Crucial RMA Experiences?

St0ry

n00b
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
59
Does anyone have any experiences with Crucial's RMA? I sent some Ballistix RAM back last week and the person from support tells me it will take 5-7 days to process once they receive it before they send a replacement to me. Seriously, 5-7 days to process? When I RMA'ed a HDD to Seagate my replacement was shipped the day after they received the bad drive.

Did anyone else's RMA take this long?
 
Seems to be par for the course for memory providers. My RMA with Corsair has taken nearly a month so far and I haven't even gotten shipping confirmation. I've had friends whose RMA experiences take forever from other memory providers (Mushkin or OCZ iirc)

I too was shocked like you because all my other RMA experiences had been very fast and painless.
 
I'll let you know if send my crucial ram in soon. Looks like it's heading that way.
 
I did a cross ship and they won't be sending out my ram till early August. I had deal with a cross ship before and it was fairly easy. It came with 2 day air shipping, and once I returned my parts I was refunded the full amount in under 2 days.
 
Damn, didn't know they offered cross shipping. Well according to USPS they got my package on Monday, so hopefully the replacement will be shipped out by the end of the week and I'll get it some time next week.
 
I've RMA'd with them a handful of times - usually takes me approx 2 working weeks from the time I ship out til I get new memory delivered

Typically send in memory on Monday and get the return the following Friday - they usually sent mine back via 2 day shipping

time frames aside I've never had a better RMA customer service experience - I'd RMA'd for various reasons (usually overclocking related) and they really never quested what I did to it or where I bought it - just that it wasn't working
 
Thanks for the info. Since I don't see an option to track RMA status anywhere on their site, I assume Crucial will send me an email when the replacement has been shipped? And do they give tracking numbers when shipping?
 
Well I have messed with them once and won't be buying any more of their crap.

Sent them an email about defective product. Got an automated reply telling me 5 business days for a reply. NOTHING
Sent again, same reply.

live chat after 3 attempts and 15 days of email hell, They are not online or some such BS, I guess I tried to get support during lunch or something.


F Crucial and their ballistix crap they suck on support
 
Well I have messed with them once and won't be buying any more of their crap.

Sent them an email about defective product. Got an automated reply telling me 5 business days for a reply. NOTHING
Sent again, same reply.

live chat after 3 attempts and 15 days of email hell, They are not online or some such BS, I guess I tried to get support during lunch or something.


F Crucial and their ballistix crap they suck on support

Did you try to actually call - they're usually easy to get on the phone and were always nice people

I'd emailed them and never got a reply - so I called and was taken care of in 20 minutes
 
when i did my RMA, i just did it through their site...

sent the stick out, a week later it came back.. quite painless and awesome.
 
I did an advanced RMA with them and got credit back three days after the received my old ram. Sent in single sided tracers got back double though so I'm more than happy with it.
 
I RMA'd a stick of DDR pc2100 a Long time ago. I remember cross shipping and it taking about 3 days. A+ experience.
 
I had my DDR500 Ballsitix die on me four times over the last 2 1/2 years. I refused to take another stick from them and opened a complaint with the BBB because their sticks were 1000% defective and they knew it all to well to be giving people more of the same garbage for replacements. They have finally settled with me and will be refunding me $110 as soon as they receive my toaster sticks in the mail. I'm so glad to be done with them as a company and experience. I WILL NEVER BUY CRUCIAL AGAIN PERIOD. Sorry to the Crucial lovers but that's my point of view from now on. Anyone asks me if crucial ram is good. I will say yeah, if you are buying it for someone you don't like.

Also, their RMA process never seemed to long to me. I sent the sticks and as soon as they received them(I thought anyways), my sticks were here in like 5-6 days.
 
I did an advanced RMA with them and got credit back three days after the received my old ram. Sent in single sided tracers got back double though so I'm more than happy with it.

Mmmhmm... I have 4x1 tracers. I think they might need an RMA real soon.

