CryEngine3 Tech Trailer

Impressive. No way in HELL it will actually look that good on a current gen or next gen console. It'll have to be dumbed down so it'll run smoothly, I'd almost be willing to bet a few bucks.

Side note, with the city in ruins kind of look, reminds me of how Fallout 3 and New Vegas could have looked with a bit more effort from the graphical design and development teams. Hope they think about these things and implement similar capabilities while developing Fallout 4.

Looks good, hopefully my 5650m can play it...:confused:
Wonder if the toad will be playable in the PC version.:p

I would love to see a TES or FO game on that engine, or one that looks as good though.
you've hit the nail on the head...crysis was and continues to be a tech demo and not much more than a stale FPS showcasing their engine

not that they'd let a tremendously skilled team actually showcase the engine as bamboo can attest to if I'm remembering his name correctly although it's been a few years

I have to agree with DejaWiz; no way will the console version look as good as the trailer. I don't mean any offense to console users but the current consoles don't have the power to support the underlying infrastructure for gaming to be as smooth as portrayed in the video. Unless, of course, manufacturer's have been lying to us all and a much more powerful consoles are on the way sooner than anyone thought.

I think CryEngine3 looks quite impressive, one of the better looking engines out there. I thought Crysis 2's graphics looked great with DX11 and everything maxed out.

It looks good, but not "ZOMG THAT'S IMPOSSIBRU" good. I don't know why are freaking out. It's clearly in-game graphics, albeit post-processed with lots of AA.

*and I mean with regards to PC in my previous post. There's definitely no way a current gen console could pull that off in any shape or form.

Back