Crucial M4 128GB - $169 w/FS @ NewEgg

Nice. $10 more than the buy.com deal, iirc, but no tax for me w/ this one. Thanks!

Wow, had HD crash last night so drove to the nearest MC an hour away to get the 120GB OCZ Agility 3 deal they had. I would have preferred this one but oh well, the OCZ is a nice upgrade from HDD.

sigh sucks to be in canada. newegg.ca shellshockers are always so bad

$20 more than the buy.com deal for me; not sure if I want to bite on this deal or wait for something a little better

Nice. $10 more than the buy.com deal, iirc, but no tax for me w/ this one. Thanks!

I could not find this price on BUY.com for that price. They had it for $225.45

however i found it on SuperBiiz they had it for 187.99

Last edited by a moderator:
The buy.com deal is over and they do not have stock. The one you linked has the transfer kit; which is why its that price.

superbiiz with $10 coupon is $178; newegg had a shell shocker for $170 the other day. I do not think there are currently any good deals on the drive right now unless you want the 64gb drive which NE has for $90 right now

The buy.com deal is over and they do not have stock. The one you linked has the transfer kit; which is why its that price.

superbiiz with $10 coupon is $178; newegg had a shell shocker for $170 the other day. I do not think there are currently any good deals on the drive right now unless you want the 64gb drive which NE has for $90 right now

You know what's funny is that 2 months ago, this drive was about $220 - 240. I'd say $178 is still a good deal, at least for a little bit. I have the drive, and it's well worth that money (to me, at least).

So from a reliability/stability point of view is the M4 better than its predecessor the C300?

So from a reliability/stability point of view is the M4 better than its predecessor the C300?

Everything I've read about the M4 says it's rock-solid. I've only had the drive installed for 3 days now, but I haven't had any issues yet. Objectively, I can't say anything more than that.

Subjectively, I love this drive and have NO regrets!

You know what's funny is that 2 months ago, this drive was about $220 - 240. I'd say $178 is still a good deal, at least for a little bit. I have the drive, and it's well worth that money (to me, at least).
Yes, compared to what it was a few months ago; its a good deal., Not necessarily a good deal compared to recently, but still a good everyday price.

I have not installed mine yet. I am currently running 2 c300's (128gb) drives that i got for $220ea and was a good deal at the time.

Will have to see how this does compared to my c300's; i'm guessing day to day there will be minimal notice if any, but at $150; I couldn't resist.

I'm in the market to purchase one of these.

what is the best deal at the moment?

i picked up one from the buy.com deal. gonna put it in my new macbook pro that comes in this week. already have the firmware flashed to the latest.

only other ssd i've used is the samsung 470 64gb in my work laptop.

Back