CRYORIG M9i CPU Cooler Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
CRYORIG's M9i CPU cooler is on the test bench today at ThinkComputers. If you are looking for something to replace your stock cooler, this could be a candidate for your next build.

Something better than the stock cooler that comes with their processor? When it comes to a basic cooler there are a few things we believe it needs to have. First and most importantly it needs to have better performance than a stock CPU cooler that ships with the processor. Secondly it needs to be easy to install, no one wants a complicated install process, especially a first time builder. And finally, it needs to be affordable. CRYORIG thinks that they have a cooler that fits these specifications in their M9 CPU Cooler.

Haven't seen a cooler with a 92mm fan in quite some time. I was a little surprised by the amount of thermal paste they used in the review. Not to say if it had an adverse effect on the performance but from the temperature results and the price of 26 bucks, I would probably just spend another 4 bucks and get the CM Hyper 212 Evo. Unless you were really pressed for space and even then, I believe there are still other coolers that perform better for the price.

Haven't seen a cooler with a 92mm fan in quite some time. I was a little surprised by the amount of thermal paste they used in the review. Not to say if it had an adverse effect on the performance but from the temperature results and the price of 26 bucks, I would probably just spend another 4 bucks and get the CM Hyper 212 Evo. Unless you were really pressed for space and even then, I believe there are still other coolers that perform better for the price.
For $34.50, the Cryorig H7 outperforms the 212.

I recently installed two M9a's onto family machines, running Athlon II X4's, and the only bad part was the installation was sorta tedious. Got them for $19.99 a pop on a newegg sale. I had considered getting Phenom II stock heatsinks, as they are beefier, but even used those are just as if not more expensive. Those systems probably don't need quite that much cooling, but they don't end up getting cleaned very often, and a bigger cooler was just insurance in this case. I would recommend the M9i/a for people who have a tighter case as it is not real tall for the performance, and if you need more I think there are better options these days than the 212.

I recently installed two M9a's onto family machines, running Athlon II X4's, and the only bad part was the installation was sorta tedious. Got them for $19.99 a pop on a newegg sale. I had considered getting Phenom II stock heatsinks, as they are beefier, but even used those are just as if not more expensive. Those systems probably don't need quite that much cooling, but they don't end up getting cleaned very often, and a bigger cooler was just insurance in this case. I would recommend the M9i/a for people who have a tighter case as it is not real tall for the performance, and if you need more I think there are better options these days than the 212.
For $34.50, the Cryorig H7 outperforms the 212.
Yup. As mynamehere stated, the H7 would be a better option among others.

Back