Crucial Memory Heatspreader, Cool, IMO

MC FLMJIG

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't know if these are new. I'm guessing yes because they have no feedback.

I think it looks really cool. yes I know it's a spreader and that they really have no benefit but I think it looks cool.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820148017

I thought that they might be these since they are very identical but they both require different voltages...

Seems like they might be micron D9GMH or D9GCT (thx Eclipse)... meaning they should OC well. :)

How high can these go? I'm so tempted to buy... just for purdy blue!

I'm figuring that these are similar to their other 667 sticks, the other set I posted.

I was reading some reviews and no one was able to hit 1k on the gold 667's... then again... never mind. (If they are similar)

I have the DDR2 800 ones an was tempted to sell to get these but I dunno... I can hit 1k on those but need 2.45... I'm sure if I loosen from 4 4 4 I can go much higher.

Dilema... but they so purdy! lol

i bet i can get the ddr2-667's to 500mhz, easy ;)

i mean hell, the ddr2-800 i have does 600mhz at 4-4-3, and scales higher with 5-5-4, just cpu limited right now :(

:( U have a very nice stick...

I have the DFI ultra m2 and I'm having a hard time bringing it under 444 at 400Mhz. :(

I can however do 500mhz but I need 2.45. Also it's kind of tough because I have to go through a lengthy process. Never figured out how to get memtest going on this stupid board. I'm getting another though but no LP. Have Matx case. I might just take a crack at those 667. I doubt I'm getting C2d until that new one come out in January and it's different thanthe current ones and AM2 seems to be ok with 667.

i dunno man, i tend to have surprisingly good luck with ram or something. all of the stuff i have is able to do 600mhz or higher.. a random 256mb stick of crucial value, 2x512mb teamgroup, got it to screen at 646mhz with 4-4-3, but i'm cpu limited again, 2x1gb teamgroup, stable at 610mhz, 5-5-4 with only 2.29v assuming i can keep the cpu cold enough, and then those ballistix :confused:

I can see the 256 and the 512 but those 1gbx2 are sweet!!! I guess the 1gb sticks have finally matured.

U the man!!! ;) I respect your thoughts very much. I don't really respect most sites as they do seem cluless and just get mediocre results. You on the other hand are the complete extreme! You get what most can't!!! lol I finally matched your performance on the Ballistix 3200 though, heh heh.

Could also be the boards you use. I was actually shocked you did what you did with the MSI. I could see that with an LP. Then again you did say you achieved better with the same items with the LP.

I really thought the DFI Infinity was just like the LP's without all the pretty stuff. It isn't bad but I just got spoiled by the LP.

If DFI comes out with a AM2 "Ultra D type" board I would consider going back to an ATX style case instead of a micro.

On sale for $230 on EGG ;)

Love the spreader but dunno if I'm better off with teh DDR 800 ballistix.

just google it, there's a review at 3d gameman...it can do 3-3-3-10 @ 800...i bought a pair, but no board to test it out :( waiting for all the november mobos...i bought it when it was $250 and newegg was kind enough to credit me $20 since the order didnt make it to me yet

MC FLMJIG said:
If DFI comes out with a AM2 "Ultra D type" board I would consider going back to an ATX style case instead of a micro.
it might take a while, but it'll happen eventually.. definitely by the time altair hits ;)
for my results, i think it really is mostly luck. i'm actually picking up another set of teamgroup ddr2-800 to play with, 2x512mb. should be fun... memory overclocking is more of a patience thing than a skill thing imo, but having a good board with good ram is what takes the cake :D

which ram? if you already have the ddr2-800, stick with it :D

Thanks for advice. I was leaning towards that route.

I reallt desire the DFI make a great Matx stylre LP. Why don't they? I think it would sell like hotcakes!

Keep in mind that Eclipse takes things where many cant! ;)

Out of the 2 memory we have had that were similar I was able to produce very similar results but am not coming even close on the other... maybe a new board is due which I should be getting soon.

jhartono0002 said:
no, as i said, D9DCT and DQW are out of production. i would be VERY surprised if you came up with some without picking up some used ram ;)

however, i don't see what the big deal with "fat body" (micron BT chips) is.. i mean, it can't do 600mhz like all of my micron B6 based sticks have been able to do.. :eek:

Back