Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) $85 AR, AC

mZimm

[H]ard|Gawd
newegg has the Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory for a low $84.99 after rebate and Code: CRUCIAL2GB420 Exp Soon. Free 3 Business Day Shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?CMP=AFC-TechBargains&Item=N82E16820146563

From techbargains.

This is HOT. These things have been dropping like crazy, and this is the best deal I've seen so far. If I hadn't already sent in my rebate for my OCZ 2GB 1066 pair, I'd be all over these. I don't need 4GB though...although at this price I could almost rationalize it.

keep in mind the coupon expires on the 8th and hte rebate on the 17th.. so theres still a chance for it to get back in stock.. unless if they raise the prices..

115 + tax over @ zzf for the ddr2-1000 version. no lights and just a bit shy of the 1066, but still awesome price imo;)

For some reason I still don't have a tracking number for my ram, even though I ordered it last night and Newegg lists it as shipped. I gotta get to talking to them...

For some reason I still don't have a tracking number for my ram, even though I ordered it last night and Newegg lists it as shipped. I gotta get to talking to them...

That's happened to me on several orders - on my last order I didn't get a tracking number via email until AFTER my package arrived. Usually though the shipment information page on newegg's site has a tracking number within a day of ordering or less.

That's happened to me on several orders - on my last order I didn't get a tracking number via email until AFTER my package arrived. Usually though the shipment information page on newegg's site has a tracking number within a day of ordering or less.

I ended up talking to someone via LiveChat and they gave me a tracking number. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait until Monday to get these, unless a miracle happens and Newegg ships them in 1 day from New Jersey to Massachusetts (which is actually quite possible).

EDIT: NVM, Estimated Delivery Date is 5/4 (Friday). Newegg pulls off 1-day delivery again :D

Mine is currently touring Kentucky lol. Not due here until the 8th, so plenty of time to take in the sights. :)

Mine is currently touring Kentucky lol. Not due here until the 8th, so plenty of time to take in the sights. :)

Mine is also currently in Kentucky. Maybe my package and yours are traveling together.

Just got mine about 30 minutes ago:

img1232ah4.jpg

img1237oh6.jpg

Now this is my first time ever owning a Crucial product, but is it common for their ram modules to be separate from each other in the box and each in their own small anti-static bag? I'm guessing this is just what Crucial does when it comes to packing their ram. BTW, the UPC code is on the outside of the brown box, be sure not to throw it away (If you do, it's a $100 mistake :p)

Haven't even installed them yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, doesn't seem to matter what ram you get from Crucial, whether its $60 or $600 you still get the plain little box and anti-static bags. :p

is that a black pcb on those memory sticks? ......hmmm makes those yellow covers not so bad.

is that a black pcb on those memory sticks? ......hmmm makes those yellow covers not so bad.

I think it's green and there just isn't a lot of light with that picture I took. On second though, they may be black after all... give me a minute to take them out and look closer.

Just got mine about 30 minutes ago:

img1232ah4.jpg

img1237oh6.jpg

Now this is my first time ever owning a Crucial product, but is it common for their ram modules to be separate from each other in the box and each in their own small anti-static bag? I'm guessing this is just what Crucial does when it comes to packing their ram. BTW, the UPC code is on the outside of the brown box, be sure not to throw it away (If you do, it's a $100 mistake :p)

Haven't even installed them yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, that's how my 4gb of DDR2-800 came... standard Crucial practices.

The PCB is indeed black on the DDR2-1000 Ballistix :)

Ok, I've done a little testing and I'm having quite a few problems with this kit. I've tried running at stock speeds (DDR2-1000, 5-5-5-15, 2.2V) and I'm getting lots of freezing. The majority of my problems have been with actually getting Windows to load up, as the freezing occurs before I am able to get into XP. I ran MemTest on a boot disc and after about 90 seconds, it froze completely on me. Anyone know how long an RMA to Crucial usually takes? :(

Whenever you guys get your kits, can you do me a favor and check CPU-Z to see what your kit's SPD says? Mine says they have a max bandwidth of PC2-6400. Also, the serial number as reported by CPU-Z is "800F58CF". Does the "800" mean DDR2-800? In other words, might these not be DDR2-1000? My guess is this is just being mis-reported, but it would explain why these aren't stable with everything at stock.

I just tried updating the BIOS on the P965-S and they still have issues. I tried running them underclocked at around 725-ish Mhz with 2.2V, and system would hang before I could even get into Windows. These are going back to Newegg. Hopefully you guys have better success then I did.

When I received my Firestix DDR2 6400 sticks, they would be listed as at slower speeds on CPUZ. They needed to be manually set in the BIOS to the proper speeds and timings. Probably the same issue here.

Are you sure your board is compatible? Did you try a different BIOS?

When I received my Firestix DDR2 6400 sticks, they would be listed as at slower speeds on CPUZ. They needed to be manually set in the BIOS to the proper speeds and timings. Probably the same issue here.

Are you sure your board is compatible? Did you try a different BIOS?

Well I have a DFI P965-S, and I think I've seen people using these sticks without issues. I updated to the newest beta BIOS (originally was using the stock BIOS) and that didn't work. I manually set everything in the BIOS as well and it still resulted in my system hanging at times before I could get into Windows. It hangs at different spots, but the main point is that it hangs before I can load Windows.

If Newegg doesn't have these in stock once they receive my RMA, I'll get a full refund so if the ram just plain isn't compatible, then at least I can get a different kit that is known to work well.

EDIT: I'm doing some more tests on these and I'm having some better success, although I still can't run at stock. Right now I'm at 900 Mhz with 5-5-5-12 timings and 2.1V and it seems to be stable. I also upped the NB and CPU voltage just in case either of those was causing the hangups. If I can get these to run perfectly stable with Orthos and MemTest at these specs, then I shouldn't have a reason to return them. Hell, they'll only cost $85 AR so that seems like a great price for the performance. And if there is a problem down the road I can always just RMA them to Crucial.

So while my performance isn't what it should be, it's still a great buy for the price.

BTW, don't expect to get this ram when it comes back in stock because the price shot up to $199 AR ($299 before rebate). That's an $85 mark-up while it was OOS.

Dram 2.25
NB 1.45(can't really remember this, it's the second option on P5B bios)
but YMMV

Deal's dead. Price's 299 now
Think it's a price mistake made by newegg, but they honored it.

Deal's dead. Price's 299 now
Think it's a price mistake made by newegg, but they honored it.

Well Mwave has it for $115 after $40 rebate, and the only thing separating the two stores in terms of price was the $30 coupon code at Newegg, bringing them down to $85 AR at the time. So while there's a chance they just screwed up the price, I think it's just a part of the price trend with DDR2 ram in the last month or so.

Back