Crysis 3 Beta Multiplayer Gameplay Tutorial

Not bad, so crash site is Crysis version of King of hill. Seems like its going to be fun.

Looks fun. Although with only 8 players on each side (PC) I wonder how large the maps will be.

Looks boring as shit. Not only it is slow (or "tactical" for you sensitive guys) as fuck, they've added some pretty crap gimmick like throwing objects at other players, using shields and such.

its funny to see how far this series has fallen since the BF style game play back in crysis 1.

Why does this feel like all the hype of Crysis2 in a new (barely) package? :(

Aren't you supposed to be able to get into the beta if you've pre-ordered the game via Origin?

Supposedly there's supposed to be somewhere to look for the access, but I cant find it, unless it was misinformation.

Looks boring as shit. Not only it is slow (or "tactical" for you sensitive guys) as fuck, they've added some pretty crap gimmick like throwing objects at other players, using shields and such.
All inflammatory negativity aside, I agree that it looks boring.

Think I'll sit this one out. Still burned a bit from buying Crysis 2 at launch and it having next to zero anti-cheat protection for multiplayer.

Downloaded not realizing there was no DX10 support. Just notched another reason to buy a new computer..

Will I have to rebuy this in 6 months when Cryis 3 Maximum edition comes out in order to get the DLC?

I love Crysis but now its through Origin, which not only is pure sh@t compared to Steam but last time I had it on my machine (BF3) it caused me no end of problems.

Also the biggest problem is....Its an EA Game meaning no anti cheat or there will be no game fixes whatsoever.

Give this one a miss.

EA will never get any of my money ever again, I still remember the lies that went along with MOH Airborne.

Not to bad, hunter mode is kinda cool. Actually runs pretty decent on my lowly stock clock i7 920 with dual 6950's, pretty much a steady 40fps with everything set to high.

I love Crysis but now its through Origin, which not only is pure sh@t compared to Steam but last time I had it on my machine (BF3) it caused me no end of problems.

While EA drives me nuts and outright pisses me off too often, and Steam is certainly far superior, how did Origin "cause problems" on your system? Or do you mean strictly with gaming?

Otherwise, it doesn't "do" anything, it's not malware.

Well, after playing the beta for a few minutes I noticed all the things wrong with the alpha are still there like no tessellation or any DX11 features, same crappy textures, and same lame performance. Now I don't know if it's just because its a beta or multiplayer part (which might have cut down graphics for performance reasons) as to the reason this stuff is missing.

Also, again, performance is pretty bad. Crysis 1 runs WAY better than this beta even though the textures are crap, no DX11, and the maps are a fraction the size of Crysis. I have it running at 2048x1536, no AA, max everything else (medium blur) and I'm clocking in like 25-30 fps. Now don't get me wrong, I know my system is no longer top of the line...but 25 fps? With these graphics? Something isn't right.

The more is see about Crysis 3 the less interested I become. It's the exact same as Crysis 2...just another prettied up console ports...PC graphics with all the console limitations!

Thanks Crytek!

Well, after playing the beta for a few minutes I noticed all the things wrong with the alpha are still there like no tessellation or any DX11 features, same crappy textures, and same lame performance. Now I don't know if it's just because its a beta or multiplayer part (which might have cut down graphics for performance reasons) as to the reason this stuff is missing.

Also, again, performance is pretty bad. Crysis 1 runs WAY better than this beta even though the textures are crap, no DX11, and the maps are a fraction the size of Crysis. I have it running at 2048x1536, no AA, max everything else (medium blur) and I'm clocking in like 25-30 fps. Now don't get me wrong, I know my system is no longer top of the line...but 25 fps? With these graphics? Something isn't right.

The more is see about Crysis 3 the less interested I become. It's the exact same as Crysis 2...just another prettied up console ports...PC graphics with all the console limitations!

Thanks Crytek!

It's that bad? If so, I'd think it's just due to being beta, but who knows. Crytek they they weren't going to "spare" PC, meaning really crank up the visuals for C3.

Is there an NDA on this? I'm wondering if there are already vids on YT of the beta and what it looks/runs like.

While EA drives me nuts and outright pisses me off too often, and Steam is certainly far superior, how did Origin "cause problems" on your system? Or do you mean strictly with gaming?

Otherwise, it doesn't "do" anything, it's not malware.

This...I've honestly NEVER had any issues with Origin. Besides the lack of games and certain features I actually like it more than Steam. Less clutter, better performance (starts MUCH faster), and zero problems.

I think most people that bash Origin either only used it when it was first released, hate EA so there for Origin sucks, or just hate in general with lies to compensate for their hate.

My only issue with Origin is lack of games...considering it's EA only that limits the number of games greatly. Plus, Origin rarely has super awesome sales like Steam does.

