• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis 2...

I don't have a P4 nor do I have a 7600gt... I beat the game. AND IT STILL SUCKS!. You can shine up a turd all you want, but at the end of the day its still a turd.

Shame you think so, oh well.

Stop playing the game like COD4 and use your imagination!
 
That Consumer pays there mortgage.

Sure. But the thing is, PC gaming used to be about pushing the envelope. Developers made PC games first, console games second.

Right about the time that developers shifted to console first, the mindset of the median PC gamer changed from wanting games to break their video cards to wanting games to run great on whatever hardware he has around at the highest resolution their display is capable of.

Some of us remember when PC gaming was supposed to be about advancing the art, rather than recycling it.
 
Will reserve judgement until I can actually play a demo or something. I thought the 1st one was ok...just did not bother with Warhead (Too many damn games to play).
 
If it comes out consolized then forget it. They need to fix the multiplayer in the crysis games since it gets boring pretty fast.
 
If it comes out consolized then forget it. They need to fix the multiplayer in the crysis games since it gets boring pretty fast.

Explain please. The only time I actually tried Crysis Wars was at the LAN Fest Colorado and it was a blast.
 
Sure. But the thing is, PC gaming used to be about pushing the envelope. Developers made PC games first, console games second.

Right about the time that developers shifted to console first, the mindset of the median PC gamer changed from wanting games to break their video cards to wanting games to run great on whatever hardware he has around at the highest resolution their display is capable of.

Some of us remember when PC gaming was supposed to be about advancing the art, rather than recycling it.

Im all for advancing the art, I am an artist myself. But when you come out with a game that is supposed to be "Cutting Edge" well sure the graphics are cutting edge, but everything else is recycled. Why not have the game be cutting edge on all levels of the artistic pallet rather than just the visuals?. How about the art of storytelling? Or the art of immersion.
 
Im all for advancing the art, I am an artist myself. But when you come out with a game that is supposed to be "Cutting Edge" well sure the graphics are cutting edge, but everything else is recycled. Why not have the game be cutting edge on all levels of the artistic pallet rather than just the visuals?. How about the art of storytelling? Or the art of immersion.

Well sure, but if anybody was looking for storytelling in Crysis, they really should have been looking elsewhere. Crysis was always about the graphics.

There are some good story games out there (System Shock I/II, BioShock, Cryostasis [to a certain extent), but they rarely have visuals on the level of something like Crysis...but nobody realistically expected them to, so its ok.

I'm not saying Crysis is the perfect game. I'm just saying it gets a lot of shit because it was demanding, which is what PC gaming used to be all about.

And honestly, the last time I remember feeling immersed in a game was roundabout Thief: The Dark Project. Everything since has paled by comparison.

Immersion is dead, and it will be until developers quit putting fucking "Press X To Not Die" prompts on screen during a game. That shit will make me turn off almost any game.
 
Explain please. The only time I actually tried Crysis Wars was at the LAN Fest Colorado and it was a blast.

It depends, every time i went on crysis wars online it wasn't ever organized. Everyone just ran around like a one man army lol. It might be different on a lan since everyones there but usually online its pretty unorganized.
 
It depends, every time i went on crysis wars online it wasn't ever organized. Everyone just ran around like a one man army lol. It might be different on a lan since everyones there but usually online its pretty unorganized.

I find that to be the way on every online game when there is no clan organizing the skirmish.
 
I guess I was just expecting to much from the game, I knew the graphics would be great, I knew my system would be tested, I just figured the storyline would match the graphics and when it didn't I just felt really disillusioned. Basically the game kept me wanting more, in a bad way.
 
I honestly dont think that Crytek will make the game dumbed down in a noticable way. It will just by like current games that run at a great graphics and dont eat your system whole.
 
Wow, so much hate. Maybe it's the old-school gamer in me, but I'm a sucker for immersive single player games. Loved Crysis, loved Warhead, and I'm very much looking forward to this! :D

(Yes, I also liked Doom 3 and Quake 4. If I want multiplayer action, that's what World of Warcraft is for.)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
On a side note, judging by the videos, the engine appears to be a heavily tweaked/refined version of the CryEngine 2, which is good because the old engine already performs well on the PC, so hopefully console development won't hinder PC performance.

