Crysis 2 Demo, Xbox 360, 1/25/11

I'm curious how this game will pan out. It seems like Crytek has decided to make this one less focused on pushing engine boundaries and instead (*gasp*) to actually make it a good game like Far Cry was.
This will probably be a PC purchase for me, but I really do want to give the 360 version a go and see what they were able to do with it.

Would anyone happen to have a spare Xbox Live trial code laying around? I reeeeally want to play the demo, but I haven't been subscribed to Live in a long time, and I plan to get the game for PC.

Would anyone happen to have a spare Xbox Live trial code laying around? I reeeeally want to play the demo, but I haven't been subscribed to Live in a long time, and I plan to get the game for PC.

I just tried using a live trial code, still wouldn't let me download the demo because it is not strictly a "gold" account.

Same thing with bulletstorm. This paying for exclusive demos is bullshit.

I hate it when devs do crap like this. It was the same thing with the first Bioshock. They release the demo for the console version before the PC version.
In Crysis 2's case, it's worse, since Xboxers get the demo months before the PC gets it...

I hate it when devs do crap like this. It was the same thing with the first Bioshock. They release the demo for the console version before the PC version.
In Crysis 2's case, it's worse, since Xboxers get the demo months before the PC gets it...

The xbox version is reported to be suffering from issues, unlike the PC. This also gives the devs time to correct the issues.

Biggest issue noted by hands on play: noticable lag in controller input.

I would assume the MP on the Xbox is peer to peer compared to dedicated servers (like the PC). They would need xtra time with the 360 version then.

I just tried using a live trial code, still wouldn't let me download the demo because it is not strictly a "gold" account.

Wow, that's pretty shitty. I've subbed to XBL for the past 4 years, but that kind of crap is still retarded and annoys me. Good to know though.

Not impressed at all with the demo. It just doesn't feel right. Like a PC game and a console game mixed together yet doesn't belong on either. Having to switch in and out of armor mode is a annoyance. The map is to small and boring. The gameplay isn't fast or slow and just bland with sluggish controls.

Here's hoping for a PC demo instead.

You could try a site like digiex.net which should have the demos soon, and playing with the code. You would just need to throw it on a USB drive or something.

The game felt very blurry to me. How does it compare to other xbox titles. I am used to playing things on the PC which has higher resolution textures so I don't think comparing it to PC games would be a fair comparison.

I though it was fun although having to switch into armor mode was annoying. I liked how in the original armor mode was always active. It felt like a mix of call of duty and UT to me.

This is the first game that has ever felt like a PC game that was ported to console and not the other way around (at least to me)

Last edited:
I'm downloading the demo to see what it's like, but this is a game I know I'm buying for PC.

I'm downloading the demo to see what it's like, but this is a game I know I'm buying for PC.

if this going to be 6vs6 for pc, I'll pass :( If anything, this map feels smaller then the maps on Black ops or MW2

if this going to be 6vs6 for pc, I'll pass :( If anything, this map feels smaller then the maps on Black ops or MW2

I think it really depends on what the map variation is. The supplied map is bigger then the tiny COD maps but smaller then the big ones. It could work if depending on the variety.

You dont pay for demos, one of the perks of being a gold subscriber is early demo access. If you dont want to be a subscriber you wait a week, then have access.

Nobody is paying for demos.

The Demo wasnt that Great. The Guns feel way off, There is noticable Controller lag, The Graphics are ok but not the best, Tons of jagged edges & screen Tearing.

It definitely didn't feel right to me. Very chaotic and fast. More like Call of Duty than the more deliberately paced previous efforts. The suit items control and work well, but they didn't feel right in a fast/close game. The other levels better be very different to keep my attention.
Graphics were pretty good, though. The 3D functionality actually helped with the depth in several places, too.

Anyone else notice the crappy hit detection?

I kept getting killed via melee and could have sworn I was too far away for contact. Each reply killcam clearly showed that I was way too far away for melee to have been a kill, yet I was killed each time.

Sure enough, anytime an enemy was close to me I would use melee. My melee kills have just been sky rocketing!

Anyways, not a very good game over all.

Just played it, reminds me of Killzone 2 alot. 3D is a welcome surprise addition (for me...wasn't expecting it) and works well too.

Played 3 rounds last night, and while I did top my team while winning twice I'd have to say that getting kills in Crysis 2 does not feel satisfying at all, some sort of hit marker sound could possibly quell this, I don't know. Also my buddy and I noticed the surround sound seems wonky, your own steps always sound like teammates or enemies behind you and when there is enemies behind you you can never really hear them.

Played some last night- graphics are actually above average for a 360 title. Action is a bit fast- to me it looks and feels a lot like the FEAR 2 MP on the 360. I really doubt this is going to become a major MP title on the 360 though.

Last edited:
I was having issues yeterday where it would take forever to find a match. That might have just been a function of not many people playing, but it was kind of annoying.

I was having issues yeterday where it would take forever to find a match. That might have just been a function of not many people playing, but it was kind of annoying.

Yeah- I forgot to mention that. It did the same for me and it froze up too when a match was about to start.

I haven't fired up the xbox in a few months. I might take a peek this eve.

Thinking about what I didn't like - a new type of map might make it better. The demo level is made up of mostly corridor and "turn the corner" type of encounters.
A larger level in a more rural setting could work better.

Maybe it's because I don't play much online COD...but I had a hell of a time telling friends and foes apart until it was too late...

Not very excited about the game after playing the demo. The graphics aren't bad, but nothing great. Controls too laggy/sluggish... annoying armor thing... same as what others have said here.

Just not very fun. I wouldn't be surprised if it was successful, I mean, I thought Halo was pretty mediocre/generic, and look at how good it did. I guess I don't care either way

the graphics are on par with what i expect. the 1 level included isn't really that good. things are very hard to see. everything kind of meshes together (colors?). the controls are OK. i think the game itself is laggy, my controls seemed responsive (wired).

it seems to me they tried very hard to clone CoD: Modern Warfare style of MP. it feels like a CoD mod for Crysis.

Played 3 rounds last night, and while I did top my team while winning twice I'd have to say that getting kills in Crysis 2 does not feel satisfying at all, some sort of hit marker sound could possibly quell this, I don't know. Also my buddy and I noticed the surround sound seems wonky, your own steps always sound like teammates or enemies behind you and when there is enemies behind you you can never really hear them.

Yes I agree on the some sort of hit detection also but this is after all a Beta demo, so who knows.

You dont pay for demos, one of the perks of being a gold subscriber is early demo access. If you dont want to be a subscriber you wait a week, then have access.

Nobody is paying for demos.

It's hardly a perk...demos used to be available to both levels of XBL membership at the same time...

MS didn't give Gold subscribers something; they took something away from Silver.

I though the demo was ok. It's trying to be Call of Duty but the controls are way too sluggish. The graphics are good for a 360 game. If I get this game it will be on the PC as I don't see many of my friends getting it on XBox.

Last edited:
Back