Crucial Ballistic memory issue

RedChief

Weaksauce
I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard running a Q9450. Now it runs fine with my G.Skill 2g x 2 memory (4g total; model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK). But with 2 sticks of Crucial Ballistic memory, I've been getting BSOD's w/ Win7. I initially thought it was bad memory and eventually RMA'd it. It still doing it with the new memory. The old memory was 2.2v (BL12864AA804.8FE5) and the new is 2.0v.

Any ideas on the problem here?

I'm in the same boat, except with the p35 board and an older dual core. I'm RMAing 4 ballistix and getting the 2.0v in return. From what i've read / heard, memtest each of them on their own because apparently crucial has been known to send bad sticks. Post back if you figure anything out, i may need the info myself...

Any progress on your issues?

Having a similar issue. Ran 4 sticks (2x2GB) for months with no issues. Started getting some blue screens so I RMA's all 4 sticks. Got back brand new sticks and they run fine in pairs but can't run all 4 together.

I just ran into the same situation with some old Ballistix DDR2 RAM that I didn't realize got wonky results from time to time.

Same RAM, just bought about 2 years apart. I can run any 3 together without issue, but all 4 will toss errors pretty regularly on every pass, usually on test #3 or #5.

I need to test it on another motherboard to confirm, but all slots on the mobo test OK (run 10 tests on a known good stick) and each stick itself passes the tests.

Yet the errors are always within the same range of a single stick of memory.

VERY old topic bottom line crucials new single stuff is GARBAGE 2.15v and keep a fan on it or it will burn and need rma

yep running the new ones at stock of pc800 cl4 on my UD3P i would need to manually set vdimm at 2.20v in bios or it wont boot.

The irony: As soon as I submitted the RMA on mine (as I'd had one testing bad consistently) they all came up 5 by 5 on the very next boots. Not a single stick had an issue.

I don't want to return them, and they've a lifetime warranty. If they act up again (I take images of the systems when I first install them anyway) then I'll just test on another board before RMAing in the future.

I think mine may be too old to apply to this problem with the 2.0 voltages. (Defaults to 1.8 in bios for me I believe)

I have the 3P but essentially the same MB. I have the exact same issue. This board has killed 3 sets of Crucial Tracer ram. I have to RMA the ram again and I will be RMA'ing this MB and moving to a new platform.

Crucial's support is some of the best in the industry. Seems they need it.....:rolleyes:

I'd put it to them, nicely. Shake the memory subsystem down with MemTest+ and note the errors. Tell them what problems you are having. Tell them your MoBo, and ask them what timings, Vcc, etc. you should be running.

I went from Ballistix to Mushkin....and never looked back. Got Mushkin in my #1 rig, and G.Skill in the wife's machine. No more issues, passes every stability test flawless with mild OC's, etc.....

Back