Crysis 2 GDC 2010 Off-Screen Demo Reel Footage

Almost all of that was console footage which looked worse compared to the first Crysis. Especially the smoke and physics.

Oh well. Here's hoping they release some more PC videos later.

Everyone complained that Crysis couldn't be run, but you have to hand it to them for creating a game so taxing it still looks amazing two years later. People complained they couldn't run the game, so now they've dumbed down Crysis for consoles and ported it to pc. You reap what you sew.

I still think that the PC version will be able to scale up in IQ and effecta, and of course resolution, textures, etc....

It looks good. But sadly like the first one its going to probably make me wanting more. In a bad way. Blowing things up only goes so far, I need story elements man, something to shoot for.

Imo, I agree with the 2nd poster. I expected more. At least it isn't a step back (hopefully). But again, if Crytek's business strategy this round wasn't reaching out to the middle consumer, we would be seeing Crysis 2 that exhibits a jump in visual quality maybe 50% of the delta between Crysis and Far Cry. Instead it look to be barely on par. I am excited for the deferred lighting system, and the real time G.I. I just hope they make good use of PCs and max out DX11 hardware. Unfortunately I think we'll see a 10% increase in visual quality (meaning it is "oh this new feature looks cool" instead of "WOW what an improvement over the last game")

Honestly it looked pretty okay, but somewhat disappointing.... except the deferred lighting PC clip. Hopefully there is more of that to come.

Lol realistic facial structures.. they showed the PC version. I wonder how the console versions must look :p.

I'm diffidently going to get the PC version, but you guys have to admit the PC shots they showed looked pretty damn good still.

Hopefully they learned a lesson with the original crysis. Less focus on graphics more on gameplay!

Everyone complained that Crysis couldn't be run, but you have to hand it to them for creating a game so taxing it still looks amazing two years later. People complained they couldn't run the game, so now they've dumbed down Crysis for consoles and ported it to pc. You reap what you sew.
well said. blame 90% of the people in this forum who bitched and moaned in the first place.

well done. instead of seeing a true sequal that again pushes our systems to its knees, we see a consoel port. Again well fucking done lads

well said. blame 90% of the people in this forum who bitched and moaned in the first place.

well done. instead of seeing a true sequal that again pushes our systems to its knees, we see a consoel port. Again well fucking done lads

It doesn't have a lot to do with us. Crytek knew who they were targeting. Those people bought the game. Then Crytek became a big name, and publisher demands changed. Now they want to go after a $22B console industry. Of course they're going to dumb it down. 90% of the people complaining about how hard Crysis pushes your machine were also promoting it and were responsible for the $1M + sales (was it 1.5? forget).

The only reason Crysis succeeded was because of how ground breaking the tech was. In fact, that marketing mix was so successful they're doing the same thing in the console space. Promoting how ground breaking their console tech is. It's just that PC ends up getting a console port because you can't effectively target two markets at once. So don't blame the people who whined about how hard Crysis pushed their systems - those people were the reason Crysis sold as well as it did, and the reason Crytek grasped such an auspicious branch in the industry. Blame the desire for money shifting Crytek's target towards the console market.

I'm diffidently going to get the PC version, but you guys have to admit the PC shots they showed looked pretty damn good still.

The Psycho portion looked great. Regardless we can all tell that despite the advances in their engine, the targeted spec is lower, and so we will not see the maximum implementation like we did with Crysis.

I hope they put more effort into developing the PC version than they have promoting it,just about everything I see in that demo is from the console version.

I thought the PC portions of the video were pretty impressive. However I am more concerned about that cover system and it looked like the enemies were wearing some weird suits too. At least Prophet is back.

why are you complaining about it, the game is still the best looking game out there on pc and pretty soon will be console.

On one hand, I'm very glad that we'll be fighting humanoid enemies again. The alien portions of Crysis were not nearly as fun as the Korean army portions — I think almost everyone agrees on that. So I'm glad for the weird plot change, but I'm really curious how they explain the fact that the aliens are now humanish. Seems like they would win the war a lot easier if they were fighting with flying Matrix squid robots.

The Psycho portion looked great. Regardless we can all tell that despite the advances in their engine, the targeted spec is lower, and so we will not see the maximum implementation like we did with Crysis.

i'll request a ban on myself if the PC version holds no improvements over the console version

i'll request a ban on myself if the PC version holds no improvements over the console version

You won't have to. It'll look better than console version, but it won't max out a pc like Crysis did. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on your perspective.

the one that thought fps on console controllers would be a good a idea should be hanged

the one that thought fps on console controllers would be a good a idea should be hanged

Hanging is too good for them,unless it's by an extremity considerably lower than the neck!:mad: I really don't understand the console makers refusal to offer direct keyboard/mouse support for FPS games. It's the only way a FPS should be played.

The Live-Creation tool looks really cool. And destructible city environment looks orgasmic.

How the mighty have fallen. Well, at least if their CryEngine 3 takes off we won't be stuck with endless UE3 console ports. We'll be stuck with endless UE3 and CryEngine 3 console ports. Yay.

How the mighty have fallen. Well, at least if their CryEngine 3 takes off we won't be stuck with endless UE3 console ports. We'll be stuck with endless UE3 and CryEngine 3 console ports. Yay.

I personally love UE3 and play tons of games made with it... and I hope you are right and that doubles with tons of games made from ce3!!!

I'm a fan of Crysis and warhead. I have played through em both at least 3 times a piece and seperate run throughs on certain levels more than that. Looking foward to the next installment,

Back