Crucial M4 128GB $109 /w FS Buy.com

Sixthsense

I Suck Fat Ones
Geez when is the madness going to stop lol, no coupon needed for this one.

For those in California or where state tax applies when ordering on buy.com. You may try price matching the 128GB M4 with Tigerdirect via phone 800-800-8300

Crucial M4 128GB via Tigerdirect link, theoretically this should work so YMMV

Last edited:
just got my sandisk extreme from them, very happy, gonna wait till they go on sale again so i can pick up a few more

Attempting to price match the staples order I placed friday.

110-25 coupon = $85 :D

^
Staples.com doesn't price match buy.com.

Fortunately amazon.com has price matched buy.com thus you can price match staples.com with them. :D

Why does it feel like we're going to see a M5 soon? Still, I'm tempted.

this is a really mature ssd drive
i bought one back in march i have the 256gb verison and it was actually faster than 3 intel 120gb g3 in raid0

That was 5 months ago. That was probably the norm and prices didn't fluctuate that much.

For people who are just looking to dip their feet in the water, but are used to running spindled drives in RAID-0, let me put your mind at ease.

YOU DON'T NEED TO RUN THESE M4's in RAID-0!!!

They are so fast its just ridiculous. I fail to see the reason why you'd put yourself in a non-redundant state and pay more money to do so just to claim high write scores in a benchmark program.

Just search for best practices on SSD's (like disabling indexing) and you're going to rock.

To think I bought one of these just 6 months ago for 180... But for the performance, I do not care a bit. I envy you guys that have the op to get them for less than a dollar/gig though! :rolleyes:

Will newegg price match this? Nothing wrong with buy.com it is just easier to order through newegg.

damn amazon needs to price match this or something so i can get 10% off lol but i'd like it to be .50cents for the blackmagic cinema camera use haha

Amazon did price match this but sold out within minutes, literally (i kept track of the time). They are OOS last I checked but you can get some from some of their third party vendors, if you're feeling adventerous, but they aren't nearly as good a deal.

Also keep in mind, these will come in cardboard paper packaging with absolutely no cushioning, your box will easily get crushed if that matters to you.

Ah I see
Thanks! My 10% would just make it to this deal or so not cheaper dang

But what about internal garbage collection?

Had the same discussion in the other M4 thread. This is what my 64GB M4's perform like after 7 months use in RAID0.

Screenshot from September 2011:
CrucialM4RAID0.gif

Screenshot from a few days ago:
CrystalDiskMark_2012-04-27_22-43-49.jpg

As you can see the performance drop is minimal. If you can tell the difference between 920MB/s and 818MB/s reads in anything but benchmarks you are a better man than I. :p

People seem to be reading worst case scenario articles and equating them to every day usage which simply do not apply.. apples/oranges. If you are like me you install the OS.. a few apps and games. The loss for average users running them in RAID0 is nominal IMHO. You can also manually "TRIM" the drives using utilities like CCleaner.

My2c.

Great Price! I might jump... :D

Maybe I should buy 2 more and do RAID 0 for 4 drives. Would there be huge gains over 2 drives?

Tempted...

I haven't bought from buy.com for a LONG time. I just did a quick check on resellerratings and they have horrible reviews (average of 2.8 of 10)??

Should we be concerned about buying from buy.com??

Wow that is pretty low, but I've bought two m4 128GBs from them over the past few months and have never had a problem. My guess would be that the low rating is from when people bought third party stuff from Buy.com.

Im guessing a lot of that negative reseller rating stuff is because they like to have a really good deal on something like this every now and then without having much of it in stock, but not saying that they dont have it in stock, and then never fulfilling peoples orders. I wouldnt assume youll get something you ordered from them until you have the shipping confirmation.

Im guessing a lot of that negative reseller rating stuff is because they like to have a really good deal on something like this every now and then without having much of it in stock, but not saying that they dont have it in stock, and then never fulfilling peoples orders. I wouldnt assume youll get something you ordered from them until you have the shipping confirmation.

That's Tiger Direct lol

But what about internal garbage collection?

That is a good question. I make no claim to being an expert on these manners, Just parroting what I read.

What I read from Evil Scooter's chart, is a 12% drop in read performance in seven months. As far as I know, it is writing and rewriting that puts wear on SSD. If Evil Scooter is keeping that to a minimum on his boot drive, then there would be little problem. I do quite a bit with music, video and itunes (The wife writes spin profiles like mad). That and Internet temp files and things might fudge up pretty quick. I already have a 256GB and it is very quick. It makes one Hell of a difference with a large itunes library.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
midnkight also keep in mind, that you'll get much better packaging from amazon, my buy.com m4 that came today came in a thin paper shell with no padding or any protection at all, the box for the m4 was crushed, lol

midnkight also keep in mind, that you'll get much better packaging from amazon, my buy.com m4 that came today came in a thin paper shell with no padding or any protection at all, the box for the m4 was crushed, lol

ouch, And looks like the price has jump up to 135 on buy, Looks like my amazon find might be the cheapest, and I get it tomorrow. :cool:

Back