By the way, keep it outdoors, open, and no science-fiction!!! The single biggest annoyance about Far Cry and Crysis was when it went to the totally lame indoors claustrophobic sci-fi channel crap. I loved Warhead so much because it heavily reduced the sci-fi garbage and was a whole lot more outdoor run and gun gameplay.
 
to bad COD4 looks 100 times better on the 360 then it did on most computers..

sure some games look horrible on a console then they do on pc.. but there are are some games on console that just blow the pc versions out of the water due to companies being lazy asses when it comes to porting a game to PC.. ahem.. gta4 ahem...

no matter what they do crysis 2 will probably suck just as much as the first one.. along with being even more unplayable then the first..

Lol, what? Any recent PC can run CoD4 better than the consoles. I've got a 7900GTX lying around here somewhere that'd run it just as well, if not better.
 
If it comes out consolized then forget it.

Yeah, I'm still sorta jaded from how Deus Ex 2 turned out.

Otherwise, I'll pick up the next Crysis installment. I enjoyed despite it bringing my setup to its knees.
 
Well sure, but if anybody was looking for storytelling in Crysis, they really should have been looking elsewhere. Crysis was always about the graphics.

There are some good story games out there (System Shock I/II, BioShock, Cryostasis [to a certain extent), but they rarely have visuals on the level of something like Crysis...but nobody realistically expected them to, so its ok.

I'm not saying Crysis is the perfect game. I'm just saying it gets a lot of shit because it was demanding, which is what PC gaming used to be all about.

And honestly, the last time I remember feeling immersed in a game was roundabout Thief: The Dark Project. Everything since has paled by comparison.

Immersion is dead, and it will be until developers quit putting fucking "Press X To Not Die" prompts on screen during a game. That shit will make me turn off almost any game.

Oh look someone cloned my brain and put it into another body which also happens to post on [H]ardforum.

Seriously I couldn't agree more, games are just as diverse as movies and TV episodes are. You don't complain that Terminator has too much violence and visuals not enough depth for the characters or enough of a romantic plot, we all understand the genre and we all understand what we're getting when arnie is on the front cover holding a gun which should in all fairness be mounted on the side of a frigate.

Somehow games have to have everything otherwise they're rubbish? It's some odd high standard they're unfairly objected too, lets face it games like Crysis and even FarCry back in the day were practically tech demos in fact FarCry WAS a tech demo for Nvidia before it branched off and became its own stand alone game. We should all understand this now really.

As far as immersion goes, I agree totally about Thief, I think a few games since then have done well, Bioshock was pretty good all told and a few others have sparked a bit with me, but I dont think we'll ever see game design like the original Thief games again, in a way that is exclusively for PC with no compromise in quality to support a wider audience.

I measure this kind of thing in the amount of times I read "I'm upgrading my rig for this game", not always because the game is demanding, just that the quality is so high it's worth going belt and braces for an unbelieveable experience.
 
Hi, my name is Mark...





...and I liked Crysis. I also liked Crysis: Warhead. I am also looking forward to Crysis 2.


Same here. I haven't gotten around to Warhead yet (it's on my 'to play' list for the Summer...I'm late to the party, I know) but I really enjoyed Crysis. I think I played through it a solid 2 or 3 times and I enjoyed it each time through. It never really got that old or stale for me.
 
Well sure, but if anybody was looking for storytelling in Crysis, they really should have been looking elsewhere. Crysis was always about the graphics.

There are some good story games out there (System Shock I/II, BioShock, Cryostasis [to a certain extent), but they rarely have visuals on the level of something like Crysis...but nobody realistically expected them to, so its ok.

I'm not saying Crysis is the perfect game. I'm just saying it gets a lot of shit because it was demanding, which is what PC gaming used to be all about.

And honestly, the last time I remember feeling immersed in a game was roundabout Thief: The Dark Project. Everything since has paled by comparison.

