crysis 2

dinlee23

Gawd
is it worth getting or not? also is the multiplayer community active or is one of those games where mp is dead

The story is somewhat bad. If you played Crysis 1 and expect certain story elements to be present. You will be disaapointed. Basically the first Crysis had a good story going. Left at a good cliff hanger. In Crysis 2, it is if Crysis 1 didn't happen.

DX 11 patch is coming out and the visuals might redeem the game. But I don't know if you're a story person or a visual/graphics person.

The game isn't terribad like Duke Nukem Forever. But it's not perfect either. Just wait for it on sale and then get it. It's not worth the retail price, unless you want to see the DX 11 material and some nice visuals. Story in Crysis 2 is "meh" at best.

The story is somewhat bad. If you played Crysis 1 and expect certain story elements to be present. You will be disaapointed. Basically the first Crysis had a good story going. Left at a good cliff hanger. In Crysis 2, it is if Crysis 1 didn't happen.

DX 11 patch is coming out and the visuals might redeem the game. But I don't know if you're a story person or a visual/graphics person.

The game isn't terribad like Duke Nukem Forever. But it's not perfect either. Just wait for it on sale and then get it. It's not worth the retail price, unless you want to see the DX 11 material and some nice visuals. Story in Crysis 2 is "meh" at best.

Hey bro! Leave Duke out of it. He saved the world.

so i just installed crysis wars and the multiplayer is dead.... just played it 5 mins ago and there was only one server that had a real game going and around 5 or 7 servers with 6 or more people in it... officially the game is dead. im just asking if theres people playing online in crysis 2... i need a refresher from bfbc2 lol

lol... the plot in Crysis 1 was like straight out of a Sci-Fi channel original, at least the second game has Prophet and Hargreeve to lean on story wise.

Played Crysis 1, bought crysis 2 day of but was lucky & bought it 25% off on EA.com so i got it for like $30 at launch.

Honestly depends how much you want to pay. If you are paying $50-60 i would say its not worth it. Id say $30-40 is decent, and <$30 you should get it because its a fun AAA title.
I defend the game against the crysis 2 haters, but i am not (nor anyone else iv ever seen) am a crysis 2 lover. The single player is fun, but dont expect much from the story, personally i found it confusing and basically wasn't a fan. The graphics were beautiful, but definitively not graphics card destroying like we had hoped, we will see how the DX11 patch turns out. Any way you slice it, the game will be gorgeous in 5 days.
The multiplayer i dont have AS much knowledge on. I played it some at launch and found it to be fun, and certain aspects i even want in all FPS multiplayers. Id say last time i went on was a month ago and the servers will abundant and had a healthy multplayer still.
Overall, Crytek/EA totally fudged this game. They focused so intently on getting the mass appeal and sales and getting it onto console and "rebooting the story". They focused solely on the business aspect of making crysis 2, not the artistic aspect. And they have essentially admitted that now.
Overall like i said though, it all depends on the price. If your tight on cash and it goes for $55 where you want to buy it...id say save your money and pre-order BF3 or Skyrim or something and wait.

it's a flop... but in a few days there will be graphic qaulity upgrade so..your choice!

A flop in terms of sales means nothing. Some of the best quality art/entertainment has been a flop. And if you mean it was a flop in terms of content, i would say i disagree. If anything is a flop id say its the story but IMO you just ignore that and have fun with the SP.

Last edited:
at least the second game has Prophet and Hargreeve to lean on story wise.

Crysis 2 should have been Prophets story on the Island not this " OMG NEW YORK IS BEING ATTACKED MY ALIENS! OMG OMG!!!!"

Prophet was a VERY strong character in Crysis 1 and what they did to him in Crysis 2 was a dissapointment. Now Crysis 3 I can accept them attacking any major city after the conclusion of Crysis 1.

Funny how everyone is talking about everything except the gameplay...

The gameplay is arguably better in Crysis 2 than the original. It isn't as open as the first Crysis but does give you relative freedom to approach objectives as you see fit. The game is much more structured and directed, and that involves some instances of scripted events.

It isn't quite as fun as the first half of Crysis but is IMO a much better game overall given that stealth is far more viable against the aliens this time around. It is a good 8-10 hours long as well.

MP is somewhat alive on the consoles but is pretty much dead on PC.

Pretty much dead in MP like some people stated, especially in Australia, there are no active servers during the daytime and nightime, like only one or two, depending on the situation, hopefully when 1.9 hits and you can install DX11 it may increase the number of activity on multiplayer but I'm not holding my breath.

Pretty much dead in MP like some people stated, especially in Australia, there are no active servers during the daytime and nightime, like only one or two, depending on the situation, hopefully when 1.9 hits and you can install DX11 it may increase the number of activity on multiplayer but I'm not holding my breath.

that sucks... guess im not buying it anytime soon then. I'll probably buy it when it goes down to 30 bucks

I couldn't see much difference between the dx9 screens of crysis 2 vs the dx11 screens. The differences are VERY subtle. The bricks in the dx11 version look nice though. ;)

Oh please, it was a decent FPS....people like to complain a lot here. MP is generic and just ok. Get it on sale and have fun.

The multiplayer servers arent stable, they go offline sometimes.. and the single player game play is too easy and boring.

The multiplayer servers arent stable, they go offline sometimes.. and the single player game play is too easy and boring.

Easy? I never found Crysis 2 to be terribly easy, maybe you were playing on normal difficulty?

Anyway, Crysis 2 is a reasonably good game. I liked most of the single player, though I wouldn't recommend paying full price for it mostly because I dont like paying $60 for anything other than near perfection. The multiplayer wasn't terrible, but not all that good either and I think its pretty much dead now, which is the fate of most MP games that aren't BF and COD these days. If you're expecting the big environments of Crysis 1 you might be disappointed, but the level design IMO is still good and better than the recent COD games. It took me about 12 hours to complete, taking my time and occasionally dying.

I never really appreciated the big levels in C1 because at the end of the day it was still linear objectives and I wasn't awed enough to go "wow, I wonder what happens if I appear on the other side of the rock before I attack this next random KPA outpost!", so I found the Crysis 2 level design to be quite adequate. It still gives you options on how you want to tackle each battle, its just the battles are separated by linear sections where as C1 they were separated by more open areas you had to traverse.

I thought it was a lot of fun. While not quite as open as crysis one there were still a lot of different paths to take. The difficulty was good and I found that there were many ways to play through each level and that the game had decent replay value.

I would say yes get it.

I have a more detailed opinion written up in this thread

Back