crucial or corsair for new build?

lukx

Limp Gawd
I'm planing on building new system on i7 2600k. I was for years loyal crucial memory fan.
But I'm not sure how it is nowadays regarding reliability is Crucial still the best company?
Or better to go with Corsair. I don;t care so much about performance. RELIABILITY is the most important for me.

Beware the fan boy syndrome! ;) Both are great manufacturers (and there are others), but both have their flops. G Skill is another to consider. As far as reliability, I've had Patriot, G Skill and Corsair and never have any of them crapped out on me.

Most ram uses the same IC's.
IMHO as long as you stay with any of the more popular brands (by those I mean Crucial, Corsair, G.Skill, Kingston or Patriot) you shouldn't have any problems.

Chip quality varies a lot with modules, sometimes even with the same models. Modules with higher than normal voltage ratings or with heatsinks are usually made from chips that failed some testing by the actual chip maker (Samsung, Micron, Nanya/Inotera, Elpida, etc.), while RAM with normal voltage ratings, no heatsinks, and actual chip company logos or part numbers are of much higher quality.

I'm still using Crucial as reliability is the top criteria for me, I've never been disappointed yet.

Back