Crysis 2 Multiplayer

YamahaAlex37

[H]ard|Gawd
I am debating buying this, and I was hoping anyone who has the game could tell me how full the servers are (I wish I could find online somewhere a list of servers). Thanks.

I personally haven't played in a few months but I just checked the servers, filtering out empties, and there are 18-20 servers that are populated with <130ms and there was a total of 72 populated servers including the ones with terrible pings and a total of 507 servers including the unpopulated servers. So only 14% of the running servers are being used. Definitely no where as populated as it was last time I played, but I suppose enough servers to still be able to play.

It's really hard to recommend buying the game in this state unless you're really hardcore into Crysis or able to get the game for like 5 bucks. I can't really say it's worth getting if you are just curious to check it out. It's funny when Homefront and Crysis 2 came out there was a sort of rift amongst FPS players of which game was better than the other, but now look at both of them barely holding on.

[e]Just realized this was in the general gaming section but I assume you're talking about the PC release. If not then disregard this info heh.

I personally haven't played in a few months but I just checked the servers, filtering out empties, and there are 18-20 servers that are populated with <130ms and there was a total of 72 populated servers including the ones with terrible pings and a total of 507 servers including the unpopulated servers. So only 14% of the running servers are being used. Definitely no where as populated as it was last time I played, but I suppose enough servers to still be able to play.

It's really hard to recommend buying the game in this state unless you're really hardcore into Crysis or able to get the game for like 5 bucks. I can't really say it's worth getting if you are just curious to check it out. It's funny when Homefront and Crysis 2 came out there was a sort of rift amongst FPS players of which game was better than the other, but now look at both of them barely holding on.

[e]Just realized this was in the general gaming section but I assume you're talking about the PC release. If not then disregard this info heh.

Thank you very much for checking, I was talking about PC so thats really good to know, I guess for $20 it's not really worth it? I was just looking for some multiplayer action until BF3... guess I will have to stick with BFBC2

Thank you very much for checking, I was talking about PC so thats really good to know, I guess for $20 it's not really worth it? I was just looking for some multiplayer action until BF3... guess I will have to stick with BFBC2

Save your money and stick with BFBC2. Crysis 2 is not where its at for MP.

Crysis 2 multiplayer is half dead, during day time here in Australia nobody plays it, if I filter out all the empties I can only see like 30 servers only.

paid $60 for it at release and played it for about 12 hours (SP & MP), I spent more time than that holding the AT4 in BC2, and much more while holding the RPG7, and MUCH MUCH more holding the CG :D

I thought Crysis 2's multiplayer was alright for what it was. Killstreaks weren't overpowered and there was some attempt at discouraging camping by requiring players to run over their kills' corpses to get a point towards unlocking a killstreak. It's a bit of a shame it died so quickly.

I logged in the other day to attempt to play it..next to zero populated servers =/

I did not like the feel of it at all, played 5 minutes and gave up, I'm used to COD style multiplayer, too big of a change for me!

I thoroughly enjoyed the single player, but I thought Multiplayer was extremely mediocre. The game tried to be CoD with supersuits, but honestly normal CoD is way more fun and has better map design and more weapon variety. Last time I checked the servers had people but not a ton, but I have not checked in a long time.

Would be cool if they did a Living Legends for Crysis 2, but they already said that it would be too much work.

I bet Crysis Wars is more populated. I found it to be a much more fun MP experience as long as no hackers were around.

Deader than elvis and 3x as expected. If you absolutely MUST ripoff cod, it would be best to at least do it well.

I forgot about this thread...

I bought Crysis 2 a day after this thread, I wanted to hold off but I couldn't and I'm really glad I didn't. It seems to me Crysis 2 has a really undeserved bad reputation. I remember everyone was really hyped for it, then I think it all started when they announced no dx11, and everyone got there panties in a bunch, and now u compare the screens of dx9 and dx11 and it's like... wait, what difference?

I think the game looks amazing and plays way smoother than the first Crysis. Smooth is really the only word I can think of to describe it, the controls and mechanics just feel comfortable. Anyways I have been addicted to the multilayer everyday since I bought it, I am at level 23 and have a lot more to unlock.

It is too bad the multilayer community isn't bigger, but it really isn't bad. 24/7 (i play at odd times sometimes) there are at least 5 servers with 16/16 that I can try to join, and quite a few less full ones if not.

I don't often get addicted to a game, CS, BF2, BFBC2, and this is about it. It hasn't been very long, but still I highly recommend this game for $20 or less.

I agree. I don't think it was deserving of the bad rap it got. I mean, EA definitely botched the launch with all the CD key / authentication problems and stuff people had the first week, but those have since been fixed. DX11 was patched in which was the other big complaint. I haven't had a single problem with it since I bought it on Day 1.

I do wish there were more populated servers though. It can be hard to find one with a decent ping time since it seems most of the populated ones are outside of NA at this point.

If I could play Crysis 2 multiplayer for free I would have. Honestly from my previous experience while the gameplay isn't competitive, it was fun fragfest that I could jump in for couple of hours per day to shoot some and get out. The players were really below average though. Everybody calls you a hacker and they think adjusting the FOV is a cheat. Good times never the less. R.I.P !

Glad you don't regret your purchase. I suppose if you're just getting this to pass time until September/November releases then it could be worth it.

If I could play Crysis 2 multiplayer for free I would have. Honestly from my previous experience while the gameplay isn't competitive, it was fun fragfest that I could jump in for couple of hours per day to shoot some and get out. The players were really below average though. Everybody calls you a hacker and they think adjusting the FOV is a cheat. Good times never the less. R.I.P !

I think maybe the players have gotten a bit better since it came out? A lot of the servers are clan servers, I see quite a bit of clans, so I think the competition is about right. It does kind of have a steep learning curve though the game seemed a bit out of control at first, but once I understood I usually finish in the top 3. Priming a nade and throwing it in a control point during crash site is the best part haha.

Back