• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis 2 Crossfire Performance still Borked?

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 21, 2003
Messages
3,636
Well after installing the new drivers and Cap profile for BF3 ( which is awesome cuz now F1-2011 runs like a dream ) I loaded up Crysis 2 just for a break and noticed that when running 3 6970's in trifire my FPS is horrible in DX11 mode and not much better with it disabled. Is this Game just going to be always fukked up with Crossfire?
 
Well after installing the new drivers and Cap profile for BF3 ( which is awesome cuz now F1-2011 runs like a dream ) I loaded up Crysis 2 just for a break and noticed that when running 3 6970's in trifire my FPS is horrible in DX11 mode and not much better with it disabled. Is this Game just going to be always fukked up with Crossfire?

What kind of performance are you getting exactly? Does it feel smooth? Are you using the Hifgh res texture pack along with DX 11 patch? Also have you checked with an on screen display to see what kind of fps your getting, what clocks your cards are running at and what % utilization your getting from each of your 3 gpu's
 
Well I have a 6990/6970 trifire setup, and I just ran it at 1080P w/Ultra settings, Hi-Res textures, all settings maxed. Was only getting 55fps-63fps and usage on all gpus was only at 63%-65%.

Yeah, they are never going to fix it.
 
3 6970's running Frapps im getting only 30 to 40 FPS DX11 Ultra settings, Turn off Crossfire and run 1 card im getting almost exactly the same FPS. Looks like something is fishy all 3 cards arent being utilized then. Turning DX11 off and everything at Ultra im getting 50 to 60 FPS
 
I found I got the exact same performance with Crysis 2 with a single MSI HD 6970 Lightning and a pair in Crossfire. Using 11.10 drivers and latest CAP. So yeah, it isn't working.
 
Well I have a 6990/6970 trifire setup, and I just ran it at 1080P w/Ultra settings, Hi-Res textures, all settings maxed. Was only getting 55fps-63fps and usage on all gpus was only at 63%-65%.

Yeah, they are never going to fix it.

You didn't say, but are you running in DX11 mode. If so there is something dramatically different between your performance and the OP's The overall theme seems to be that crossfire isn't scaling to well in this game.

3 6970's running Frapps im getting only 30 to 40 FPS DX11 Ultra settings, Turn off Crossfire and run 1 card im getting almost exactly the same FPS. Looks like something is fishy all 3 cards arent being utilized then. Turning DX11 off and everything at Ultra im getting 50 to 60 FPS

That is a huge difference between similar setups. Marcdaddy are you using eyefinity or are you still on a 1080p screen. Look at JMCB's performance with trifire. It's around 50% greater than yours with similar hardware and settings, permitting he's running DX 11 which I'm sure he'll clarify shortly. When I played crysis 2 I played in DX10 mode without the high res textures and remember that they had a cap that broke crossfire scaling after the cap that fixed it. I ended up rolling back to that cap and I was able to find the game playable on my rig. For shits and giggles try this cap to see if it helps, remove your current cap just for testing http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_application_profiles/amd_catalyst_11.4_cap1.exe , make sure to reboot after installing and before testing.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, of course I'm running DX11. It'd be silly not to with a 6990/6970.
 
Ya i just tried a older Cap and im getting much higher Frame Rates now, mostly in the 60's in DX11 mode. Too bad i will have to change the Cap profile everytime i wanna play. The other alternative i guess is to use Radeon Pro to play Crysis 2
 
Ya i just tried a older Cap and im getting much higher Frame Rates now, mostly in the 60's in DX11 mode. Too bad i will have to change the Cap profile everytime i wanna play. The other alternative i guess is to use Radeon Pro to play Crysis 2

So it looks like an AMD mistake of the past. Fix crossfire, only to break it later. /sigh

What is your gpu usage on each of your 3 gpu''s with this Cap?
 
Back
Top