sound suppressor - will make some form of noise. I've fired suppressed .22's, and even they had a noise. Additionally, taking a bullet to subsonic velocities greatly reduces it's penetration and accuracy, thus the range.

Most suppressors are designed to change the sound so it's not as recognizable. A completely silent gun doesn't operate. A sound suppressed one sounds more like a nail gun.

With that in mind, I don't believe he's using a crossbow in Crysis, just firing sideways with a bow or compound bow. Those other types of bows are much quieter and shoot farther. From a military spec, it serves no other purpose but to provide reusable ammo. It's a fad in gaming to provide something "different" over the guns.

Back