It was really close for me. I can run Source games at 1680x1050 on medium settings and it looks great. Source Engine really does the best job of scaling to your hardware.
I voted Cry Engine 2 though. I run Crysis demo at 1280x768 w/ everything set to low except physics and am still amazed. The devs kept their word and said that you can play the game on hardware ~3 years old. Mine is approaching 5! It looks really good and is stable at ~40FPS. The physics and the destructable environments are what impress me the most though.
I tried the UT3 demo and it looks like garbage at low-medium on my PC. I'll have to stick to UT2K4 till I build a new system.
I voted Cry Engine 2 though. I run Crysis demo at 1280x768 w/ everything set to low except physics and am still amazed. The devs kept their word and said that you can play the game on hardware ~3 years old. Mine is approaching 5! It looks really good and is stable at ~40FPS. The physics and the destructable environments are what impress me the most though.
I tried the UT3 demo and it looks like garbage at low-medium on my PC. I'll have to stick to UT2K4 till I build a new system.