It's that bad? If so, I'd think it's just due to being beta, but who knows. Crytek they they weren't going to "spare" PC, meaning really crank up the visuals for C3.

Is there an NDA on this? I'm wondering if there are already vids on YT of the beta and what it looks/runs like.

NDA? I doubt it...I didn't see anything about though I didn't read the disclaimer either.

As to performance though, 25fps would be understandable if the beta was running with all its graphic features enabled (DX11, tessellation, HD textures, cloth and particle physics, etc) but there is NONE of that here. DX9 graphics all the way. So therefor, the performance I'm seeing now vs. the graphics on my screen = no sense. Like I said before, Crysis 1 looks and performs MUCH better in every aspect.

Plus, the developers a couple months ago even said that Crysis 3 will be playable either maxed out or nearly maxed out on a GTX 580. Dude said that shit...the fact that my PC is pretty awesome and my GPU is overclocked like a mother fucker and the game still runs this bad makes no sense. Something is wrong here...or performance is limited or something...CryEngine 3 is well optimized, no reason for this lack of performance.

Just my 2 cents of course...but play the game yourself and you'll see what I mean!

Thanks Crytek!

Played a few rounds as well. I dislike it like I did with crysis 2. Not worth buying.

Holy hell, you're right... what the fuck is up with the performance!?

My rig (in my sig) can run anything/everything completely maxed-out. I maxed everything in the beta, and I'm tanked at a steady 20-25fps. Completely fucks with the gameplay.

Not to mention the FOV, which was only adjustable once in the multiplayer menu, not the main game's menu, and is set at 85 at the highest, which makes my head feel like shit with a game this fast-paced.

It looks nice all around, though not uber high-res, and could see the gameplay being fun, IF you were able to play it smoothly with shit maxed-out. I refuse to drop the visuals in any game when the options to go higher exist, because my system can more than handle it. Fuck that.

Played a few matches, was sort of fun, but between the FOV (which almost made me feel dizzy) and the horrid fucking frame rate, it was difficult, especially given the pace of the game.

Oh, and mouse sensitivity when using iron sights is completely fucked. It changes compared to from-the-hip firing and is way too off. My aim started to improve while trying to get used to it, but it was almost impossible. I adjusted mouse sensitivity every which way, and aiming just feels off in general, but especially with iron sights.

No, I'm not pleased.

Seems the SLI profile wasn't included with the beta drivers (that and they didn't package nvidia update with it). Game seems to sit at 30 with vsync on with a single 680, but doesn't seem terribly justified in doing so. It looks OK but it's nothing super impressive, probably a cut down presentation for the multi player like a lot of other 360 games to keep the frame rate up.

They're launching UE4 with Fortnite, I doubt we will ever see a proper UT game ever again.

I hope this isn't true. If I see another modern military shooter I'm joining the Al Qaeda! So sick of them...feel like it's nothing but American propaganda...HEY KIDS! JOIN THE MILITARY SO YOU CAN BE JUST LIKE CAPTAIN PRICE! :rolleyes:

It's TIME for another Unreal Tournament. I hope Epic doesn't fail to deliver...

Yeah, UT2004 remake with the engine would be amazing. I doubt they learned anything from UT3, though. Blamed it on piracy instead.

Since you're already playing this, it does look bad, doesn't it? Lighting is wrong, colors feel washed out. I wonder why that is. SP videos seem to present way better visuals. Something fishy is going on here.

Yeah, UT2004 remake with the engine would be amazing. I doubt they learned anything from UT3, though. Blamed it on piracy instead.

Since you're already playing this, it does look bad, doesn't it? Lighting is wrong, colors feel washed out. I wonder why that is. SP videos seem to present way better visuals. Something fishy is going on here.

I have no idea. You can go look in the PC gaming section and see a ton of people that disagree with me though and see their "proof" as if I don't have eyes and can't see the obvious! Some are saying that all DX11 features are there minus tessellation, which obviously isn't true and lacks sense in every meaning of the word...but they are defending it!

Personally I see nothing in the beta that looks better than Crysis 1...nothing...in fact I still think Crysis 1 looks better, especially with the textures...but of course according to other people I'm dumb and wrong. I will say that I would like what ever these people are smoking that's for damn sure!

Here's the link:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1741482

Come join the good fight! I feel like I'm surrounded by blind apologists in here!!! :p

UT04 was the best 32 player twitch like FPS I ever played. I would be a damned shame if they never used the franchise again.

Bought the first Crysis, played like hot garbage on my gaming machine. Had no interest in buying Crysis 2. Played the beta for Crysis 3, and while it looks/plays better, it's not engaging enough for me to pay/play ahead of games like Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 or Battlefield 3.

Back