*rubbing socks on carpet*
 
If you RMA anything... you have to note that your problem needs to be fixed asap... that it is crucial

/bum bum tsss
 
I've just had to RMA a kit of Crucial Ballastix. Been running for a couple of months (with some issues) but finally my new PC just straight crashed. Ended up that one of the 2GB sticks had gone bad. There was conveniently only 3 days left on my RMA support so I had to overnight the suckers. After doing some reading online it seems almost everyone had their Ballastix die after about 2-3 months. I should have listened to the reviews, Crucial ain't what they used to be. I don't think I will buy again.
 
I RMA'd some to Newegg earlier in the year, no issues. I ended up with Mushkins instead.
 
I've just had to RMA a kit of Crucial Ballastix. Been running for a couple of months (with some issues) but finally my new PC just straight crashed. Ended up that one of the 2GB sticks had gone bad. There was conveniently only 3 days left on my RMA support so I had to overnight the suckers. After doing some reading online it seems almost everyone had their Ballastix die after about 2-3 months. I should have listened to the reviews, Crucial ain't what they used to be. I don't think I will buy again.
My ballistix 2GB DDR2 800 kit has been running at 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 2.2v for a year now, 24/7.
 
Crucial RMA is fast....... very fast especially cross-shipping.
 
Quick question about their cross-shipping if I ever need to RMA again in the future:

As I understand it, they charge my CC for a replacement, then once I ship the bad RAM to them, they credit my CC again. What if my computer is having problems, and I'm not 100% sure it's the RAMs fault but I cross-ship RMA the RAM. Then when they receive my old RAM and it turns out it's fine, would they still credit my CC?
 
I just did an RMA with crucial. They got my memory last wednesday and my replacement will be here tomorrow. Very fast turn around.I was expecting it to take a little longer.
 
I guess your RMA is faster than mine. They got my RAM last Monday and shipped out the replacement yesterday. Still don't know when it's going to arrive, the tracking number they gave me only tracks, doesn't tell me the date of delivery.
 
Never tried Crucial yet but I just RMAed some corsair 256mb ddr and they sent me back 2gb in a week. Didn't even ask for receipt.
 
ya anyone who says their customer support sucks must just be unlucky
hell they dont even outsource like most companies do
one of my sticks went bad and the rma email i got yesterday mentioned the new 2.0v revision so i called em up for a cross ship and added the other 2 sticks that werent even bad so i could have all 4 sticks the same
called yesterday, shipped out today
 
As with most customer service related issues, it's best to call. You'll be greeted by a native English speaker, and the whole RMA procedure will be taken care of over the phone.
 
Anybody sent in 6400 Ballistix Tracer in the past few weeks, and if they gotten the replacement yet? Namely model number BL12864AL804.8FE5
 
Crucial sucks.. I'm on my 3rd RMA.. 1st RMA took 2 weeks, 2nd was crossed shipped took a few days. 3rd is like pulling teeth. They want to downgrade me because I'm not Overclocking.. I said I'm not downgrading because of their faulty ram. Now they saying it's my system... I informed no it wasn't my system. I ran Mushkin in this motheboard for a few months and never had issue. During the time my ram was out being RMA'd I used my Mushkin without issues. I've been running OCZ Reapers without issues for a week.

1st Set lasted 3 days
2nd DOA
3rd a week.
 
I've had 2 bad Crucial experiences.

1) DDR1 - 2-2-2 RAM died for no reason (ended up corrupting my XP install in the process)
2) DDR2 - Cas 4 RAM - died for no reason - fortunately didn't corrupt anything since the RAM failed POST...lol. Yeah they sent a replacement, but that was what like 1.5 weeks later? Didn't matter since I already bought a reliable set of Corsair from Microcenter so I wouldn't have any downtime.