Immersion is dead, and it will be until developers quit putting fucking "Press X To Not Die" prompts on screen during a game. That shit will make me turn off almost any game.

Totally agree.

I guess I was just expecting to much from the game, I knew the graphics would be great, I knew my system would be tested, I just figured the storyline would match the graphics and when it didn't I just felt really disillusioned. Basically the game kept me wanting more, in a bad way.

I suppose they could have made the story telling in a manner that's fully scripted and sequenced like COD4 and the Half Life series (which are renown for telling engaging and immersive stories), but the point was to embrace as much of the openness of the world and sandbox gameplay as possible. So rather then having them tell you an engaging story, they made a loose (maybe even generic) storyline so that you could fill in all the details on your own with your own imagination. Think of it like Ad-Libs. Yeah, it may feel a bit arcade-like killing Koreans and then aliens, but how you go about it is the whole fun factor! :cool:

Have you ever sent a burning Hummer flying towards an oncoming Hummer filled with Korean soldiers? The huge explosion and ball of flames that ensue as a result of that move is almost straight out of an action movie! :D Or how about shooting down a tree to take out a group of soldiers? :D Or cloaked long enough to bring an oil barrel close enough to a group of soldiers, shooting it, and making it explode? :D Or even beating down a solider with a frying pan?? :D

It's these little details which make the game sooooooo much fun to play. It made me laugh on so many occasions just doing all these ridiculous things that could not be pulled off in other games. And I haven't even mentioned the amount of fun and craziness that you can also get from Crysis Wars as well! :D

I mean I totally understand what you're getting at about story telling. But really, in this point of time in all the world's literature, what story can still be told now that hasn't already been told? The themes are still relatively the same with the main differences being the details in the characters and setting. You know what I mean? ;)
 
IMO. its people like you guys who constantly bashed crysis that made most if not ALL developers scared to try and push the envelope in graphical terms for pc's.

this is what pc gaming WAS all about before some people started bitching about crysis not running on your 8800gtx card. Now all we get is console ports. i dare anyone name me ONE PC exclusive game that has come out after crysis that has taxed our systems.

my 260gtx card i bought a year ago still hasnt broken any sweat and i dont see any of the up and coming PC games that will stress test my graphics card.

MW2? LOL your kidding me, Battlefield bad company 2? LOL yea right. Left for dead 2? i could play that on my pentium 4 machine.

sad times for us pc users and i dont blame piracy, i blame the people who moaned and cried about crysis a game that attempted to push graphical technology to the limit.
 
IMO. its people like you guys who constantly bashed crysis that made most if not ALL developers scared to try and push the envelope in graphical terms for pc's.

this is what pc gaming WAS all about before some people started bitching about crysis not running on your 8800gtx card. Now all we get is console ports. i dare anyone name me ONE PC exclusive game that has come out after crysis that has taxed our systems.

my 260gtx card i bought a year ago still hasnt broken any sweat and i dont see any of the up and coming PC games that will stress test my graphics card.

MW2? LOL your kidding me, Battlefield bad company 2? LOL yea right. Left for dead 2? i could play that on my pentium 4 machine.

sad times for us pc users and i dont blame piracy, i blame the people who moaned and cried about crysis a game that attempted to push graphical technology to the limit.


i can name one that came out before crysis.. a little unknown game called supreme commander.. to bad nvidia sucked arse back when the game came out and had no support for dual displays while in SLI otherwise it would of been even more bad ass to run SLI or crossfire on that game..

but honestly.. i have no problems with them pushing the envolope.. but for the love of god.. actually make a game thats worth a damn.. crysis was boring as hell.. crysis warhead though better then crysis was STILL BORING!! ill take less eye candy with a better game play experience any day..

who knows.. maybe one day some one will come out with a game thats actually worth playing for more then 2 days and will actually force me to get rid of my 8800GT.. though i dont see that day coming anytime soon..
 
maybe crysis 2 will be in a city setting...a city in the year 2050 setting...

that would be nice...
 