In my 6 years of PC experience, WD remains the fastest with the RMA process b/c of the cross-shipping. So far no other hardware company I've dealt with is willing to do that. WD will put a hold on the dollar-value of the replacement though...so poor college students with no cash should pay heed.
 
the one time i did an RMA with them i called them up, they didnt ask for anything but the model number, no receipts, nothing else, but my address and name, and they sent me a new set and told me to just drop the defective ones in the box and mail back to them....probably the simplest fastest RMA i have ever experienced, they didnt ask for any form of payment or anything, i was completely impressed
 
Crucial RMA SUCKS ASSSS!!!!! i RMAed my tracer 6400s ran 4-4-4-12 1T@500fsb, took 3weeks+ground shipping.
Then the FC#$% sent out singlesided crap that won't OC 10mhz over stock 4-4-4-12 2T @ 407 mhz. I won't ever buy from them again only G.Skill, OCZ, Corsair for me from now on.

waiting on CORE I7 to Go 3chan DDR3
 
Crucial RMA SUCKS ASSSS!!!!! i RMAed my tracer 6400s ran 4-4-4-12 1T@500fsb, took 3weeks+ground shipping.
Then the FC#$% sent out singlesided crap that won't OC 10mhz over stock 4-4-4-12 2T @ 407 mhz. I won't ever buy from them again only G.Skill, OCZ, Corsair for me from now on.

waiting on CORE I7 to Go 3chan DDR3

thats sucks dude.. the sticks i got were the exact same as my old ones... have you tried contacting crucial again?
 
Calls and emails only went to sales department they don't care about warranty customers.
I didn't save any of the old info on the chips i even sent them back in the original packaging.

ALSO FLAME MWAVE!!! they didn't cover the chips warrenty.
Thats why i had to contact crucial.

My PC is on 24/7 OCed on water room temps are always less that 22C
No auto shutdown because cpu never gets hot at idle even with high ambient temps.
The only reason my 1st set failed was AC failure in the summertime 90F or 32C degrees indoors when i got home PC was crashed to black screen would reboot and run but gave random BSODs after they got cooked at idle. Loadup TF2 and crash randomly.
 
I did a RMA with them earlier in the Summer and it was pretty straight forward.
I emailed them and told them my ram was starting to fail, they told me to send it in for replacement. They didn't ask for a receipt or proof of purchase and I just mailed it to them ground. It did take about 3 weeks for my replacements but because I had to ship across the border and I had spares it didn't seem like that long of a time to wait.

I also received the double sided tracers after sending in faulty single sided ones.
Two 1gb sticks of DDR1066 BL12864AL1065.16FD3 are the modules that I recieved.

Now that I have my HX520 back from RMA I can try to build my ip35 pro back up again and see if that fixed my problems.

I did an advanced RMA with them and got credit back three days after the received my old ram. Sent in single sided tracers got back double though so I'm more than happy with it.
 
Two 1gb sticks of DDR1066 BL12864AL1065 has failed on me today, the other 2 sticks I have are fine so far. Running them in M3A32-MVP Deluxe.Do I just get ahold of them and send them back? Get a RMA
 
call or website its all the same ship back to them with RMA number and wait

Crosship is the fastest method
 
I've not had any issues with their RMA, annoyed that I have to RMA, but its pretty quick. Typically about two weeks once I mail the dead stick.
I just sent back 1 stick of ballistix that died 2 months ago, and now the other died. I may just get a 4gb kit from another company and be done with it.
 
You guys think you have had bad experiences?
My set was signed for at the RMA dept. on August 15th according to Fedex. 10 days later on the 25th I received an automated email saying the RMA department received my package. How it took 10 days for it to get from whoever signed it (at the RMA dept itself!) to whoever actually logged it into the system I have no idea. Last week I sent an email asking for the status of the RMA because it's been so ridiculously long. Four business days later I had no response so I called and was told they are out of stock and it will be another week before they have anything to send me. So estimated total time for RMA = 6 weeks.
 
Back
Top