It all depends what they consider the "core" experience.

With Crysis they built the game around DX9 (SM2.0 and it was still pretty demanding) with the extra DX10 effects being gravy that added to the experience without missing anything paramount.

With Crysis 2, the "core" experience will have to be built around one of the consoles. This will ensure that the largest audience gets to play the game the way the developers intended it to be played. PC gamers will get a lot more of those "niceties" that look pretty cool but can be played without.
 
Well sure, but if anybody was looking for storytelling in Crysis, they really should have been looking elsewhere. Crysis was always about the graphics.

There are some good story games out there (System Shock I/II, BioShock, Cryostasis [to a certain extent), but they rarely have visuals on the level of something like Crysis...but nobody realistically expected them to, so its ok.

I'm not saying Crysis is the perfect game. I'm just saying it gets a lot of shit because it was demanding, which is what PC gaming used to be all about.

And honestly, the last time I remember feeling immersed in a game was roundabout Thief: The Dark Project. Everything since has paled by comparison.

Immersion is dead, and it will be until developers quit putting fucking "Press X To Not Die" prompts on screen during a game. That shit will make me turn off almost any game.

IMO a focus on graphics is advancing nothing but pixels and polys on screen. Crysis was a beautiful, well optimized game (I ran it on an AMD 3700 and 8600 GPU) but in the end it's an almost painfully easy game on any setting. I loved Crysis and WH and I'd love to see more Cryengine based games, but I'd also like a better challenge from the AI. Something that will really push the quad cores along with the GPU.

And BTW, you can headshot your way through this game without much effort at all, but I see the 'six shots to the head' myth still persists. :rolleyes: Psst, Vista uses a lot of RAM. :p
 
IMO a focus on graphics is advancing nothing but pixels and polys on screen. Crysis was a beautiful, well optimized game (I ran it on an AMD 3700 and 8600 GPU) but in the end it's an almost painfully easy game on any setting. I loved Crysis and WH and I'd love to see more Cryengine based games, but I'd also like a better challenge from the AI. Something that will really push the quad cores along with the GPU.

And BTW, you can headshot your way through this game without much effort at all, but I see the 'six shots to the head' myth still persists. :rolleyes: Psst, Vista uses a lot of RAM. :p

Yeah the stock AI can be pretty lackluster, even in Delta mode. However, I've tried some of the AI tweaks from the CCC Mod and OH MY GOD the AI transforms into a monster! :eek: If it's a challenge in the game that you're looking for, look for those kinds of mods. ;)
 
I hope in this sequel they don't disappoint with short story and add some more mystery and variations in the missions (apart from than just shooting and killing)
 
I'm still looking forward to this but a lot less than I was now that I know it's going to be a console port, in essence. And I love the first game and Warhead as well.
 
Crysis gameplay was decent. Yeah, the AI kind of sucked though.
 
I didn't think Crysis was bad, the first 1/3-1/2 where you fight the Koreans was a lot of fun. The aliens, VTOL flying level, flat characters, weak story, and dumb boss ending kinda ruin the second half.

Warhead was fun, although the story is still cheesy.
 
Yeah I saw this to, I always hoped for crysis to be on 360 but now I dont care cuz I'm building a new gaming rig, But I still might get it.
 
For the $10 I paid for Crysis a few weeks ago, I got my money's worth. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the game given all the bashing it has received. I finished the game 10 minutes ago, and though I'm not the type to replay a game through, I will be going back to spend some more time in certain areas.

In my opinion, it's a solid FPS game that gives you a number of ways of playing it through, without being overwhelming. The story line is decent. Not bad, not great. The suit options made it fun for me. The weapons were standard for a FPS. The negatives that others have pointed out I generally won't disagree with, but it's perspective. For example, I agree the VTOL flying portion was weak, but that was a very, very short portion of the game. I was able to overlook its shortcomings and enjoy its strong points, which included seeing how far I could push my machine.
 
i enjoyed crysis 2 and cw. as others have stated i would like to see different enviroments. jungle is getting a bit old.
 
Back
Top